Cheap & Awesome Headphones?
Qenzoz
Aug 8 2011, 04:41 PM
GMC:er
Hello, can anyone recommend some great but cheap headphones?smile.gif

Thanks in advance! smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitar
Suhr S4 Pro Series Bengal Burst
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Davidian
Aug 8 2011, 04:55 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Sennheiser HD 202. I paid 30€ for it. Sennheiser HD 205 is the one that my brother has. It's slightly more expensive and bigger, but it's also great quality! You can't do something wrong by buying Sennheiser smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Music is supposed to break down walls, smash through barriers; and free your mind!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 8 2011, 04:58 PM
Instructor
I also have Sennheiser HD but I don't remember now the model.. those series are really good so I would go for it.. or an AKG. Then you have Sony but they are more expensive.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Qenzoz
Aug 8 2011, 05:01 PM
Okay thanks guys, I've seen alot of people use Sennheiser, so I'll just buy those biggrin.gif, cheers! Need them asap, hah tongue.gif

Just ordered Sennheiser HD 201, cost like 20 EUR, sadly 30 EUR because of the shipment -.-, oh what the hell biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Qenzoz: Aug 8 2011, 05:17 PM

--------------------
Guitar
Suhr S4 Pro Series Bengal Burst

+Quote Post
Brandon Earman
Aug 10 2011, 01:43 AM
Learning Roadie

Sony MDR-V6

AWESOME sound.. comfortable.... I paid around $35-$40 U.S.
1/8"... came with screw-on converter to 1/4"

Thank you for whoever recommended these headphones on GMC smile.gif

--------------------
"That's alright I still got my guitar, look out now!" -Hendrix

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Aug 10 2011, 05:01 AM
Instructor
you cant go wrong with sony. amazing headphones.

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Aug 10 2011, 08:33 AM
Instructor
AKG if you want good headphones. What is your budget btw?

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 10 2011, 11:22 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Davidian @ Aug 8 2011, 03:55 PM) *
Sennheiser HD 202. I paid 30€ for it. Sennheiser HD 205 is the one that my brother has. It's slightly more expensive and bigger, but it's also great quality! You can't do something wrong by buying Sennheiser smile.gif

+1 biggrin.gif those guys make good stuff!

+Quote Post
besip
Aug 15 2011, 12:24 AM
the Sennheiser HD 201 looks good for the price...i will need buy some because i don't know why but i learn and play way better at night as at day rolleyes.gif ..but neigbouhr want to sleep biggrin.gif

beginer question....it's possible conect this headphones somehow to 2 device's as laptop and Amp? so i be can hear backing ffrom laptop and Guitar from amp?

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt

+Quote Post
Mudbone
Aug 15 2011, 12:39 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
I have a pair of Yamaha headphones that I think are very good for the price. I think I got them for around $35. I do have two complaints about them. They seem a little flimsy and that god damn coiled cable is irritating. But they have lasted many years so I guess they're not as flimsy as they seem.

--------------------

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

Guitars: Uncle Rufus' Twanger Classic
Amps: Mississippi Boom Box
Mojo: Hammer of Odin and a pair of Ox gonads
Inspiration: Samuel Adams Boston Lager

Zero to Hero: 1,387/10,000

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
Aug 15 2011, 12:45 AM
QUOTE (besip @ Aug 14 2011, 07:24 PM) *
the Sennheiser HD 201 looks good for the price...i will need buy some because i don't know why but i learn and play way better at night as at day rolleyes.gif ..but neigbouhr want to sleep biggrin.gif

beginer question....it's possible conect this headphones somehow to 2 device's as laptop and Amp? so i be can hear backing ffrom laptop and Guitar from amp?

Does your amp have an input of any kind into it if so maybe get the laptop into the amp and wah la! smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez S770PB (Natural Flat) , Ibanez XPT700 (Chameleon) , Sterling J Richardson Signature , Squire IV Jazz Bass (Sunburst)
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
besip
Aug 15 2011, 01:21 AM
QUOTE (SpaseMoonkey @ Aug 15 2011, 12:45 AM) *
Does your amp have an input of any kind into it if so maybe get the laptop into the amp and wah la! smile.gif

i have Vox Ad30vt there is input for Guitar and on Rear panel is Line/phone and Food SW input

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Aug 15 2011, 10:08 PM
Instructor
Try connecting laptop line out to line in on the amp, and them connect the headphones to the amp. This will solve the problem.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
besip
Aug 16 2011, 02:40 AM
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Aug 15 2011, 10:08 PM) *
Try connecting laptop line out to line in on the amp, and them connect the headphones to the amp. This will solve the problem.

i'm afraid is not gonna work
the Line/Phone is just 1 jack and i'ts can be use or for headphones or conect amp to the mixer or recording device...i be have to probably must use some kind of recording device conect the amp to the recording device and plug headphones to the laptop??? am i right?? smile.gif

there is probably not something like cable spliter right? rolleyes.gif what i be alow me conect headpones to 2 devices{laptop and amp}

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
Aug 16 2011, 04:07 AM
QUOTE (besip @ Aug 15 2011, 09:40 PM) *
i'm afraid is not gonna work
the Line/Phone is just 1 jack and i'ts can be use or for headphones or conect amp to the mixer or recording device...i be have to probably must use some kind of recording device conect the amp to the recording device and plug headphones to the laptop??? am i right?? smile.gif

there is probably not something like cable spliter right? rolleyes.gif what i be alow me conect headpones to 2 devices{laptop and amp}

There are tons of spliters but you need to frankenstein most of it. For instance your laptop should be a 3.5mm output jack, the amp output is a 1/4th jack. But you also need a 3 way female y adapter that would handle all the jacks right.

I can't find a 3 way female 3.5mm jack. Which you'd just run a 1/4th to 3.5mm from the amp. Then a 3.5mm to 3.5mm from the laptop that at least pairs that up. but now you'd need the headphones.

I'm kinda stumped. This is going to be off in left field not sure how it would sound... But.. You could run the Amp Line/Headphones > Laptop Input. Then Laptop Output > Headphones. This would put the amp into the laptop which you could use to record, as well if you wanted to use something like guitar rig. That would have you hear the guitar via headphones and also your music.

This post has been edited by SpaseMoonkey: Aug 16 2011, 04:08 AM

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez S770PB (Natural Flat) , Ibanez XPT700 (Chameleon) , Sterling J Richardson Signature , Squire IV Jazz Bass (Sunburst)
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
besip
Aug 17 2011, 08:48 PM
QUOTE (SpaseMoonkey @ Aug 16 2011, 04:07 AM) *
There are tons of spliters but you need to frankenstein most of it. For instance your laptop should be a 3.5mm output jack, the amp output is a 1/4th jack. But you also need a 3 way female y adapter that would handle all the jacks right.

I can't find a 3 way female 3.5mm jack. Which you'd just run a 1/4th to 3.5mm from the amp. Then a 3.5mm to 3.5mm from the laptop that at least pairs that up. but now you'd need the headphones.

I'm kinda stumped. This is going to be off in left field not sure how it would sound... But.. You could run the Amp Line/Headphones > Laptop Input. Then Laptop Output > Headphones. This would put the amp into the laptop which you could use to record, as well if you wanted to use something like guitar rig. That would have you hear the guitar via headphones and also your music.

Guitar rig is kind of expensive..and if i be have guitar rig i be probably don't need use the amp when i be play at night and listen the sound on headphones..i will be buy later something like line 6 ux1 or some Line 6 pod model...but now i was just try to look the cheap way how to play with headphones and listen also backing or metronome from laptop
somebody was recomendet me this

http://www.amazon.co.uk/External-Sound-Car...9563&sr=1-1

it's gonna work???

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt

+Quote Post
besip
Aug 18 2011, 10:26 PM
any one? know rolleyes.gif

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 19 2011, 02:22 AM
QUOTE (besip @ Aug 18 2011, 05:26 PM) *
any one? know rolleyes.gif

I"m not sure on the question? You can get a free version of AMPLITUDE called AMPLITUDE FREE and plugin your guitar straight in to your to your computer using a quarter inch to eigth in jack converter then plugin your headphones. You can skip the audio interface just for practicing and such. smile.gif

Todd

+Quote Post
besip
Aug 19 2011, 03:01 AM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Aug 19 2011, 02:22 AM) *
I"m not sure on the question? You can get a free version of AMPLITUDE called AMPLITUDE FREE and plugin your guitar straight in to your to your computer using a quarter inch to eigth in jack converter then plugin your headphones. You can skip the audio interface just for practicing and such. smile.gif

Todd

thanks for advice...but when i put AMPLITUDE FREE on search engine then i was find lot of links for different stuff with name AMPLITUDE FREE so i'm kind of lost mellow.gif

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt

+Quote Post
Sinister
Aug 19 2011, 06:24 AM
QUOTE (besip @ Aug 19 2011, 02:01 AM) *
thanks for advice...but when i put AMPLITUDE FREE on search engine then i was find lot of links for different stuff with name AMPLITUDE FREE so i'm kind of lost mellow.gif

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/amplitubefree/features/

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 09:52 PM