2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Best Online Store
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 10 2012, 02:42 PM
Instructor
Hi guys! I was wondering which you think is the best store to buy instruments, pedals, mics, audio interfaces online... do you have any favourite store where you usually buy?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Qenzoz
Sep 10 2012, 02:45 PM
GMC:er
Not quite sure if it is the best, but this is the one I use, they seem to have a lot of different goodies smile.gif, and they ship out to pretty much every country in EU biggrin.gif

http://www.thomann.de

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitar
Suhr S4 Pro Series Bengal Burst

+Quote Post
ItSME3
Sep 10 2012, 02:57 PM
QUOTE (Qenzoz @ Sep 10 2012, 01:45 PM) *
Not quite sure if it is the best, but this is the one I use, they seem to have a lot of different goodies smile.gif, and they ship out to pretty much every country in EU biggrin.gif

http://www.thomann.de

I second that

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 10 2012, 03:07 PM
Instructor
Cool guys! but I think that they don't do shipping to South America, do they?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
carminemarotta
Sep 10 2012, 03:34 PM
My local shops are second to no one (just my opinion)
Andertons (http://www.andertons.co.uk)
Guitar Guitar (http://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/)

They may ship to South America
Carmine

+Quote Post
Qenzoz
Sep 10 2012, 03:35 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Sep 10 2012, 04:07 PM) *
Cool guys! but I think that they don't do shipping to South America, do they?

I think they do, but the shipping seems to be rather expensive then, I just looked up for Argentina the price is 50 eur shipping and a 7-15 days wait time huh.gif , where as compared to Denmark would be 8 eur shipping and a 3-4 days wait time.

Source: http://www.thomann.de/gb/helpdesk_shipping...&country=ar

Sadly I don't know any dealers that are in your area.
http://www.thomann.de/gb/helpdesk_shipping.html

Also, if anyone decides to buy from Thomann, I'd recommend if you buy a guitar, you should state in your comment that you'd like for them to check it up and that everything is working correctly with it, since I bought a Fender Stratocaster from them, that lost tone and had a ton of weird things going on with it, then the next time I bought from them I bought some pedals. And I asked them if they would check that everything is working and then they later sent me an mail saying that everything was working correctly smile.gif, other than that I have only had good experience with them, they also have a great customer support IMO.

This post has been edited by Qenzoz: Sep 10 2012, 03:36 PM

--------------------
Guitar

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Sep 10 2012, 04:21 PM
Learning Roadie
I've used Thomann, guitarguitar and Anderton, good service from all of them, but great service from GuitarGuitar.

I ordered my Tyler Burning water 2K through them, and they used one of their shop order slots with Tyler so I got it in 2 months rather than 8 months.

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Qenzoz
Sep 10 2012, 04:27 PM
QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Sep 10 2012, 05:21 PM) *
I've used Thomann, guitarguitar and Anderton, good service from all of them, but great service from GuitarGuitar.

I ordered my Tyler Burning water 2K through them, and they used one of their shop order slots with Tyler so I got it in 2 months rather than 8 months.

Nice, I've been looking at Guitarguitar and I must say that site looks nice they seem to have a really good collection of guitars, I just need to figure out how it works if & when they send it to Denmark smile.gif

--------------------
Guitar

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Sep 10 2012, 04:28 PM
There's NO BEST online shops...Cos' u can't try gear in it!! wink.gif

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Sep 10 2012, 04:56 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
I also order mostly at Thomann, really good store.

www.musik-produktiv.de is also great.

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Sep 10 2012, 04:59 PM
www.ebay.com

Best online store.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 10 2012, 05:11 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ Sep 10 2012, 12:28 PM) *
There's NO BEST online shops...Cos' u can't try gear in it!! wink.gif

Good point. I wouldn't buy a guitar but I would buy pedals, pick ups, and audio equipment.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Sep 10 2012, 05:17 PM
i don't know , i've always found second hand gear more attractive. u can get things for 50% of regular price and u can sell it again without value loss...

+Quote Post
Qenzoz
Sep 10 2012, 05:18 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Sep 10 2012, 06:11 PM) *
Good point. I wouldn't buy a guitar but I would buy pedals, pick ups, and audio equipment.

Ah, yes.. I'd definitely like that option too, but since here in Denmark all the stores are sadly only selling Fender guitars, and occasionally Gibson, Ibanez, etc (that standard). I kind of want to go a little outside that area and try PRS & Suhr, even tho PRS seems common, it is definitely not common in Denmark, it seems to be so Fenderish & Gibsonish here mellow.gif

So I was actually wondering if you have any advice for someone if they actually were to buy a guitar on-line? I also have to be honest an say all my guitars I haven't played before I bought them not sure if I am lucky or just easy to satisfy, but I just mainly focus on the sound and reviews, and try to get a good guitar, so far I have only been pleased smile.gif

--------------------
Guitar

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Sep 10 2012, 05:22 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
For pro end studio equipment Gab the better ones in my expierience are:

Funky Junk/Pro Audio Europe (www.funky-junk.com)

KMR (www.kmraudio.com)

Mercenary Audio (www.mercenary.com)

All of these will let you rent/hire to trial equipment for long term demos, which is the best way to demo high end - i.e. in your own studio over an extended period. I think all three will offset the hire/rental against the purchase price if you buy. They all also have in-house facilities where they can arrange a shop demo if you want, get installation, repairs and
so on.

FJ and KMR are in London, UK but FJ also has shops elsewhere in Europe and their staff speak a number of languages in addition to English. Mercenary are in the USA. I think all three ship worldwide. FJ and KMR also do some prosumer studio equipment.

Prosumer/consumer end I'd also add DV24/7 to the ones already mentioned.

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Nihilist1
Sep 11 2012, 03:50 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
I usually just go online to Musiciansfriend.com for all the normal consumer products.

www.juststrings.com for strings

v-picks.com for picks

and for pedals I usually go to the manufacturers site or Ebay. The problem with pedals is that I am a bit of a gear whore, so I have the habit of getting really nice boutique gear. My next two pedals will be delay.

The Echoplex: Cumbersome, but I honestly think it is second to none.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&am...plex&_frs=1

Moog - Moogerfooger: I really do enjoy this. I got to try it at a pawn shop the other day. The unit was in perfect working order and only $300. I will be picking it up in November. Because I have a whole lotta stuff I have to pay off as well.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=moog+m...x&_osacat=0

--------------------
All the elders have fallen down...

Heal her now...

All the elders have fallen down...

Heal her now...

Grandfather elk
Turned to me
And spoke:

Light the fire deep inside.
Light the fires!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 11 2012, 07:36 AM
Instructor
Indeed, as the guys said - it's not a good idea to buy a guitar online - can't try it.

And there's one more thing - taxes!

Because we live in Europe, anything we order online from a country which belongs to the European Community, doesn't have any extra tax along with it, but the prices are higher than in the US. For instance, you can get a PRS Custom 24 for 2500 dollars in the USA while in Europe, it will cost 2500 Euros, which is much more expensive than 2500 dollars.

Thing is that if you order from the US - you have to pay the VAT once it arrives here in Europe - and that gets you to almost as close as the European price - Conclusion? You didn't make any deal at all - you most probably had to pay transport over the ocean as well and chances are that the price is even higher smile.gif

If you want to ditch this stupid regulation - you need to have a friend in the US who knows about guitars. He buys the guitar and then he sends it as a gift smile.gif In that way, you can go over the customs and not pay more money, because once the guitar is received at the customs and they see that it came from a company, they will research and find out that it was bought. But if it comes from a person, they can't tax a gift, can they? smile.gif

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Sep 11 2012, 07:37 AM

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Sep 11 2012, 10:05 AM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 11 2012, 06:36 AM) *
If you want to ditch this stupid regulation - you need to have a friend in the US who knows about guitars. He buys the guitar and then he sends it as a gift smile.gif In that way, you can go over the customs and not pay more money, because once the guitar is received at the customs and they see that it came from a company, they will research and find out that it was bought. But if it comes from a person, they can't tax a gift, can they? smile.gif

Yeah, this is correct.

If the person who sends u guitar part mark it as a gift, u don't have to pay anything.
Or just if u find something interresting on ebay, just ask seller if he would send it to you as a gift. If he says it's ok, way to go!!
But it's a bit risky to buy guitar online and to get it from long distances, don't u think?
i'm trying to buy guitar separated parts and just to assemble it when it come, so u won't risk of getting it damaged.

+Quote Post
del-4fr53e3
Sep 11 2012, 10:23 AM
Learning Tone Master
Thomann is great! I however now buy my strings at stikker.no (norwegian site, the prices are less than 50% of what I would have to pay in a store - almost as cheap as it would be in the US I think). There's not much else I routinly buy except picks at Davas homepage. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Sollesnes: Sep 11 2012, 10:24 AM

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Sep 11 2012, 11:02 AM
Moderator - low level high stakes
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 11 2012, 07:36 AM) *
Indeed, as the guys said - it's not a good idea to buy a guitar online - can't try it.

And there's one more thing - taxes!

Because we live in Europe, anything we order online from a country which belongs to the European Community, doesn't have any extra tax along with it, but the prices are higher than in the US. For instance, you can get a PRS Custom 24 for 2500 dollars in the USA while in Europe, it will cost 2500 Euros, which is much more expensive than 2500 dollars.

Thing is that if you order from the US - you have to pay the VAT once it arrives here in Europe - and that gets you to almost as close as the European price - Conclusion? You didn't make any deal at all - you most probably had to pay transport over the ocean as well and chances are that the price is even higher smile.gif

Not quite Cosmin.

In Europe the convention is to include VAT/IVA/Sales Tax as part of the price or to clearly state that it isn't included. In the USA Sales tax is rarely included in the quoted price but is added at point of sale. Only VAT/IVA registered companies can charge this tax - the tax is paid to the national Tax agency, the company doesn't keep the money. Any company charging VAT/IVA that is not registered and/or who do not return the tax to the tax office is committing tax fraud. To charge VAT/IVA/Sales tax you must be registered for VAT as a company: in the UK a company must turn over @£80k to be VAT registered.

I'm IVA registered as an independent company, both nationally and with the EU. As such I have an IVA number and I have to charge IVA for any work/service that I do and provide a traceable/auditable invoice. As of Sept 1st 2012 IVA here is 21% - so when I bill a client 21% goes to the IVA tax and the rest is my income (which is also taxable but under different taxes, including income tax and social security). I have to charge IVA to any European client unless they can demonstrate that they are IVA/VAT registered. Some non-European clients may be IVA/VAT exempted. I provide the IVA tax with accounts 4 times a year, plus a final yearly account. If I don't, or if its late or wrong, I can be fined and/or put in prison. If I buy something for the business I may be able to claim the IVA/VAT back.

Gifts - if the item is not a gift but is identified as such to avoid import taxes and VAT/IVA etc then both the sender and reciever are committing tax fraud. No legitiimate company will agree to mark an item as a 'gift' if it is not one. A Tax office can ask an individual to demonstrate that an item really is a 'gift' and if they can not clearly do so the Tax office may decide to prosecute. I know someone that this happened to by the way.

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 12:41 AM