6 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Gmc Metallica Style Collab, Cael's Tune
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 25 2019, 10:53 PM
Instructor
Hello friends!! Welcome to our new Collaboration!!

This time, our big friend and talented GMCer Caelumamittendum has composed a full track for us! And I have to see that the tune is FANTASTIC.

This is the full track version: Attached File  Cael_s_Metallica_Fulltrack.mp3 ( 5.73MB ) Number of downloads: 224

And here you have 3 shorter parts to record your solos:

Part A: Attached File  Cael_s_Metallica_Part_1.mp3 ( 1.46MB ) Number of downloads: 243

Part B: Attached File  Cael_s_Metallica_Part_2.mp3 ( 890.71K ) Number of downloads: 205

Part C: Attached File  Cael_s_Metallica_Part_3.mp3 ( 1.05MB ) Number of downloads: 195

Chord progressions & Tempo:

A:
74 bpm

Em | Em | G | Am | C | C | Em | D | x2

B:
74 bpm

E5 % % % | C5 B5 % % | A5 % % % | G5 B5 % % |
E5 % % % | C B5 % % | A5 % % % | G5 B5 % B |

C:
111pbm

E5 | C5 | B5 | A5 E5 || x4

Suggested scales: E Pentatonic Minor, E aeolian.

Feel free to record over any of these parts or over the full track, everything you want to play! The more material we have the more elements I have to work on the final mix.

DEADLINE: April 14th (20 days)

If you are new to collabs please check out this: LINK

WHO WOULD LIKE TO BE PART OF THIS ONE?

Final video:

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: May 16 2019, 07:38 PM

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Adam
Mar 26 2019, 12:42 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Mar 25 2019, 10:53 PM) *

This time, our big friend and talented GMCer Caelumamittendum has composed a full track for us! And I have to see that the tune is FANTASTIC.

This is the full track version: Attached File  Cael_s_Metallica_Fulltrack.mp3 ( 5.73MB ) Number of downloads: 224

Part A: Attached File  Cael_s_Metallica_Part_1.mp3 ( 1.46MB ) Number of downloads: 243

Part B: Attached File  Cael_s_Metallica_Part_2.mp3 ( 890.71K ) Number of downloads: 205

Part C: Attached File  Cael_s_Metallica_Part_3.mp3 ( 1.05MB ) Number of downloads: 195

A:
74 bpm

B:
74 bpm

C:
111pbm

Feel free to record over any of these parts or over the full track, everything you want to play! The more material we have the more elements I have to work on the final mix.

This is great! I'll definitely give it a try! I'm trying to think of some nice lyrics fitting the theme. I'll keep you updated on my progress in the Mentoring Thread. But to be honest, this track would also make a great standalone lesson! wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Mar 26 2019, 02:31 AM
Learning Rock Star
cool.gif

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
GeneT95
Mar 26 2019, 05:19 AM
GMC:er
Been a while. Messing around some ideas with a free version of Bias 2.

https://soundcloud.com/shallowlines/met1b/s-5hoWo

+Quote Post
GeneT95
Mar 26 2019, 04:10 PM
You know its been a long time when your DAW resets the timing, warps the background clip, and you don't even notice and record n warped time.

huh.gif

Yeah, that's what I get. Guitars feeling neglected and making me pay for it.

Anyway, I fiddled around with the DAW just for practice to see what would happen if I 're-warped' the clip timing back from 149bpm to 75bpm and then correctly set the Daw's timing from 125 to 75. It shifted things around in my clip a little and I had extra, but I just snipped the end off for fun to see what would happen. Ableton was set for 125bpm and the background clip was warped to 149. Some musical math intervened and the background clip was 'slowed' down.

https://soundcloud.com/shallowlines/met2a

This post has been edited by GeneT95: Mar 26 2019, 05:44 PM

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Mar 26 2019, 08:50 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Adam M @ Mar 26 2019, 12:42 AM) *
This is great! I'll definitely give it a try! I'm trying to think of some nice lyrics fitting the theme. I'll keep you updated on my progress in the Mentoring Thread. But to be honest, this track would also make a great standalone lesson! wink.gif

Here's some inspiration (feel free to rip off or completely ignore):

https://soundcloud.com/benjamin-storm-linnebjerg/inthestyleofmetallica

This post has been edited by Caelumamittendum: Mar 26 2019, 08:52 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 26 2019, 11:48 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Adam M @ Mar 25 2019, 08:42 PM) *

Yeah!! I think that Cael could prepare a tutorial showing how to play this amazing track. Looking forward your take over this one! Let me know if you need help or feedback. wink.gif

QUOTE (GeneT95 @ Mar 26 2019, 01:19 AM) *
Been a while. Messing around some ideas with a free version of Bias 2.

https://soundcloud.com/shallowlines/met1b/s-5hoWo

I like the effect that you are using here, it reminds me to Mars Volta. Is it an influence for you?

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Mar 26 2019, 04:50 PM) *
Here's some inspiration (feel free to rip off or completely ignore):

https://soundcloud.com/benjamin-storm-linnebjerg/inthestyleofmetallica

You ROCK Cael. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
GeneT95
Mar 27 2019, 12:48 AM
Mars is cool. But I wasn't really thinking about them specifically. I was just messing in the DAW trying different stuff with a mostly dry slight reverb distortion track.

I doubled the track. Applied slight, mostly dry, delay to one and panned it harder to one side. The second one I made the delay really wet and it was mostly centered. Then I nudged it slightly outa synch with the first track although I nudged it all over the place just for fun to see what would happen.

Because everything was having the timing warped, depending on how far out I pushed it, odd warbles popped up here and there.

This post has been edited by GeneT95: Mar 27 2019, 12:51 AM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 27 2019, 02:27 AM
Instructor
Could you solve that timing issue? Maybe you can convert wav files to avoid any tempo issue...

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
GeneT95
Mar 27 2019, 03:05 AM
Yeah, I fixed it. I just forgot to set the piece BPM first before I started. It defaults to 125. Then for some reason missed the Clip getting warped. I had just forgot how Ableton sets up.

Here's one that I did messing around with a completely clean guitar take and trying to use Ableton to destructively edit it.

Just messing around with stuff.

https://soundcloud.com/shallowlines/met3a

This post has been edited by GeneT95: Mar 27 2019, 03:06 AM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 27 2019, 08:46 AM
Instructor
Nice Gene! I like these experimental takes. I wonder what Cael thinks about it.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 28 2019, 06:55 PM
Instructor
Any news here? biggrin.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Mar 29 2019, 09:34 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Mar 28 2019, 06:55 PM) *
Any news here? biggrin.gif

I hope to see more takes. I will try and make a demonstration of a solo tomorrow smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 29 2019, 09:44 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Mar 29 2019, 05:34 PM) *
I hope to see more takes. I will try and make a demonstration of a solo tomorrow smile.gif

Great!! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Adam
Mar 29 2019, 10:08 PM
Learning Roadie
I won't be able to record anything before Sunday but I'm gathering some ideas. Tonight I'll try writing the lyrics too. I'm leaning towards Load/Reload era because they are great but also I can't do any screamers biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 29 2019, 10:53 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Adam M @ Mar 29 2019, 06:08 PM) *
I won't be able to record anything before Sunday but I'm gathering some ideas. Tonight I'll try writing the lyrics too. I'm leaning towards Load/Reload era because they are great but also I can't do any screamers biggrin.gif

Excellent!! Thanks Adam!!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 30 2019, 02:19 AM
Im back in the saddle so count me in!
Todd
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Mar 25 2019, 05:53 PM) *

A:
74 bpm

B:
74 bpm

C:
111pbm

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 30 2019, 08:12 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Mar 29 2019, 10:19 PM) *
Im back in the saddle so count me in!
Todd

Awesome!! Welcome Todd!!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Mar 30 2019, 09:25 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Would something like this be okay Gab? I'm just using Em pentatonic, not following the chords, that's something I'm just learning wink.gif

There's a terrible bend halfway through part one, I'd been playing a hard tail and switched to a floyd, my fingers weren't ready for the extra movement and my ears heard it when it was too late laugh.gif

https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/metallica-part-1-rough-take-1

https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/metallica-part-2-rough-take-1

This post has been edited by Phil66: Mar 30 2019, 11:04 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
GeneT95
Mar 30 2019, 10:50 PM
Ah, Phil. Good to hear you. I've been out a while and you've improved. Good work brother.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 03:58 PM