What Would You Do If...
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 27 2011, 06:35 PM
Instructor
the question is... What would you do if you suddenly become rich?

my answer...
The first thing that comes to my ming is to travel all aroung the world with my guitar and a potatil studio (maybe a laptop and a soundcard). I think that it would be amazing to know lots of different places and at the same time compose music.

what about you?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ulrik
Jul 27 2011, 06:52 PM
Learning Rock Star
I would still finished the last ½ year of my education.

Then I would spend a lot more time on music, working out, and like you travel the world.

I sometimes buy a lottery ticket, but no luck yet.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Jul 27 2011, 07:13 PM
GMC:er
i would upgrade my Gear and pay the driver license.
then give a proportion of the money to my parents, and store the rest and finish my education, then i don't know.

This post has been edited by MonkeyDAthos: Jul 27 2011, 07:14 PM

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
Azzaboi
Jul 27 2011, 07:50 PM
Buy a PodHD500 and a DT50 2x12 Amp... oh wait I already have those, lol.
No I'm not really rich, but money smart with a good part-time job. I hardly buy anything unless it's something good and worth getting.

I would actually blow most of the money away into passive incomes like rental property and forestry investments. I like the idea of making money while I sleep rather than working for it, so I can do other things.

Maybe buy a sports/business car and a mid-size home with entertainment center. Another guitar just for shredding on and also start learning the drums?

--------------------

Play Games Arcade
Take a break, Play Games! Play the best free online flash games at Aaron's Game Zone like Bloons Tower Defense 4!

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jul 27 2011, 07:52 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
I would say - travel the world. That is my dream.
Maybe buy some stuff I could never afford (like MacBook Pro hehehe) or some fansy music gear + a new Volvo smile.gif
I would focus on the traveling part though - that would be really awesome.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
El Fortinero
Jul 27 2011, 08:44 PM
last year i almost won 10000 USD in the lottery, just missed one number. I spent the whole day thinking about what would I do with that money. sad.gif

--------------------
WWW.GROOVERMETAL.COM.AR

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 27 2011, 11:28 PM
Instructor
[quote name='Azzaboi' date='Jul 27 2011, 06:50 PM' post='535106']
Buy a PodHD500 and a DT50 2x12 Amp... oh wait I already have those, lol.
No I'm not really rich, but money smart with a good part-time job. I hardly buy anything unless it's something good and worth getting.

I would actually blow most of the money away into passive incomes like rental property and forestry investments. I like the idea of making money while I sleep rather than working for it, so I can do other things.

Smart choice my friend smile.gif I like the way you;re thinking smile.gif I would never spend money on useless stuff and I always think and act so that I can create passive income biggrin.gif dunno about the sports car though, not my type tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Qenzoz
Jul 27 2011, 11:42 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 27 2011, 07:35 PM) *
the question is... What would you do if you suddenly become rich?

my answer...
The first thing that comes to my ming is to travel all aroung the world with my guitar and a potatil studio (maybe a laptop and a soundcard). I think that it would be amazing to know lots of different places and at the same time compose music.

what about you?

Depends on how rich, we're talking about, if we're talking about being worlds richest, I would donate most of my money away, if its like being a millionaire, I would probably get some new insane gear, and buy an awesome trip for the family, etc smile.gif

--------------------
Guitar
Suhr S4 Pro Series Bengal Burst

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Jul 28 2011, 12:12 AM
Instructor
I'd invested in real estate !And of course, I spent the rest of the music equipment wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bossie
Jul 28 2011, 12:22 AM
..i'd give it all away after my homestudio is build...i'd miss the lifelong struggle for money! laugh.gif

Reminds me of that scottisch couple that won 185 million euro's last week and they didn't keep their
identity secret ..they're still running !!

+Quote Post
Fusar
Jul 28 2011, 12:22 AM
Build a ton studio and travel around the world definitely! smile.gif Transsiberian Railway for example!

--------------------

For all who are interested, I own a Yahama Pacifica 112 and a Spider Line 6 15W Amp

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
Jul 28 2011, 01:11 AM
Buy a few acres of land maybe 40m from a big city. Build a decent house prob a single floor with a basement, build a studio, a theater room, and just a regular everything else. Have another house for my parents built there also. Depending where I live, if no snow something that gets good gas millage, if snow some sort of 4x4. Buy some new guitars and gear. Put the rest up in bonds and such. Then go into hermit mode and just rock out my guitar and come out a few days a week to go exercise at a gym.

I think thats about it.

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez S770PB (Natural Flat) , Ibanez XPT700 (Chameleon) , Sterling J Richardson Signature , Squire IV Jazz Bass (Sunburst)
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 28 2011, 04:00 AM
Instructor
Cool post guys! It's interesting to read the different things that you'd do! Most of us are talking about new equipment... biggrin.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jul 28 2011, 07:51 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
Travel the world, that's for sure wink.gif

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jul 28 2011, 08:20 AM
Instructor
Investing in real estate, possibly at seaside wink.gif Later on, I would spend it easily on travel and gear - they are worth a lot!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 28 2011, 08:28 AM
Instructor
I like the fact that most of us also like traveling (including me of course) I honestly think that money should be spent in enriching the soul and mind rather then the belly if you understand what I mean.

We are currently living in a world which revolves around material concepts and mainly on OWNING THINGS but what do we do when the things we own, actually start owning us?

Let's say you build a big house, buy cars, yachts another villa at the seaside or in the mountains etc etc...You'll have to take care of everything and when you finish with one, the others ask their turn to be taken care of and thus you never finish and of course you never get to fully enjoy the things you invested in...this is, in my opinion the drama of the modern day man, wealthy or not, we all tend to want to own things.

I know people who have been raised in a poor condition and because they were ambitious and intelligent, they managed to make money and suddenly BOOOM - buying all the things they never had while they were kids until they could buy no more, just because they wanted to own stuff, not because those things were really useful to them smile.gif that's quite funny actually if you come to look at it this way.

Eh, pardon my rambling, but I see these things so often going on around me, that I had to share smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jul 28 2011, 09:13 AM
Instructor
First things first, I would buy a dishwasher so I didn't have to wash the dishes anymore.. I'd disguise it as a present for my girlfriend laugh.gif

I'm not really an extravagant guy so not worried about fancy house, holiday homes etc.. but the one guilty pleasure I would allow myself is sports/super cars.. not because it's a status thing but because they really are a passion and hobby of mine.

But travelling more would definitely occur and like Azza said, invest some of it so it could be a sustainable thing rather than blowing a huge chunk of money.

Oh, and a massive GMC party of course !! biggrin.gif

EDIT: I nearly forgot.. I'd buy a white suit. cool.gif With a Hawaiian shirt.

This post has been edited by Ben Higgins: Jul 28 2011, 09:33 AM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 28 2011, 03:37 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 28 2011, 04:28 AM) *
I like the fact that most of us also like traveling (including me of course) I honestly think that money should be spent in enriching the soul and mind rather then the belly if you understand what I mean.

We are currently living in a world which revolves around material concepts and mainly on OWNING THINGS but what do we do when the things we own, actually start owning us?

Let's say you build a big house, buy cars, yachts another villa at the seaside or in the mountains etc etc...You'll have to take care of everything and when you finish with one, the others ask their turn to be taken care of and thus you never finish and of course you never get to fully enjoy the things you invested in...this is, in my opinion the drama of the modern day man, wealthy or not, we all tend to want to own things.

I know people who have been raised in a poor condition and because they were ambitious and intelligent, they managed to make money and suddenly BOOOM - buying all the things they never had while they were kids until they could buy no more, just because they wanted to own stuff, not because those things were really useful to them smile.gif that's quite funny actually if you come to look at it this way.

Eh, pardon my rambling, but I see these things so often going on around me, that I had to share smile.gif

I understand your point of view and agree. I also think that it must be difficult to find a balance if you become so rich... as always balance in life is something difficult to achieve, and if you suddenly become rich I'm not sure if we are always prepared for that. It also seems that people that becomes rich starts to have new friends that appears only because of it... so of course, every good thing has a dark side that must be prevented.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
thefireball
Jul 29 2011, 03:49 AM
Learning Roadie
I'd buy a lot guitar gear and software for music, video production, and such. But I would give most of it away. Nothing lasts forever and the flesh it never satisfied. smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 08:39 PM