Polemic Overrated Guitarists Article...
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 20 2013, 04:04 PM
Instructor
I found this article where somebody listed the 5 overrated hard rock/metal guitar players from his point of view... and the election is very polemic...

This is the list

5. George Lynch
4. Zakk Wylde
3. Joe Satriani
2. Dimebag Darrell
1. Yngwie Malmsteen

The reasons why can be found in this link: http://metalmark.blogspot.com.ar/2009/07/t...-rockmetal.html

I wonder what you think about this...

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Jan 20 2013, 04:12 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
I agree with the George Lynch statement.

Everything else just sounds like a hater.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
klasaine
Jan 20 2013, 05:50 PM
GMC:er
I don't pay attention to lists, either 'BEST' or worst or overrated/underated, etc. (mine included, lol!).
It's just somebody's opinion. They're not journalism. It's not a 'news' story. There are no 'facts' to support the thesis.
While I'll agree that music and playing a musical instrument can be sometimes competitive, what one likes is purely subjective - it's art. You're supposed to have an opinion. Not everyone will agree with it. That's probably a good thing or we'd only have like one guitar player in each style ... or maybe even just one style(?).

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jan 20 2013, 06:18 PM
Instructor
There's nothing overrated about Joe Satriani. I think people get confused about his later albums maybe not having the same kind of impact as his early work but that's a different subject to do with quality of work/personal taste. In terms of guitar playing, only an utter imcompetent fool could claim that Satriani has no feeling. Tone, taste, feel, soul, phrasing.. things Satch has in abundance and a lot more of than most smile.gif

+Quote Post
Timmy b
Jan 20 2013, 07:15 PM
Learning Rock Star
Yet another pointless "List"
The guy has some real beef with these guys
He should post some of his "classic influential albums" for everyone else to critique.

Also, not sure if its a really good idea to take up what he's offering on the site. huh.gif

If you are a band or a label or a publicist and you'd like me to check out what you're doing, review your music or interview you, contact me HERE.

Um.... no thanks

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Jan 20 2013, 08:05 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero
He makes poor arguments for all 5 guitarist. tongue.gif He doesn't come across as a writer who puts much thought or effort into his message. Seems like he was seeking out a cheap thrill by picking guitarist that people will usually argue about.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jan 20 2013, 08:05 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Timmy b @ Jan 20 2013, 06:15 PM) *
Also, not sure if its a really good idea to take up what he's offering on the site. huh.gif

If you are a band or a label or a publicist and you'd like me to check out what you're doing, review your music or interview you, contact me HERE.

Um.... no thanks

laugh.gif laugh.gif

Well said !

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Jan 20 2013, 08:37 PM
5 of the most influental metal guitarists overrated.

Yeah, right. dry.gif

+Quote Post
GregH
Jan 20 2013, 09:37 PM
QUOTE (DeGroot @ Jan 20 2013, 07:05 PM) *
He makes poor arguments for all 5 guitarist. tongue.gif He doesn't come across as a writer who puts much thought or effort into his message. Seems like he was seeking out a cheap thrill by picking guitarist that people will usually argue about.

And yet,
We are reading his stuff. huh.gif
So I guess it works.

+Quote Post
del-4fr53e3
Jan 20 2013, 10:18 PM
Learning Tone Master
Sure all lists like this are silly and subjective, but I do agree with him on all points. Being enough to call someone overrated? Of course not, but this is a subjective list, and I see where he is coming from. And like klasaine said, it's great everyone has different tastes. Music would be unbearably boring if everyone felt the same way about music. smile.gif Personally, Hendrix would top the list for me. ph34r.gif

This post has been edited by Sollesnes: Jan 20 2013, 10:19 PM

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Jan 20 2013, 10:55 PM
QUOTE (GregH @ Jan 20 2013, 09:37 PM) *
And yet,
We are reading his stuff. huh.gif
So I guess it works.

Yeah, i guess so too Gregh.

Gabriel's guilty for puting it out on GMC laugh.gif wink.gif

+Quote Post
klasaine
Jan 20 2013, 10:55 PM
I don't know about this particular guys case but it's also good to remember that 'overrated' guitarist doesn't necessarily imply bad guitarist.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 21 2013, 09:31 AM
Instructor
In my humble opinion - there's just music... it can be music that moves you or not. If it doesn't then don't listen to it, as a result, don't criticize a player just because YOU don't like him. We don't have to like everything, so in my honest opinion, these guitarist tops are not the best thing out there, as they usually lead to useless polemics. People should direct their focus towards more constructive things smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 21 2013, 01:49 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ Jan 20 2013, 06:55 PM) *
Yeah, i guess so too Gregh.

Gabriel's guilty for puting it out on GMC laugh.gif wink.gif

I'm sorry! sad.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 12:39 PM