Hey Andrew Got A Modes Question For Ya
slash85
Nov 29 2007, 09:09 AM
GMC:er
gday andrew ,

i been readin up on modes in a few mags and on the net and what not so i got ya few questions:

mate im lookin at the locrian mode right now for example ......C locrian to be exact..... now does the CAGED theory apply to modes coz im looking at this now http://www.all-guitar-chords.com/guitar_sc...an&get2=Get .....ya with me?.......so when im lookin at the full fretboard i can isolate all the CAGED boxes of the major scale...........BUT.............if u look at this http://www.all-guitar-chords.com/guitar_sc...p;get2=Get...or alternatively enter pattern 2 of the c locrian scale u will get the specific pattern which actually does not resemble one type of the CAGED rather a mixture of 2 or 3 boxes..........so my question is .......is the only real way to get a full grip on modes by learning all the notes on the fretboard?....coz to me i would have thought c locrian would have been one of the CAGED patterns in the key of C with its root note C but still in a CAGED pattern ......one thing i dont understand is keys of the scales and such.......i mean i thought whatever yur start point was on the E string was whatever key u were in eg, 5th fret is key of A........7th is B......so taking the pattern 2 locrian above for example..........is it the C locrian scale in the key of F#?.....of is it C locrian scale in the key of C because its root note is C even though the C is located on the A string?..........sorry if ive lost ya this is so confusing blink.gif ......so if the CAGED theory does exist with modes what am i lookin at with the pattern 2 C locrian?

cheers andrew yur help is greatly appreciated mate wink.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
DEFENDER OF THE FAITH \m/
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:07 PM