Restringing Problem
AIB234
Mar 7 2007, 01:33 AM
GMC:er
Hey everyone.

I just bought some new strings and while after putting on my low E string, I have vibration near the head of my guitar... I have no idea why. sad.gif

If I play the second fret it's completely gone. If I play the first I have a bit of it.

Anyone have any ideas?

Upon further investigation it looks like I may have just done a terrible job (loose). My first time stringing my own guitar. Gotta start somewhere I guess. dry.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by AIB234: Mar 7 2007, 01:35 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Mar 7 2007, 02:37 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Well the easiest solution appears to be simple, just raise the action on your guitar, also, what kind of bridge are you using? if its a double locking trem like Floyds and Ibanez's Edge Pro, that could be a whole different problem.

But for now, just try raising the action.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
AIB234
Mar 7 2007, 02:58 AM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Mar 6 2007, 08:37 PM) *
Well the easiest solution appears to be simple, just raise the action on your guitar, also, what kind of bridge are you using? if its a double locking trem like Floyds and Ibanez's Edge Pro, that could be a whole different problem.

But for now, just try raising the action.

I tried raising it but that did not fix the problem.

However, my D string is making a different vibration problem... but I can clearly hear that it's not at the neck. Though, my B and E are fine, so I have nooo idea what is wrong.

I'm thinking maybe I'll just go to the guitar shop whenever I get around to it next and get them to teach me how to do this correctly.

I ended up snapping my low E string and both my E/D strings are vibrating.

+Quote Post
Iscariott
Mar 7 2007, 06:31 AM
how high are your pickups? its possible the buzz is the string touching a pickup thats a little too high.

+Quote Post
AIB234
Mar 7 2007, 06:44 AM
QUOTE (Iscariott @ Mar 7 2007, 12:31 AM) *
how high are your pickups? its possible the buzz is the string touching a pickup thats a little too high.

Not close enough at all.

Plus the noise is from the top of the neck/pegs

+Quote Post
browq
Mar 7 2007, 09:44 AM
I brought one of my guitar to the guitar shop for a simmilar problem

I had the same thing on the low e string. Whenever i picked the first fret i got a buzz. A guy at the repair shop showed it to me. When you fret the first string, The string action is so low that the string is also touching the second fret, Resulting in a nasty buzz. This might be the same problem you have. It's probably best solved bringing your guitar to the shop. Fixing my problem only costed me around 8 euro's

hope this helps

Good luck

+Quote Post
MickeM
Mar 7 2007, 10:38 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Is the string resting comfortably in the gash?
Is the string tightly winded to the tuner?

If nothing else was changes it shouldn't be the action or anything. Put on a new E-string if nothing else helps and make sure is rest in the gash and is winded tightly.

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Mar 7 2007, 12:25 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Well, the last thing i can say is that when i has the same problem on my Ibanez except at the 18th to 24th frets, after raising the action and adjusting the bridge, it still was there, i bought a lighter gauge string, and it went away.

So maybe that will work

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 07:52 PM