Ordered An Rg4, What About Edge Iii?
Gwazi
Dec 28 2008, 08:05 AM
GMC:er
So I ordered an Ibanez RG4 because it just looked so good, and i've heard some pretty good things about it. It happened to be a perfect priced guitar for me, so i got it. I've heard many many good things about Ibanez as well, and have been told an RG would be the best choice for me at the moment. I was confident until i heard about the tremolo... mad.gif

But i mean, i see so much being said about the Edge III, i've heard that it's real good, and i've heard that it's REAL bad, and I want to know if I made the right choice in getting it. I know that i'll want to change to an OFR eventually, but i want to know the truth about the Edge III so i know what to expect. Should i just go ahead and order an OFR?

I hope that it will be manageable either way, I mean, I don't want to be another one of those people who spend hours tuning/restringing their guitars and crying about the Edge III... ( atleast this is what i've been told, I doubt that it's THAT bad ) huh.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Signature
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Marc_Maiden
Dec 28 2008, 08:20 AM
edge 3 is a great trem,

ive been using it for 3 years, and never had a problem with it

as long as you know how to set up a trem, you will be fine

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Marc
Current Set up:
Atomic Reactor 2x12 Cab/power amp with a Digitech rp1000 as a preamp
Schecter c1 plus electric guitar

+Quote Post
ChrisVdS
Dec 28 2008, 11:03 AM
So far i had 2 RG's equipped with the edge 3 tremelo and it has never let me down, as far as i can tell you it does what it is meant to do very good.

--------------------
Gear:

Fender "California series" stratocaster
Roland Cube 20X
Peavey Envoy 110

+Quote Post
botoxfox
Dec 28 2008, 01:10 PM
If the Edge 3 lets you down you can always replace it with an Edge Pro or an OFR.

This post has been edited by botoxfox: Dec 28 2008, 01:10 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
kjutte
Dec 28 2008, 02:18 PM
QUOTE (Gwazi @ Dec 28 2008, 08:05 AM) *
So I ordered an Ibanez RG4 because it just looked so good, and i've heard some pretty good things about it. It happened to be a perfect priced guitar for me, so i got it. I've heard many many good things about Ibanez as well, and have been told an RG would be the best choice for me at the moment. I was confident until i heard about the tremolo... mad.gif

But i mean, i see so much being said about the Edge III, i've heard that it's real good, and i've heard that it's REAL bad, and I want to know if I made the right choice in getting it. I know that i'll want to change to an OFR eventually, but i want to know the truth about the Edge III so i know what to expect. Should i just go ahead and order an OFR?

I hope that it will be manageable either way, I mean, I don't want to be another one of those people who spend hours tuning/restringing their guitars and crying about the Edge III... ( atleast this is what i've been told, I doubt that it's THAT bad ) huh.gif

Ok, important note to everyone using edge tremolos:
Never raise the action of the bridge without reliefing spring and string tension, this will dullen the edge.
Always put some lube on the edges and the screws also, for maintenance.

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 28 2008, 05:26 PM
Instructor
I think Edge III is good tremolo for starters. You can switch to Edge Pro later, but IMO you can buy the guitar and then see how it fits you. Tremolo replacing is relatively easy, so you can always switch after you see how Edge III will behave.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:16 PM