Ursession, Aspiring Bands and Artists Read this!
AIB234
Jul 20 2007, 11:59 PM
GMC:er
http://www.ursession.com/

Link should be live in a few weeks via the article below.

System Of A Down bassist Shavo Odadjian has teamed with a childhood friend and Power 106's Sway And Tech to form a new online music community, urSession. The System bassist teamed with the urban DJs to seek out new talent through the site.

The site is scheduled for a tentative launch next week, and it will be a place where musicians can find potential bandmates and also earn revenue in the process via advertising. Odadjian explains the concept.

Video clip :

System Shavo On urSession Need

"We thought... We said, 'How do we get this... How do we find artists? There's great artists out there, amazing artists. Not everybody has the money to make a demo. And not everyone... no one knows anyone to get signed. You really have to know somebody nowadays. The record industry is dying. There are no labels. They're just skeletons that used to be labels. So we thought of the internet, and then we thought, 'How could we have people audition?,' and then I thought of a webcam, uploads, either digital audio or digital video. So that makes demos obsolete. So artists don't even have to have money these days to get into our platform. This is our platform, brand new. And then I thought, 'How do we get Democratic on them without having a suit deciding or having a Paula Abdul deciding who is going to be big. So that's where the whole urSession idea came from, having a community, an online art district."

For Shavo this is his first venture into the business world and he talked about forming System and helping form urSession.

Shavo Compares Deveolping System To urSession

"Yeah it's a totally different mindset. With System I was a kid. I was going to school, working, studying psychology man. But I always loved to play music. It didn't matter if I was working or whatever. I always played music, and it just kind of... the idea of doing original stuff with friends turned into us having some songs, turned into me starting to manage and getting us gigs, turned into everyone being interested in us, turned into four years of wanting to be signed, turned into Rick Rubin coming around, which was a dream. Come on. Think about it. I grew up on Public Enemy, Beastie Boys, Slayer, and all of the sudden that dude comes to us. Big deal, right!? [We] Get signed, releasing records, being on all these tours, my idols respecting me, to coming up with an idea a few years ago about, 'How do we find artists out there?'"

Meanwhile, during System Of A Down's hiatus, Shavo has been playing with Daron Malakian's band and has formed a project with RZA from Wu-Tang Clan titled Achosen. Odadjian also contributes some bass work on the new Wu-Tang Clan album, Diagrams.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/video_..._ursession.html

Thought you guys would love to read this one!

I think it's an amazing idea if it ends up being as good as it sounds.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Jul 21 2007, 04:25 AM
GMC:er
I'm bookmarken this 1... even tho im already signed ohmy.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jul 21 2007, 11:22 AM
Instructor
Thanks for the link and reading!

Let's wait and see how is this gonna work!

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 06:06 PM