> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Murloc - E. L. Series-aguado-lesson, From Gerardo Siere
Murloc
Aug 13 2009, 09:43 PM
Learning Roadie
My very first rec laugh.gif
Lost count on how many takes it took before I got this take which I think is atleast decent, but with a few mistakes (started playing for about 3 months ago). I am usually a metalhead, but I decided to try some classical music for once. Anyway, here you have it!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by skennington: Aug 15 2009, 04:31 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 4)
Santiago Diaz Ga...
Aug 14 2009, 12:16 AM
GMC:er
Rhythm Placement: 4.5
Cleannes: 4
Feel: 4.5
Posture: 4
Sound: 4

Great take!. You must work a lil bit on your cleannes and the posture of your fingers. Sometimes, it seems like you do a lot of effort to reach the frets. But in general terms, is a very nice take.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gerardo Siere
Aug 14 2009, 03:41 AM
Instructor
Rhythm Placement: 4.5 (some displacemnt when playing Pedal in D stuff and you are missing a lot of damping). The bass lengt is longer on some parts but if you are aware of this and just play it in a way that allows you to reach the notes is ok.

Cleaness: 3.5 you seem to be struggling with some left hand shifts. May be the guitar neck is too low and makes your thumb placement unconvenient.

Feel: 4 Feels very nice, try to add the bass lengt and some of the missing rest and damping.

Posture: 3.5 I think some improvements are possible for the posture, but I can barely see your right hand, it seems that the wrist is almos flat against the string and that is not good idea, if possible send me another vid with both hands as you ussually play and I will answer with another vid., we should do this several times or what ever it takes to help you. That is what instructors are anyway.

Sound: 4 Some times strings seems to be hook under your nails (the string travels along your flesh and make all the turn aroung hook underneath the short nails) and you "pop" the sting what produce a not so nice sound. Again, some more vids between you and me will be needed.
Thanks for playing any of my lessons!!

This post has been edited by Gerardo Siere: Aug 14 2009, 03:42 AM

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Aug 14 2009, 08:58 AM
Instructor
Rhythm Placement: 4.5
Cleannes: 3.7
Feel: 4
Posture: 4
Sound: 4

Everything has been already said. I would only suggest that you have more light on your video. I could hardly see your right hand. Good job overall

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
skennington
Aug 15 2009, 01:16 AM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Thanks foe jumping in the program man! 80.67% on this lesson (pass)

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 09:37 AM