> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Gitarrero - Tom Morello Style, lesson by Marcus Siepen
Gitarrero - Tom Morello Style
Gitarrero - Tom Morello Style
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 4 ] ** [66.67%]
8 [ 2 ] ** [33.33%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 6

Gitarrero
May 30 2010, 06:27 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Hi guys,
this is my try at Marcus' Tom Morello lesson. I recorded it with a V-Amp 3. Actually, I did two takes, one for the rhythm part and one for the solo part in order to kick in the effects. I don't have a possibility to activate them with a stomp box, so I recorded the solo two minutes later...hope that is okay, couldn't find anything in the guidelines.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by skennington: Jun 3 2010, 04:30 PM

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 7)
Bogdan Radovic
May 30 2010, 11:59 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Very good take! Pay attention to getting those rhythm parts really tight with the drums (listen to the backing more closely). Also there are some noises, try to mute strings you're not playing etc, you could try lowering gain a bit it will help get it cleaner. Good job overall! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
May 31 2010, 04:52 PM
Instructor
hey Chris, nice take!
I gave you a 7 on this one.
as Bogdan said, you need to get a tighter sound and more timing here and there, but, since I started to put an eye on your playing, you have improved a lot on these things. and also, I see you have learned a very long lesson, and a one not that easy! so, I'd give a higher grade, but the solo part is not that good. I think that part need more work on intonation, bends, and vibrato. things you already showed to have some good skills.
so, I think you worked well on that rhythmic part but you put less effort on the solo part.
anyway, this is all about, to find things to improve and keep practising!

well done bro!
cya!

This post has been edited by Lian Gerbino: May 31 2010, 06:13 PM

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
May 31 2010, 05:48 PM
Instructor
pretty cool man!
you have to relax a lil bit here, the tempo is kind off slow, make it heavy, make it dirty!

a lil less dist for the next too.

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
May 31 2010, 09:07 PM
Instructor
Timing needs to be improved on this one, it lags, like Adrian said. Keeping it tight with the drums will help. Muting technique needs improving too. But it's a great take, with very solid playing, well done!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Lale Nikic
Jun 1 2010, 01:14 AM
Instructor
too loose for a morrelo lesson...you should try attacking the strings a bit harder and muting the strings more with both hands while palm muting...7

--------------------
www.myspace.com/magmametalband

+Quote Post
Santiago Diaz Ga...
Jun 2 2010, 01:02 AM
GMC:er
Maybe, you should try to play it a little slower and understand where goes every little note you're playing. You have to be a wall between the backing and yourself. Playing it slower will allow you too to pay more atenttion to your palm muting, that is not bad, but it could totally be better. But don't worry, you're in the right way wink.gif

+Quote Post
skennington
Jun 3 2010, 04:30 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Real close on this one man, 7.3

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2024 - 12:16 AM