Almost There (record)
daman23
Jun 18 2011, 02:15 PM
GMC:er
Hello

I choose to record with Garageband.

Now I have the backing track, and my guitar playing track togheter, great.
I have also imported a video file of me playing it. The problem is, I need to cut it i 2 different places in order to
sync it with the audio. How do I cut in garageband?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
del-4fr53e3
Jun 18 2011, 02:20 PM
Learning Tone Master
I don't use Mac, but doesn't it come with a movie editing software, like iMovie? or something? You can import both auido and video there, and cut and sync them there smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
daman23
Jun 18 2011, 02:54 PM
QUOTE (Sollesnes @ Jun 18 2011, 01:20 PM) *
I don't use Mac, but doesn't it come with a movie editing software, like iMovie? or something? You can import both auido and video there, and cut and sync them there smile.gif

Yes decided to record with iMovie instead of quicktime. Worked out well everything

+Quote Post
daman23
Jun 18 2011, 03:27 PM
No sound when it comes on youtube.. worked in quitetime though when I played it there..

+Quote Post
del-4fr53e3
Jun 18 2011, 03:54 PM
Learning Tone Master
Read YouTubes guidelines for uploading various formats smile.gif

Here's a list of some well-known formats that YouTube supports:

WebM files - Vp8 video codec and Vorbis Audio codecs
.MPEG4, 3GPP and MOV files - Typically supporting h264, mpeg4 video codecs, and AAC audio codec
.AVI - Many cameras output this format - typically the video codec is MJPEG and audio is PCM
.MPEGPS - Typically supporting MPEG2 video codec and MP2 audio
.WMV
.FLV - Adobe-FLV1 video codec, MP3 audio

This post has been edited by Sollesnes: Jun 18 2011, 03:56 PM

+Quote Post
daman23
Jun 18 2011, 04:02 PM
QUOTE (Sollesnes @ Jun 18 2011, 02:54 PM) *
Read YouTubes guidelines for uploading various formats smile.gif

Converted to .AVI, still no sound. This is exactly how I did:

Garageband, i dragged the mp3 backing track in there. Connected POD and guitar as "real instrument". I started record sucessfully and got a complete track. Then I recorded myself playing without sound in iMovie. I cut the clip and dragged into garageband. There i removed the "Movie sound" So i got movie, synched with backing track and guitar music.

I exported as MOV to desktop. I listened to it in quicktime, sounded nice etc.
I tried to upload, no sound.
I tried to convert to different formats, no sound.

Please help

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 18 2011, 06:54 PM
QUOTE (daman23 @ Jun 18 2011, 08:15 AM) *
Hello

I choose to record with Garageband.

Now I have the backing track, and my guitar playing track togheter, great.
I have also imported a video file of me playing it. The problem is, I need to cut it i 2 different places in order to
sync it with the audio. How do I cut in garageband?

I"m glad to see you toom my suggestion to try Garage band and Imovie. It's a great way to started with recording if you are on a Mac. These types of questions are pretty specific as only Mac folks will be able to help and even then only people that use Garage Band. The best thing to do would probably be to watch a few simple videos on basic Garage band/imovie use. Describing where to click is a bit more clumsy than just watching it happen in a video.

You might try to edit the video in the video editor, rather than Garage band. So export your audio (with and without backing) and pull that in to iMovie. Here is a vid on editing your audio once you are in imovie.

*This vid will get you started on Garage band basics, check out the related vids for more and run a search on "imovie" for tips on video editing.

QUOTE (daman23 @ Jun 18 2011, 10:02 AM) *
Converted to .AVI, still no sound. This is exactly how I did:

Garageband, i dragged the mp3 backing track in there. Connected POD and guitar as "real instrument". I started record sucessfully and got a complete track. Then I recorded myself playing without sound in iMovie. I cut the clip and dragged into garageband. There i removed the "Movie sound" So i got movie, synched with backing track and guitar music.

I exported as MOV to desktop. I listened to it in quicktime, sounded nice etc.
I tried to upload, no sound.
I tried to convert to different formats, no sound.

Please help

Try SHARE/EXPORT MOVIE TO DISK/FULL QUALITY

*Make sure you haven't turned the volume down iside the youtube player.

BTW What version of Garage Band are you using and how are you exporting? Are you using SHARE or FILE EXPORT? It sounds like, from this post, that you figured out your editing issues? EIther way take a peek at the vids I found for you as they cover important stuff you'll need to know.

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jun 18 2011, 06:59 PM

+Quote Post
daman23
Jun 18 2011, 07:18 PM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jun 18 2011, 05:54 PM) *
I"m glad to see you toom my suggestion to try Garage band and Imovie. It's a great way to started with recording if you are on a Mac. These types of questions are pretty specific as only Mac folks will be able to help and even then only people that use Garage Band. The best thing to do would probably be to watch a few simple videos on basic Garage band/imovie use. Describing where to click is a bit more clumsy than just watching it happen in a video.

You might try to edit the video in the video editor, rather than Garage band. So export your audio (with and without backing) and pull that in to iMovie. Here is a vid on editing your audio once you are in imovie.

*This vid will get you started on Garage band basics, check out the related vids for more and run a search on "imovie" for tips on video editing.

Try SHARE/EXPORT MOVIE TO DISK/FULL QUALITY

*Make sure you haven't turned the volume down iside the youtube player.

BTW What version of Garage Band are you using and how are you exporting? Are you using SHARE or FILE EXPORT? It sounds like, from this post, that you figured out your editing issues? EIther way take a peek at the vids I found for you as they cover important stuff you'll need to know.

Yeah im done editing. Used share export to disk full qulity i could play it in quick time and VLC on youtube

This post has been edited by daman23: Jun 18 2011, 07:21 PM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 18 2011, 07:25 PM
QUOTE (daman23 @ Jun 18 2011, 01:18 PM) *
Yeah im done editing. Used share export to disk full qulity i could play it in quick time and VLC on youtube

So you finally got volume on youtube? What was the problem?

Also, I'm a fellow Garage Band and Imovie user which is why I asked which version you are using? Did you see that question?

+Quote Post
daman23
Jun 18 2011, 07:45 PM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jun 18 2011, 06:25 PM) *
So you finally got volume on youtube? What was the problem?

Also, I'm a fellow Garage Band and Imovie user which is why I asked which version you are using? Did you see that question?

No I didnt get sound!!! I dont know which version, im using 2011 macbook pro 13.3" so probably latest.
But why dont I get sound? Ive tried to upload it both on PC and MAC with diffrent formats.. I can play it in VLC and get sound + quicktime, but youtube just wont take it.

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 19 2011, 01:44 PM
Instructor
Could you tell us the exact audio codec you used for rendering? This is probably an issue. Also, YT often automatically turns the audio off if it finds copyrighted content.

When you play it in VLC, go to Tools>Codec Information..>Codec Tab and read the audio codec there.

This post has been edited by Ivan Milenkovic: Jun 19 2011, 01:44 PM

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
Jun 19 2011, 02:07 PM
QUOTE (daman23 @ Jun 18 2011, 02:45 PM) *
No I didnt get sound!!! I dont know which version, im using 2011 macbook pro 13.3" so probably latest.
But why dont I get sound? Ive tried to upload it both on PC and MAC with diffrent formats.. I can play it in VLC and get sound + quicktime, but youtube just wont take it.

If it is the same as what came with my mac mini you should have Garage Band 09'. Thats really weird that its doing that. I save my movies into avi and haven't had a problem. That's from when I was using windows movie maker. I got a mac mini earlier this year and I finally figured out the whole DAW / Video edit thing thanks to GMC, because I thought it was all based on the camera not programs. But but to the subject I couldn't get iMovie to do anything that I wanted, tried Adobe After Effects since my friend suggested it. I couldn't even get sound to play back on videos on the program. I went and got a copy of Adobe Premiere and everything finally clicked for me. I do my music in Garage Band / Logic, then toss it in Adobe Premiere, save the final mix as a h.264 which is in mp4 format and I've never looked back.

Edit: Todd yesterday in the lesson you were talking about USB interfaces. Whats a decent priced one to run a mic off of? Because I really don't care to much for digital sterile sound my Pod HD500 is giving off. Or should I pull up Guitar Rig and maybe use a clean amp / cabinet set to warm my tone up a bit? Which would sound better / more professional?

This post has been edited by SpaseMoonkey: Jun 19 2011, 02:08 PM

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez S770PB (Natural Flat) , Ibanez XPT700 (Chameleon) , Sterling J Richardson Signature , Squire IV Jazz Bass (Sunburst)
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
daman23
Jun 19 2011, 07:16 PM
Converted it into some mvk shit or somth with adobe elements. Then sound worked suddenly, also on youtube. Thanks for all help, now I finally can record.

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 19 2011, 07:42 PM
Instructor
Hope you will have no troubles of this kind smile.gif

It was then probably the codec that was faulty. Next time, try rendering to AVC if possible.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 06:37 PM