> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Chrisglp's Thread, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 28 2015, 01:37 PM
Instructor
Wou! That's a cool way to make music. So you choose even the pattern / arpeggio played for each chord?

I like how this sounds! And creating a song collab from this one sounds like a great idea!

This has remembered me to these two beautiful albums:

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ChrisGLP
Dec 28 2015, 02:40 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Wow... that Sounds awesome...

yes, there ar many different patterns which you can combine with chords and speed, and in a few seconds you can change the key
of each song and and and ... It is awesome! (and very good to practise scales in each key)

If you want to start a collab it would be a great thing.... smile.gif

In the future I will make much more piano backings....

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 29 2015, 01:27 PM
Instructor
Cool! Now we are working on the punk rock collab (I hope to see you there!), but this could be the next one!

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=56403

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
ChrisGLP
Jan 6 2016, 03:23 PM
Ok, Gab, I have tried to Play something for the collab.... smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 7 2016, 01:56 PM
Instructor
I've missed it at first! Check out my comment there!

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...mp;#entry725384

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
ChrisGLP
Jan 10 2016, 04:15 PM
Hi Gab, this is only a test to insert a YT Video direct in the post.... You can find the Sound file in the punk collab....

it doesn't work.... I don't know why?

Ok.... now it works....

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 11 2016, 03:18 AM
Instructor
yes, it works! Thanks mate. wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
ChrisGLP
Feb 19 2016, 10:36 AM
Hi Gab.... I am still practising vibrato, bendings, alternate picking, etc. I hope I can rec a lesson next week.... but it takes time to improve all These techniques....

One question: You often write in assessments "Your tone could be warmer...." (as in Phils last rec)

How can I make the tone "warmer"? What should I use to make it warmer?

....and many thx again for this unbelievable awesome result at the piano collab!!!! smile.gif

We Need a new collab! A day without a GAB-Collab is a lost day!!! ohmy.gif smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 19 2016, 01:26 PM
Instructor
Hi Chris,

there is a combination of things that can help to make your tone sound warmer. The faster way to try is experimenting with EQ. You can try adding bass and a bit of mids, or you can also try lowering treble and/or prescence. If this changes don't help to get what you want, I recommend experiment changing something of this:

- head used: You can try other amps to see if the initial color is warmer.
- cabinet: The cabinet choice can also affect the EQ balance.
- Adding a pedal. I sometimes add a tube screamer or rat to give a different vibe to my tone.
- Experimenting with the mic choice and position. The sound that you get with a dynamic sm 57 can be very different compared with a condenser.

The tone is build up by the sum of all these things. That's what makes it so complex but amazing. Experiment, record, listen to your solos, compare with other guitarists. We are always in the search of the perfect tone.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
ChrisGLP
Mar 8 2016, 04:11 PM
Hi Gab, after a "little" break with this awesome lesson I have made a new rec.
I want to insert it in the rec zone to improve my last bad result.

What do you think?

I am still practising vibrato, bendings, speed, collabs, etc..... (I think its getting better in small steps) rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 9 2016, 02:15 PM
Instructor
Hi Chris! Good job.

This lesson is sounding really good! Your bending is on pitch and vibrato starts to feel more natural and related with the backing track. It's good to continue playing this one in order to feel more and more comfortable. It's also a good idea to create your own variations of the solo over the backing track.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
ChrisGLP
Mar 9 2016, 03:14 PM
Thx Gab!! smile.gif I have learned a lot since I am here at GMC.... and I am practising a lot....

Do you have an advice for me for Speed Training? At the Moment I can Play 16th notes at 110 bpm with alternate picking...
but I have the Feeling that I could not go any further... sad.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 9 2016, 03:26 PM
Instructor
Could you record a video of you playing at your limit?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
ChrisGLP
Mar 9 2016, 03:35 PM
ok... I make a Video "at the Limit".... smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 11 2016, 12:16 AM
Instructor
Great.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
ChrisGLP
Mar 11 2016, 02:58 PM
Hi Gab, see my PM.....

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 11 2016, 08:45 PM
Instructor
Hi Chris,

I've received your video. I noticed that you are not holding your pick with the tip of your right hand thumb. I think that you can get more precision if you hold your pick more like this: link.

The movement that you are doing seems to be right, starting from your wrist, and not moving your fingers, however your hand doesn't look comortable.

Besides the most musical lessons that you are practicing, I think that you'll find these exercises helpful and effective to train your alternate picking technique:

ITC

There you'll find the exercises that helped me to polish my technique so adding the Alternate picking exercises to your diary routine will help a lot. The first lessons (3, 4, 5, 6, 11,13) are more to adjust movement, then 15 is for speed.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
ChrisGLP
Mar 12 2016, 08:03 AM
Hi Gab, thx so much , that gives me hope.... smile.gif

With your feedback I have noticed that I sometimes hold the pick not correct...

F***K, such beginner mistakes after 16 months playing the guitar..... mad.gif

The next weeks I concentrate only on alternate picking (your exercises) and my daily guitar gym.....

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 12 2016, 09:39 PM
Instructor
Not beginner mistakes! I have very advanced students that come to class for the first time and we have to adjust the way they hold the pick to expand their technique limits. wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
ChrisGLP
Mar 17 2016, 09:00 AM
Hi Gab, I have also practised vibrato with this lesson from Ben...

What do you think?

Since I hold the pick as you have shown in your pictures its getting much more better with the alternate picking! smile.gif
The control is better and the wrist and the forearm are not so cramped.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 11:56 PM