2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Economic Picking Pattern & Hand Stretch, Quick Licks #7 (Econ Picking & Stretch)
Todd Simpson
Aug 29 2018, 11:15 PM
GMC:er
Well done on the ECON PICKING!!! The entire point of this lick is the Econ Picking bit and you clearly have that down. Also thanks for the camera angle that makes it easy to see the picking! I think you may have left out the last position (pinky on fret 19) but thats not the point of the lick so it doesn't matter that much. You've got good reach, good hand sych, good econ, and a good pinky!!! You have the crucial bits of this one well in hand.

In other words you just ...
LEVELED UP!!!!
Attached Image
Todd
QUOTE (onetabmat @ Aug 28 2018, 07:16 AM) *

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Adam
Sep 14 2019, 12:03 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Dec 17 2017, 08:52 AM) *
ECONOMIC PICKING & HAND STRETCH LICK

INTRO:

This lick is based on "Economic Picking", E.G. Riding the horse in the direction it's going. In other words, taking advantage of the natural motion of the hand. When picking from the A string toward the D string, using two successive down strokes would be an example of "Economic Picking" smile.gif

Here is the tablature. As always, start SLOW, don't worry about playing this fast. Just focus on playing it CLEAN Speed is a byproduct of precision. Just like previous quick licks, this lick works as a warmup, practice and solo lick. Don't over stress on getting it just right, or fast enough. This is just about learning the lick.

[attachment=46840:7.png]

[attachment=46839:7.gp5]

BACKGROUND / COMMENTS
This lick is connected to the BRIT SABBATH COLLAB by our own GABRIEL LEOPARDI! Here is the link the collab

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...=58700&st=0

*Here is the Backing Track for you to download
[attachment=46837:sabbath.mp3]

*Here is the Backing Track without Guitars
[attachment=46838:Sabbatth..._guitars.mp3]

BTW:
If you find ECON PICKING is not your thing, or it's getting in the way, put it aside for now and try it any way that feels right. Follow your instincts!

GIVE EM HELL!

Todd

I hate Eco Picking and it's probably my biggest flaw in playing but I don't want to skip it. Learning it could let me in for even greater things. I spent most of the evening trying to play it and I got the hang of the pattern but both big stretch and eco picking in one drill is too much for me. It's probably a fail but I did my best!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 14 2019, 05:31 PM
GMC:er
First off big props for giving this a shot. I went back and looked at the original video and the stretch is insane. I noticed that you shifted the last note, which is still the correct note, instead of reaching for the stretch perhaps because you are on a 22 instead of 24 fret guitar? Either way it still sounds right and I probably should have played it that way myself rather that stretching my pinky until it almost fell off. I remember after playing this solo and putting vibrato on that last stretch pinky note and I am remembering how hard it was. I like to challenge you guys and this one is a challenge. You did a fine job with it! The econ picking is one of the toughest bits. It's not always natural feeling to do econ picking. Some licks make sense to do it, like this one which repeats the adjacent strings. So being able to do it can save your hand a lot work. It takes advantage of the natural motion of the hand. You did a fine job with it and ..
Attached Image
LEVELED UP!!!

Todd

QUOTE (Adam @ Sep 13 2019, 07:03 PM) *
I hate Eco Picking and it's probably my biggest flaw in playing but I don't want to skip it. Learning it could let me in for even greater things. I spent most of the evening trying to play it and I got the hang of the pattern but both big stretch and eco picking in one drill is too much for me. It's probably a fail but I did my best!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 12:30 PM