7 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Gmc Holiday Collab!, Let's have some fun making music!
MisterM
post Jan 6 2019, 08:49 AM
Post #81

Accomplished Tone Master

Group: Members
Member No.: 20.608

Very nice Todd

Clean tone is very good.
The compressor and palm muting sound great

I can't wait to see the Gab's video editing wub.gif

This post has been edited by MisterM: Jan 6 2019, 08:50 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Jan 6 2019, 09:57 AM
Post #82

GMC:er
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 8.794

Thanks smile.gif It's about as far away from my usual shreddy bits as I could get. I wanted to try to push it to the other extreme. To see how little gain/dist I could use, ended up being none, and then still use palm muting. So you are spot on about the compressor smile.gif It's basically a clean amp patch with chorus/compressor/delay on coil split neck pickup. Tone turned out spiff! Not a tone I use very often. Nor a style I play in very often. But it's good to push one's own boundaries smile.gif

It's an OVERLOUD TH3 patch using the LYNCH amp on the clean channel. Probably the most basic patch I've ever used.

Attached Image

QUOTE (MisterM @ Jan 6 2019, 03:49 AM) *
Very nice Todd

Clean tone is very good.
The compressor and palm muting sound great

I can't wait to see the Gab's video editing wub.gif

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jan 6 2019, 09:59 AM

+Quote Post
MisterM
post Jan 6 2019, 11:19 AM
Post #83

Accomplished Tone Master

Ok can you share it ?

+Quote Post
Caelumamittendum
post Jan 7 2019, 07:44 AM
Post #84

Learning Rock Star

Member No.: 5.298

Do you need a video without the lyrics on screen btw, Gabriel?

--------------------
For some prog metal made by yours truly, check out:

https://soundcloud.com/benjamin-storm-linnebjerg/storm-linnebjerg-a-celestial-voyage-full-demo

And subscribe to my Youtube Channel and Instagram here! and here!
...and my Twitch:HERE!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post Jan 7 2019, 02:50 PM
Post #85

Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 1.289

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Jan 7 2019, 03:44 AM) *
Do you need a video without the lyrics on screen btw, Gabriel?

That's a good idea! I'm just starting with the video so I hadn't noticed it yet!

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jan 5 2019, 09:43 PM) *
Here is mine smile.gif Thanks for waiting sorry for the lag!!

Video Preview

Solo with Backing
[attachment=48184:Toddwith...gpreview.mp3]

Solo Without Backing
[attachment=48185:Todd_wit...ing_solo.mp3]

Videohttps://www.dropbox.com/s/t0p80fpw4yow7ov/T...4gabe.mpeg?dl=0

It sounds amazing Todd! This is totally unexpected since I've saved a powerful section waiting for some shredding! laugh.gif

I love what you play here and your video. I'm not re-organizing the mix. Thanks a lot mate!! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Caelumamittendum
post Jan 7 2019, 05:20 PM
Post #86

Learning Rock Star

Here you go smile.gif

--------------------

https://soundcloud.com/benjamin-storm-linnebjerg/storm-linnebjerg-a-celestial-voyage-full-demo

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Jan 7 2019, 08:36 PM
Post #87

Group Icon

Egad!! Sorry about that. I should have figured that there was a shreddy spot saved for me smile.gif I started out doing my usual thing but as I listened to the track, my solo just seemed to draw too much attention to itself and away from the track which is a very spiff track. So I thought I"d try something that worked with the track instead of against it. I hope it still works?

Todd

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jan 7 2019, 09:50 AM) *
That's a good idea! I'm just starting with the video so I hadn't noticed it yet!

It sounds amazing Todd! This is totally unexpected since I've saved a powerful section waiting for some shredding! laugh.gif

I love what you play here and your video. I'm not re-organizing the mix. Thanks a lot mate!! smile.gif

SURE!! smile.gif It's a very simple patch, just four bits. Probably the smallest TH3 patch I've ever made. I'm using the GEORGE LYNCH amp on this which is not what one usually thinks of for clean bits, normally I'd use the AC30 type vibe but I wanted it a pinch more aggressive. With the compressor, it helps the note choice cut through even when playing very softly. Add a pinch of delay an bam!! XMAS TONE!!!!

OVERLOUD TH3 (not TH2) patch

Attached File  Xmas_Clean.ovb.zip ( 761bytes ) Number of downloads: 7

Attached Image

QUOTE (MisterM @ Jan 6 2019, 06:19 AM) *
Ok can you share it ?

Great vocals and great sweater!!

Todd

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Jan 7 2019, 12:20 PM) *
Here you go smile.gif

+Quote Post
MisterM
post Jan 8 2019, 05:53 AM
Post #88

Accomplished Tone Master

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jan 7 2019, 08:36 PM) *
SURE!! smile.gif It's a very simple patch, just four bits. Probably the smallest TH3 patch I've ever made. I'm using the GEORGE LYNCH amp on this which is not what one usually thinks of for clean bits, normally I'd use the AC30 type vibe but I wanted it a pinch more aggressive. With the compressor, it helps the note choice cut through even when playing very softly. Add a pinch of delay an bam!! XMAS TONE!!!!

OVERLOUD TH3 (not TH2) patch

Attached File  Xmas_Clean.ovb.zip ( 761bytes ) Number of downloads: 7

Todd

Thank you Todd, I use sometimes TH3 smile.gif

This post has been edited by MisterM: Jan 8 2019, 05:55 AM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Jan 8 2019, 06:12 AM
Post #89

Group Icon

I LOVE TH3!!! Still use TH2 as well. I've tried every plugin I can get my hands on and overloud still has the best one imho. Dual signal paths, as many fx as you want, in any order you want, etc. It's impossible to go back to plugins that are restrictive after being spoiled by overloud smile.gif it's hard for me to go back to my hardware processor!!! There is no hardware processor on earth that allows the kind of tonal flexibility that overloud lets you have. Even the brand new AXE FX which is amazing, still has limitations that overloud just doesn't have. The new line 6 boards, killer they may be, have the same issue. Not to mention, it' runs in real time (no perceptible audio lag) and let's you re amp on the fly, also in real time, at any point in the process. I keep trying gear/plugins, keep going back to the greats.
Todd
QUOTE (MisterM @ Jan 8 2019, 12:53 AM) *
Thank you Todd, I use sometimes TH3 smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post Jan 8 2019, 12:08 PM
Post #90

Instructor
Group Icon

Hey guys! This is the final video!! Congrats and thanks everybody for being part of this one. There are lots of beautiful melodies and solos here and Cael did an amazing job with vocals and lyrics.

I've been singing this song all day long!! I hope that you like it. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
post Jan 8 2019, 02:21 PM
Post #91

GMC Founder & Rocker
Group Icon

Member No.: 2

Yeah!! Felt so good to revisit our trusty jam collab concept over the holidays. Lovely vocals by Cael and lots of cool guitar work all over the track cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Adam
post Jan 8 2019, 02:41 PM
Post #92

Learning Roadie

Member No.: 23.329

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jan 8 2019, 12:08 PM) *
Hey guys! This is the final video!! Congrats and thanks everybody for being part of this one. There are lots of beautiful melodies and solos here and Cael did an amazing job with vocals and lyrics.

I've been singing this song all day long!! I hope that you like it. smile.gif

This is amazing! Everyone did great job but Gabriel did an even greater job putting it all together! smile.gif I imagine it took a lot of time and effort. Thank You, Gab, for doing this! Thank you, everyone for contributing! smile.gif

I'll let you know later how my mom likes it. Maybe she'll even be less mad about my new cab laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
MisterM
post Jan 8 2019, 03:51 PM
Post #93

Accomplished Tone Master

Great wub.gif

+Quote Post
bleez
post Jan 8 2019, 07:25 PM
Post #94

Experienced Tone Seeker

Member No.: 14.292

sounds great smile.gif
thanks, Gab.

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Caelumamittendum
post Jan 8 2019, 08:07 PM
Post #95

Learning Rock Star

You all did a great job! What a hit!

--------------------

+Quote Post
DeGroot
post Jan 8 2019, 08:29 PM
Post #96

Experienced Guitar Hero

Member No.: 14.899

Very nice! Thanks for putting the song together. Really turned out good!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
post Jan 8 2019, 09:04 PM
Post #97

Learning Apprentice Player

Member No.: 19.975

Brilliant Gab, thank you for turning in another superb video and thanks to everyone for making it so good. For once I'm proud of my parts that were used in this, it's the first outing for my SRV Strat and it won't be the last.

What was particularly nice about this one is that we all seem to have a similar idea in our head, man! even Todd managed to de-shred himself biggrin.gif and Kris is learning the art of restraint wink.gif

Nice one everyone, I love doing these, especially the more melodic ones like this one.

GMC is where it's at smile.gif

--------------------
MY CURRENT REVISION FOLDER

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

“Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in installments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.”
Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post Jan 8 2019, 10:27 PM
Post #98

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jan 8 2019, 10:21 AM) *
Yeah!! Felt so good to revisit our trusty jam collab concept over the holidays. Lovely vocals by Cael and lots of cool guitar work all over the track cool.gif

Your solo was a song on its own. Killer jam there! I liked your use of Whammy bar to create phrases and all those fast passages everywhere. It's been tricky to choose only one part, but we all have the link to see the whole thing here:
https://www.facebook.com/kristofer.dahl/vid...57682246127069/

QUOTE (Adam M @ Jan 8 2019, 10:41 AM) *
This is amazing! Everyone did great job but Gabriel did an even greater job putting it all together! smile.gif I imagine it took a lot of time and effort. Thank You, Gab, for doing this! Thank you, everyone for contributing! smile.gif

I'll let you know later how my mom likes it. Maybe she'll even be less mad about my new cab laugh.gif

Yeah! It's been tricky to find the right place for everything. There was a lot of great stuff. I had to edit a bit lyrics and some of the longer solos but I've tried to give this a more "guitar colllab" style with longer solos and participation.

All your feedback about this one is welcome for future works!

QUOTE (MisterM @ Jan 8 2019, 11:51 AM) *
Great wub.gif

Thanks MisterM! Your take is very tasty and melodic. It's interesting to see how it worked great with Adam Arpeggios to then explore into the second part. Good phrases,, good feeling and great solo structure, congratulations!

QUOTE (bleez @ Jan 8 2019, 03:25 PM) *
sounds great smile.gif
thanks, Gab.

It's always a pleasure to see you joining GMC collabs. You have a very personal style, so every time you join, you add your spirit. I like your Stratocaster tone, which is very sweet and tasty. Thanks a lot!

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Jan 8 2019, 04:07 PM) *
You all did a great job! What a hit!

Thanks again for your amazing job here Cael. Those lyrics are so deep, and the vocal melodies very catchy. I honestly have been all day singing the tune.... laugh.gif

Nice vocal colour, and interpretation, there is only some room to adjust tuning (I've used Autotune). Thanks mate!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post Jan 8 2019, 11:25 PM
Post #99

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (DeGroot @ Jan 8 2019, 04:29 PM) *
Very nice! Thanks for putting the song together. Really turned out good!

Your part on this song is epic. I love the energy of that first bend, it's very expressive and this feeling keeps all along the solo. It's one of the most emotive parts of the song, and it's a good intro for Kris killer solo. Thanks for your amazing work!

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jan 8 2019, 05:04 PM) *
Brilliant Gab, thank you for turning in another superb video and thanks to everyone for making it so good. For once I'm proud of my parts that were used in this, it's the first outing for my SRV Strat and it won't be the last.

What was particularly nice about this one is that we all seem to have a similar idea in our head, man! even Todd managed to de-shred himself biggrin.gif and Kris is learning the art of restraint wink.gif

Nice one everyone, I love doing these, especially the more melodic ones like this one.

GMC is where it's at smile.gif

Thanks for your beautiful feedback Phil. I've really enjoyed working on this collab. I started with the basic chords, drum loop, bass, then synth arrangements, but the most amazing part was to find the right place for each of your submits, and edit the different backing track sections to give it a nice evolution.

Your solo is a very nice intro, very melodic, and with a perfect tone. Congrats on being part of the first collab with that amazing guitar! It seems that it brings lots of inspiration.

Keep on the nice work!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Jan 9 2019, 03:00 AM
Post #100

Group Icon

WOW!!! Best Xmas Jam Ever IMHO!! This had to be a monster of a tune to put together. Honestly, you create miracles with these. Getting everyone's solo to match, to sound like it is all part of the same song, to transition smoothly, to work as a cogent piece of music instead of just a string out of everyone's solo, it's just amazing. It takes enormous talent to put something like this together. Having the ear to slot everything in just perfectly and have it all work is something that is beyond difficult. Well done.
Super well done to everyone on their solos as well!! It all works. It sounds intentional. It works as a piece of music instead of just being a series of solos. SUPER CONGRATS EVERYONE!! Especially BEN for the Killer Vocal track!!!

Might be my first collab ever where I'm on a clean channel and not shredding. One for the books!Todd
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jan 8 2019, 06:25 PM) *
Your part on this song is epic. I love the energy of that first bend, it's very expressive and this feeling keeps all along the solo. It's one of the most emotive parts of the song, and it's a good intro for Kris killer solo. Thanks for your amazing work!

Thanks for your beautiful feedback Phil. I've really enjoyed working on this collab. I started with the basic chords, drum loop, bass, then synth arrangements, but the most amazing part was to find the right place for each of your submits, and edit the different backing track sections to give it a nice evolution.

Your solo is a very nice intro, very melodic, and with a perfect tone. Congrats on being part of the first collab with that amazing guitar! It seems that it brings lots of inspiration.

Keep on the nice work!

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 >
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd September 2019 - 07:17 AM