2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Guitarrero Mtp Thread, Final Phase
Lian Gerbino
Jun 15 2010, 09:49 PM
Instructor
well man, finally we are here...
I really want to say thank you for the kind words you left on the previous thread, it means a lot for me smile.gif
now, I can't get sentimental at least until this phase will be done wink.gif
so... here is the next assignment:

Assignment 1
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/how_to_riff_series_part_3/
Final Take for REC Program
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/neoclassical_solo_for_beginners/

we are gonna concentrate on songs once again (or in lessons more focused on songs) but we will be looking to test the learned techniques.
so, in this lesson we have some of the techniques we already saw last month and a fast picking part at the end (not that fast, but close to the Kamelot one, I marked a similar problem when you worked on that lesson)
so, also, I will be choosing the final take for you by these days.

have fun!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Lian Gerbino: Jun 30 2010, 04:50 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Lian_Gerbino___how_to_riff_3_BT.mp3 ( 1.23MB ) Number of downloads: 2

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jun 15 2010, 10:09 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Hi Lian,
looks like a really cool lesson! I'll have fun with this one and will start learning it tomorrow. I'll also try to submit a take of me playing the patterns at full speed during this final phase, I'm almost there thanks to your last advice.
I'm still having problems with the fast rhythm part of the Kamelot lesson, but we'll see what I can do with this new assignment.
btw, my new SI lesson is not up yet, I think Chris is quite busy at the moemt. I'll let you know when it's up and I'll work on the solo of the Scorpions SI, so I can upload it this weekend.
Gotta admit, watching football is really time consuming right now... laugh.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Jun 15 2010, 11:11 PM
Instructor
yes, tell me! I'm happy for Argentina, and so sad for Italy... (my familly came from there)
da*** world cup!!! XD
but don't miss the topic here, to keep this mtp as the proffesionals we are... LOL
(I won't mention your tie on the Green Day lesson) oh, I did it!

have fun practising man!

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jun 16 2010, 09:19 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
QUOTE (Lian Gerbino @ Jun 16 2010, 12:11 AM) *
but don't miss the topic here, to keep this mtp as the proffesionals we are... LOL
(I won't mention your tie on the Green Day lesson) oh, I did it!

laugh.gif I just got an idea...you'll see... laugh.gif
btw, can you upload the backing track for the riffing lesson? I gave it a shot today and I think I'll be able to record a decent take in friday (after the game of the german team wink.gif )

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Jun 17 2010, 03:12 PM
Instructor
cool man! XD can't wait to see what your crazy head will bring us!
I'm looking for that bt, I'll upload it asap.

auf wiedersehen!

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Jun 17 2010, 03:59 PM
Instructor
Bt added!

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jun 18 2010, 04:51 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Hi Lian!
Though I'm kinda upset (rather than sad) that the german team lost today I behaved like a real professional and recorded the take as promised. Speaking of professionals, instead of just wearing a tie I wear a whole suit! Oh, remember: Never brown after six! Meaning after 6 pm you should wear a grey or black suit...see, now you've learned something from me laugh.gif
Here we go:

This post has been edited by Gitarrero: Jun 18 2010, 04:51 PM

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jun 28 2010, 09:22 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Hey Lian!
Just wanted to report back from my short vacation in France. What do you think about my last take, can we pass on to the next assignment?
Maybe we should try to finish the MTP before saturday...there's a big chance the refereree will mess up the game and we are not going to talk to each other anymore afterwards laugh.gif Just kidding, it's gonna be a close game and I'm looking forward to it. Maybe I'll need that "dulche de leche" afterwards to make an argentinian dessert... tongue.gif
Cheers
Christian

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Jun 30 2010, 04:49 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Jun 18 2010, 12:51 PM) *
Hi Lian!
Though I'm kinda upset (rather than sad) that the german team lost today I behaved like a real professional and recorded the take as promised. Speaking of professionals, instead of just wearing a tie I wear a whole suit! Oh, remember: Never brown after six! Meaning after 6 pm you should wear a grey or black suit...see, now you've learned something from me laugh.gif
Here we go:

hahaha, great Suit!!! I've watched the lesson before a couple of times and today a few more... and still it make me laugh! you are a great guy! your energy and happy attitude is really cool, I'm a bit like you wink.gif
well, no more compliments.

about the lesson, it was pretty good, one of the tricky things of this lesson is timing, and you managed it very well.
on the other hand, great problems on keep the guitar in tune. specially on G5 and Bb5.
if you have time, rec another take, just the audio, to fix this problem.
have you noticed it? it's important to realize what we are doing wrong.

so, I will post your next assignment after answer your last post smile.gif

QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Jun 28 2010, 05:22 PM) *
Hey Lian!
Just wanted to report back from my short vacation in France. What do you think about my last take, can we pass on to the next assignment?
Maybe we should try to finish the MTP before saturday...there's a big chance the refereree will mess up the game and we are not going to talk to each other anymore afterwards laugh.gif Just kidding, it's gonna be a close game and I'm looking forward to it. Maybe I'll need that "dulche de leche" afterwards to make an argentinian dessert... tongue.gif
Cheers
Christian

hahaha, yes, we should try to finish our MTP before sat!!! LOL! noooo, we are professional, don't u remember? XD
I will send you the Dulce de Leche whatever happen on next Sat. wink.gif

this gonna be your next assignment.

Assignment 2
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/rhythm-guitar/megadeth-riffing-lesson/

you can see it's a not that easy lesson, but I'm sure you can do it.
since this gonna be our final phase we need to aim high in order to improve your level.

btw, I posted the final take for this phase, let me know what you think about it. if it is too easy and you get it earlier, you can use it as another assignment before the final one.

have fun!

This post has been edited by Lian Gerbino: Jun 30 2010, 04:52 PM

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jun 30 2010, 05:44 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Hi Lian,
great to hear from you again!
I watched the take I did yesterday again and I also thought "man, my guitar is badly out of tune!"...I don't have a clue why I didn't realise it before! I'll record another take in a few hours.
I actually started practising Gabriels lesson a few weeks ago, then stopped playing it although I was almost perfect with it, so I think I can come up with a decent take real soon.
I also love the neoclassical lesson, I'll start learning it and when I get it done quickly I'll post it, but I think it's a really nice finish for this MTP.
So, I'll post another take of the riff lesson later!

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Jun 30 2010, 05:46 PM
Instructor
cool man!!! looking forward it! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jun 30 2010, 07:14 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Here we go again!
And as you might have guessed by now, clothing is just as important to me when recording a video as my guitar playing! Just couldn't resist...

This post has been edited by Gitarrero: Jun 30 2010, 07:15 PM

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jul 6 2010, 04:05 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Hi Lian,
did you see my new take? Just ignore my shirt...
I'm really busy at work this week, I have to organise a couple of events and discussions that will take place in my town this week, ending with a music festival on friday...still, I will try to upload a decent take of the Megadeth lesson today or tomorrow.
See ya!
Christian

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jul 7 2010, 07:21 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Hi Lian,
here we go with my first take of the Megadeth lesson. I didn't have too much time to practice this week, but I gave it a shot today. What do you think so far?

btw, I really enjoyed the new Tersivel songs, great work!

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Jul 8 2010, 09:59 PM
Instructor
hey man, so sorry for not stay here last days... I was so ill and with a big head-ache all day long! I was trying to not kill my head with music for a few days...
I'm still ill tho, but I'm good enough to listen to your takes! so, I'm doing this right now smile.gif
thanks for listen my music, I really appreciated it smile.gif

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Jul 8 2010, 10:29 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Jun 30 2010, 03:14 PM) *
Here we go again!
And as you might have guessed by now, clothing is just as important to me when recording a video as my guitar playing! Just couldn't resist...

this take is by far better! you improved a lot on timing and on to keep the guitar in tune.
the only thing I see is that last E5 which it's a bit out of tune.
lovely t-shirt! LOL!!!

QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Jul 7 2010, 03:21 PM) *
Hi Lian,
here we go with my first take of the Megadeth lesson. I didn't have too much time to practice this week, but I gave it a shot today. What do you think so far?

btw, I really enjoyed the new Tersivel songs, great work!

really good take man! one question: have you felt tired with this lesson? there's a lot of downstrokes and you are playing all the lesson a little bit slow.
the whole take sounds good, just a bit out of timing. I'm sure that this take in a slower tempo would sound perfect.
I know you had not enough time last days for this lesson, so I will give you the next assigment anyway, but, keep practising this lesson a few times more and come back with a new take. I know you can play this one perfectly wink.gif

off: what about your bets? what do u have to do now? I'm gonna send u that Dulce de leche anyway! smile.gif

take care!

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jul 12 2010, 08:22 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Hi Lian!
After warming up with literally every lesson I recorded for this MTP I gave the Megadeth lesson another shot...I think it's better this time!

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Jul 15 2010, 07:17 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Jul 12 2010, 04:22 PM) *
Hi Lian!
After warming up with literally every lesson I recorded for this MTP I gave the Megadeth lesson another shot...I think it's better this time!

awesome take man! this one is far better! and the T-shirt is better too! LOL

this gonna be your next assignment. this cool solo lesson from Trond have a lot of cool licks to develop your musical ideas.
I specially took this one for you to work on intonation.
this is one of the problems you still have on your playing, so I want you to focus on it during this assignment.

Assignment 3
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...-solo-beginner/

have fun!

This post has been edited by Lian Gerbino: Jul 15 2010, 07:18 PM

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jul 19 2010, 05:59 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Hi Lian,
sorry for answering a bit late! Really cool lesson, I have some trouble remembering solos....don't know why that is laugh.gif
I got the first half down, hopefully I will be able to submit a video on thursday.
See ya!
Christian

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Jul 20 2010, 05:13 PM
Instructor
cool man, take your time. smile.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 05:01 AM