GMC:er

Band: Evildead
Album: Annihilation Of Civilization
Genre: Thrash Metal
Review: 88%
Origin: Los Angeles Ca USA
Year Of Release: 1989

Review:

Evildead surprised me the moment I played 'em in my stereo. They seem to have the energy of thrash but something different is lurking in the music. The fast riffs are here. Heart pounding drums that complements the speed of the guitar nicely is here. But whats this? Iron Maiden like duel guitar playing? Rusty Cooley style shredding? In a thrash album? No way. Well yes indeed. Guitars here are very different from other thrash. It has those duel guitar that makes the riffs and solo stand out. The shredding and use of sweeps are also here. but the thing I love about the whole album is how they use all this in a very different way. Shredding is here but it doesn't last for half a song. I love that... shredding but not overdoing it. Some bands can learn a thing or two about Gonzales and Garcia.

Vocals are great for my taste; fast and relentless. It has those yelled out choruses reminiscent in hardcore punk. Lyrics are somewhat humerus' at times. Very funny actually.

All-in-all its a fun album. Nothing fancy. Nothing ground breaking but this is what thrash was made for anyway. Pick it up if you have a chance.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 3)
botoxfox
Nov 25 2007, 03:57 PM
Cool cover...

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Nov 25 2007, 05:48 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Oh my god, Evil Dead, i cant believe you brought this up laugh.gif

This is some cool stuff, i remember hearing about them when i first got into Testament, Megadeth, Slayer, and Exodus, cool stuff wink.gif

+Quote Post
VinceG
Nov 26 2007, 11:23 AM
Cool stuff indeed. Ive been listening to it all day. Very short album though, I believe only a little over 35 min but still a great album. Goes by pretty fast.

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 06:50 AM