Authors
SonofDestiny
Jun 27 2008, 01:28 PM
GMC:er
Heya,

When I was younger I used to write books. One of 'em almost got published, but somehow the publisher didn't feel like doing it anymore, so there went my dream. Since then I haven't really been writing seriously. I have never been more disappointed in my life than the day I heard that my book was rejected.

Now, 3 years later, I want to start again. I'm thinking of a more professional way of writing than I used before. Don't get me wrong: I really enjoy writing and I'm not only doing it for success or whatsoever, but I want to write a story that entertains people. smile.gif

Any other people who write books?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by SonofDestiny: Jun 27 2008, 01:29 PM

--------------------
Wishlist: the world.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Jun 27 2008, 02:24 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
I write and edit academic material - so far I've written over 20 academic articles in international journals/chapters in books and am currently working on my 3rd academic book, plus an unpublished PhD thesis and a book proposal currently being considered. I also review academic papers for @12 international journals and am on the editorial board of another two. Don't think any of it counts as entertaining people though wink.gif .

No fiction I'm afraid.

Cheers,
Tony

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
SonofDestiny
Jun 27 2008, 02:29 PM
Wow biggrin.gif That's really, really good!

What is PhD..? And what subjects have you written about?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jun 27 2008, 02:48 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (SonofDestiny @ Jun 27 2008, 09:29 AM) *
What is PhD..? And what subjects have you written about?

It means he is very clever wink.gif

I know I have a book in me and I intend to write one one day - I'm not an author though.

I would like to write maybe a book on Theory, and a SciFi or Fantasy book. Maybe when I retire ...

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Jun 27 2008, 02:53 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
PhD - Doctor of Philosophy.

I write in the areas of philosophy and cultural studies and some of the things I've written about include: the 'in-human', humans and the loss of being; a critique of academic understandings of 'desire'; revulsion and horror; censorship; a theory of ethics; God; time and the Eternal Return; subjective writing and the waste of reason; non-knowledge and death; silence. A weird and eclectic mix smile.gif. There is a central core to it all though and it's all to do with how we are affected by, and relate to, what is termed in philosophy 'the Impossible'.

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 27 2008, 05:50 PM
Instructor
Wow, just wow, Tony your a cool guy I must say smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Jun 27 2008, 05:52 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Jun 27 2008, 03:48 PM) *
It means he is very clever wink.gif

Well said biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
SonofDestiny
Jun 27 2008, 06:09 PM
Very interesting subjects Tony biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Jun 27 2008, 07:26 PM
Experienced Rock Star
I'm also writting a book, always wanted to but I'm always busy, I have all the ideas in my head and usually I write lyrics thinking about those ideas, this summer I started writting a chapter, hopefully by the end of it I'll finally have my first book ready smile.gif

--------------------
Currently Practicing

Rhythm: Finnish Power Metal III: Nightwish
Legato: Ben's Land Of Legato
Alternate Picking: Alternate Picking Workout #5
Chords: Chord Melody Technique

+Quote Post
beebo
Jun 27 2008, 07:44 PM
Is writing a book like writing a song at all?
I need help on writing lyrics besides just using ideas and my soul becuase i have good ideas but the words just don't mix well?

Comments?

*don't mean to change the subject...just wondering*

+Quote Post
jacmoe
Jun 27 2008, 08:27 PM
QUOTE (tonymiro @ Jun 27 2008, 03:53 PM) *
PhD - Doctor of Philosophy.

The coolest uni teachers are doctors of philosophy! cool.gif

--------------------
QUOTE ("Steve Vai")
Start by playing something - a bend, a riff, a scale, a song - very slowly; if you make a mistake, start over; do this over and over, until you can play it flawlessly - and I do mean flawlessly - many times in a row. Next, gradually increase the tempo. Eventually you'll be flailing like a madman.

+Quote Post
Gerardo Siere
Jun 28 2008, 02:45 AM
Instructor
I love books, but was very anoying the making of the thesis for lawer, lot of citation and justification all the time to just say "Hello, my name is....", but people who write academic books seem to love that.

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Jun 28 2008, 03:27 AM
Singing Instructor
I am writing a book for two years know,but dont haw time to finish.It is sf comedy,but who knows,some day maybe I find time and finish it.smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration

+Quote Post
FrankW
Jun 29 2008, 05:41 AM
I've got a book or two in me. I've never tried to write, but I really should. Books interest me very much. I've got hundreds of them. I suppose I would attempt something fictional; along the lines of horror or the military. Sometimes, these subjects are not so different. But, I love Tom Clancy-type military fiction, and Brian Lumley-type horror. If you want to read the ultimate on vampires, check out Brian Lumley. His Necroscope series is some of the best reading I've ever experienced. And, Tom Clancy can tell a fabulous story based on high-tech military hardware and tactics. Maybe I'll write about gun-toting vampires...

+Quote Post
SonofDestiny
Jun 29 2008, 10:06 AM
FrankW: you gotta check out the Darren Shan-saga if you like books about vampires. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
FrankW
Jun 29 2008, 06:54 PM
QUOTE (SonofDestiny @ Jun 29 2008, 10:06 AM) *
FrankW: you gotta check out the Darren Shan-saga if you like books about vampires. smile.gif

Thanks, man, I'll check him out. If you like books on vampires, I urge you to check out the Necroscope series by Brian Lumley. His last name might be spelled Lumely. I've read all the Ann Rice books, and of course, Bram Stoker. I've read Salems' Lot by Stephen King, and countless others on the subject of vampires. I have never read anything so awesome as the Lumely books...a combination of gothic horror and science fiction. Lumely is incredible.

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jun 30 2008, 11:51 AM
Moderation Policy Director
I enjoyed Ann Rice, so maybe I will try this Lumley guy smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 06:30 PM