Dieterle Guitar Mentoring
Dieterle
Apr 14 2012, 08:40 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hi Alex here a noter try cool.gif

[attachment=27113:Diego_Strat.mp3]

Santana style lick

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Dieterle: Apr 14 2012, 08:41 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Apr 18 2012, 07:59 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Dieterle @ Apr 14 2012, 07:40 PM) *
Hi Alex here a noter try cool.gif

[attachment=27113:Diego_Strat.mp3]

Santana style lick

Sounds good! You have some timing issues still, but it's getting better!
I would like you to concentrate on the latest assignment that I gave you! It will help you develop your timing very fast! You can use it as a warm up exercise! Just do it every day before you start playing and you will see a huge progress in a few weeks!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Apr 19 2012, 09:33 AM
Hi Alex , nice to heare from you.

You are right - like always wink.gif !

Thats what i am doing everyday now - the timing lesson (rhythm) is a real good exercise for me and i use it for warming up already .
After i exercise with Santana licks slow and after playing around for fun with it .
A good exercise too is your Blues lesson . Here i mean i get easier into feeling of this timing and rhythm and i somehow just like it smile.gif .
By the end i play around for fun and concentrating to get more feeling into my fingers - what means playing with less finger pressure ( i hope its the right word) - its a new experience for me .

Thank you for your help and keep on going !

Dieter

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Apr 19 2012, 04:55 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Dieterle @ Apr 19 2012, 08:33 AM) *
Hi Alex , nice to heare from you.

You are right - like always wink.gif !

Thats what i am doing everyday now - the timing lesson (rhythm) is a real good exercise for me and i use it for warming up already .
After i exercise with Santana licks slow and after playing around for fun with it .
A good exercise too is your Blues lesson . Here i mean i get easier into feeling of this timing and rhythm and i somehow just like it smile.gif .
By the end i play around for fun and concentrating to get more feeling into my fingers - what means playing with less finger pressure ( i hope its the right word) - its a new experience for me .

Thank you for your help and keep on going !

Dieter

Sounds good! Thank you very much for kind words! I am glad you are having fun, because this is the most important thing!!!
Let me know when you will get comfortable with exercises I gave you already, and I will make a new assignment for you!

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Apr 30 2012, 07:13 AM
Hello Alex,

its time for a nother question from my side huh.gif .

I am keep on practicing hand workout for warming up and the same with santana licks - first slowly and then faster and a bit for fun .

Your blues lesson is great too for get into feeling the patterns and rhythm

Van Halen lesson by now i like most because its sounds a bit heavy and i like that smile.gif .

its the first one i try with backing track what is a bit strange right now but i am getting closer to it rolleyes.gif

and i think it will be my first official record in the forum - but not yet dry.gif .

Ok now my main answer i am not at all into theory and i really like to get into it .

What i know is some pentatonic minor and major nothing about chords and how to get them together

Sure into your lessons already are signs of that biggrin.gif -- i just don't know how and where to start and then go step by step.

Everything is in english and no problem but it takes bit time to understand the new words and descriptions.

Anyway i would like to make some own songs with rhythm and soloing changes there are some old melodies i like and just couldn't get yet into some rhythm chords and baselines..

Ok now , i wrote a lot but i think you know what i mean cool.gif

By the way i have got enough time and there is no hurry just question now and information !

I am glad to know you and thank you !

Have GOOD VIBRATIONS around you !

Dieter

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Apr 30 2012, 08:25 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Dieterle @ Apr 30 2012, 06:13 AM) *
Hello Alex,

its time for a nother question from my side huh.gif .

I am keep on practicing hand workout for warming up and the same with santana licks - first slowly and then faster and a bit for fun .

Your blues lesson is great too for get into feeling the patterns and rhythm

Van Halen lesson by now i like most because its sounds a bit heavy and i like that smile.gif .

its the first one i try with backing track what is a bit strange right now but i am getting closer to it rolleyes.gif

and i think it will be my first official record in the forum - but not yet dry.gif .

Ok now my main answer i am not at all into theory and i really like to get into it .

What i know is some pentatonic minor and major nothing about chords and how to get them together

Sure into your lessons already are signs of that biggrin.gif -- i just don't know how and where to start and then go step by step.

Everything is in english and no problem but it takes bit time to understand the new words and descriptions.

Anyway i would like to make some own songs with rhythm and soloing changes there are some old melodies i like and just couldn't get yet into some rhythm chords and baselines..

Ok now , i wrote a lot but i think you know what i mean cool.gif

By the way i have got enough time and there is no hurry just question now and information !

I am glad to know you and thank you !

Have GOOD VIBRATIONS around you !

Dieter

Thank you very much for great words!!! I appreciate it a lot! I am glad that you like my lessons and will be honored if you will record one of my lessons!!!
I will be really happy to help you with theory and song writing!
So let's start with harmonizing a major scale!
You have to remember this pattern:

Major 7 - Minor 7- Minor 7 - Major 7 - Dominant 7 - Minor 7 - Half diminished
Using this formula you can harmonize any major scale and use those chords to write a song!
Those chords will be called diatonic because they are in the same key!

Here is an example:

C major scale harmonizing

C major 7 - D minor 7 - E minor 7 - F major 7 - G7 - A minor 7 - B half diminished

What I want you to do is to harmonize G major and D major scales using the same technique!
Let me know if you have any questions!

+Quote Post
Dieterle
May 2 2012, 05:09 PM
QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Apr 30 2012, 09:25 AM) *
Thank you very much for great words!!! I appreciate it a lot! I am glad that you like my lessons and will be honored if you will record one of my lessons!!!
I will be really happy to help you with theory and song writing!
So let's start with harmonizing a major scale!
You have to remember this pattern:

Major 7 - Minor 7- Minor 7 - Major 7 - Dominant 7 - Minor 7 - Half diminished
Using this formula you can harmonize any major scale and use those chords to write a song!
Those chords will be called diatonic because they are in the same key!

Here is an example:

C major scale harmonizing

C major 7 - D minor 7 - E minor 7 - F major 7 - G7 - A minor 7 - B half diminished

What I want you to do is to harmonize G major and D major scales using the same technique!

Hi Alex,

here G major and A major harmonization hope i think the right way !

Diminished as i understand means a lower tone !? And why you write 7 behind all notes ?

G major 7 - A minor 7 - B minor 7 - C major 7 - D7 - E minor 7 - F half diminished ( diminished means lower note and not F#?)

D major 7 - E minor 7 - F minor 7 - G major 7 - A7 - B minor 7 - C half diminished ( lower note not C#?)

+Quote Post
Dieterle
May 3 2012, 10:19 AM
Hello i hope you could sleep and relax a while - great to be first time into your chat lesson.

Van Halen lesson i do exercise of course more and into parts a good way with guitar pro this wasn't my last record tongue.gif

i had to try it and the last days and weeks i got to get into all this software stuff - its ok now not good hehe.

I use Garageband with zoom g3 or garagebandamps or guitar rig 5 the free version .

Yesterday i find out how to make them run as standalone monitoring

My mistake before zoomg3 amps over garageband and one amp from garageband whats to much noisy .

Anyway will get into it.

Theory a nother universe huh.gif

from your chat lesson is one thing i recognized took a while i am really without knowledge

first you write a chord then the notes what are inside that chord and then the pentatonic lines scales for using as melodies and what ever !?

This i might seeing with Am7 example
rolleyes.gif

Ok have a great tour and Greetings to Slowenia

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
May 3 2012, 04:54 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Dieterle @ May 3 2012, 09:19 AM) *
Hello i hope you could sleep and relax a while - great to be first time into your chat lesson.

Van Halen lesson i do exercise of course more and into parts a good way with guitar pro this wasn't my last record tongue.gif

i had to try it and the last days and weeks i got to get into all this software stuff - its ok now not good hehe.

I use Garageband with zoom g3 or garagebandamps or guitar rig 5 the free version .

Yesterday i find out how to make them run as standalone monitoring

My mistake before zoomg3 amps over garageband and one amp from garageband whats to much noisy .

Anyway will get into it.

Theory a nother universe huh.gif

from your chat lesson is one thing i recognized took a while i am really without knowledge

first you write a chord then the notes what are inside that chord and then the pentatonic lines scales for using as melodies and what ever !?

This i might seeing with Am7 example
rolleyes.gif

Ok have a great tour and Greetings to Slowenia

It's a little hard for me to understand your question!
Can you please write what you understood using A mi7
The notes are A-C-E-G
This way it will be easier for me to help you out!

+Quote Post
Dieterle
May 3 2012, 05:13 PM
QUOTE (Alex Feather @ May 3 2012, 05:54 PM) *
It's a little hard for me to understand your question!
Can you please write what you understood using A mi7
The notes are A-C-E-G
This way it will be easier for me to help you out!

Sorry Alex ,

A mi7 ( minor) ok the notes for this chord A-C-E-G i understand what makes me thinking 7! what does the 7 (A mi7) exactly mean

the next step Pentatonic and scale i think i understand can use the notes within for melody

-------(here G major and A major harmonization hope i think the right way !

Diminished as i understand means a lower tone !? And why you write 7 behind all notes ?

G major 7 - A minor 7 - B minor 7 - C major 7 - D7 - E minor 7 - F half diminished ( diminished means lower note and not F#?)

D major 7 - E minor 7 - F minor 7 - G major 7 - A7 - B minor 7 - C half diminished ( lower note not C#?) )-------

As i think i could play this chords on different positions on guitar fred .

Thank you !

Dieter

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
May 4 2012, 06:14 AM
Instructor
Ok I got it! You have a lack in circle of fifths and numbers! Let's fix it smile.gif

Here is the circle of fifths!
Attached Image

This is how you will add sharps and flats to your scales! It call circle of fifths because it goes up in fifths!
We are adding sharps (#) C - G - D - A - E - B - F#
Going down forth adding flats:F - Bb - Eb - Ab - Db - Gb

Here are all the sharps:
F# - C# - G# - D# -A#

Here are all the flats:
Bb - Eb - Ab - Db - Gb - Cb

So if for example we have a D major scale we will have 2 sharps F# and C# Every time a new scale comes up we will be adding one sharp or flat!

Now let me explain the numbers! It's very simple

Each note of the scale will have a number it will make it easier to memorize all the scales/chords and will be able to transpose it to any key!
As an example I will use C major scale

C - I
D - II
E - III
F - IV
G - V
A - VI
B - VII

Let me know if you need any help!

+Quote Post
Dieterle
May 4 2012, 03:14 PM
High Alex ,

wow is that a MANDALA huh.gif haha ?

Circle of fifth i can imagine.

C major scale and numbers ok .

Example G major scale

G-1 A-2 B-3 C-4 D-5 E-6 F-7

Thank you Alex !

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
May 4 2012, 04:59 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Dieterle @ May 4 2012, 02:14 PM) *
High Alex ,

wow is that a MANDALA huh.gif haha ?

Circle of fifth i can imagine.

C major scale and numbers ok .

Example G major scale

G-1 A-2 B-3 C-4 D-5 E-6 F-7

Thank you Alex !

G major scale will have F# tho!
Here is how you build a major scale
Whole-Whole-Half-Whole-Whole-Half
Those are steps from the root!
Let's look at G major scale:
G-A Whole step
A-B Whole Step
B-C Half Step
C - D Whole step
D - E Whole Step
E - F# Half Step
I want you to use this technique and build a B Major scale

+Quote Post
Dieterle
May 4 2012, 06:17 PM
Ok Alex !

B major scale :

B

C#

D#

E

F#

G#

A

G major have # thats why not F its a half step but we must jump a whole step !?

+Quote Post
Dieterle
May 5 2012, 07:17 AM
Hello Alex,

i am be thinking a bit about theory stuff and recognized that i am knowing here and there some parts but nothing in the Line.

I decide by my self it is really the time to get completely in to theory -- from point 0 !

I know i could start with theory stuff by my self in german language - what is a bit easier ,

BUT !!! i wanna proceed with my english TOO !

GMC site is in english and i will stay here for the rest of this life cool.gif ....

PLEASE help me to get into it from the totally beginning !

I am not in a hurry and i know you have a lot other stuff to do .

Dieter

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
May 5 2012, 07:32 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Dieterle @ May 4 2012, 05:17 PM) *
Ok Alex !

B major scale :

B

C#

D#

E

F#

G#

A

G major have # thats why not F its a half step but we must jump a whole step !?

You are missing one more sharp here! But almost there!

QUOTE (Dieterle @ May 5 2012, 06:17 AM) *
Hello Alex,

i am be thinking a bit about theory stuff and recognized that i am knowing here and there some parts but nothing in the Line.

I decide by my self it is really the time to get completely in to theory -- from point 0 !

I know i could start with theory stuff by my self in german language - what is a bit easier ,

BUT !!! i wanna proceed with my english TOO !

GMC site is in english and i will stay here for the rest of this life cool.gif ....

PLEASE help me to get into it from the totally beginning !

I am not in a hurry and i know you have a lot other stuff to do .

Dieter

I will be more than happy to help you out! We will take it step by step very easy and slowly!! I will make it easy for you! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
May 7 2012, 05:45 PM
Instructor
So let's take it slow!
For now I want you to build four scales:
F major, G major and D major and Bb major
Please write the notes using method I told you!

+Quote Post
Dieterle
May 8 2012, 08:27 AM
Hello Alex ,

ok i give another try - first

F major : F G A Bb C D E

G major : G A B C D E F# ( must have a # thats why not F)

D major : D E F# G A B C# ( next # C before new scale
starts )

Bb major : Bb C D Eb F G A

I think i found some logic for myself - using the circle of fifth in german Quintenzirkel and Quantenzirkel
but got to work on it .

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
May 8 2012, 09:21 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Dieterle @ May 8 2012, 07:27 AM) *
Hello Alex ,

ok i give another try - first

F major : F G A Bb C D E

G major : G A B C D E F# ( must have a # thats why not F)

D major : D E F# G A B C# ( next # C before new scale
starts )

Bb major : Bb C D Eb F G A

I think i found some logic for myself - using the circle of fifth in german Quintenzirkel and Quantenzirkel
but got to work on it .

Good job!!! Very very nice!!!!
Would you mind to do the rest? And write all scales?

+Quote Post
Dieterle
May 8 2012, 09:49 AM
Yes i will ! smile.gif

C major E major A major

C major : C D E F G A B

E major : E F# G# A B C# D#

A major : A B C# D E F# G#

Wow now i could see the logic a nother bit more then before tongue.gif

Thank you Alex !

Dieter

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 10:46 AM