Reaper Noob Question
Gary
Sep 30 2009, 05:11 AM
GMC:er
Okay... I downloaded the software and then the 400+ page manual..and I will get to that manual in time wink.gif

Anyway being a normal guy I decided to have a go a creating my first basic recording without reading any instructions rolleyes.gif . My goal was to take a backing track I received from GMC and record that along with my playing. I therefore put the MP3 backing as track one and then recorded my guitar as track 2. I then downloaded the lame_dll to allow creation of MP3 files and attempted to generate the final product.

What I ended up with has to be wrong.. as the only way I was able to create a file that contained both tracks 1 & 2 was to add a third track (3) and then arm that for recording while I hit the play button to play tracks one and two. This worked however I just assumed the the final product would be created from the master track, not a third track. I was looking for a way to point tracks 1 & 2 to the master track but became lost in a myriad of menu choices.

Just looking for a brief explanation of the proper process for creating a MP3 that combines my playing with a backing track that's in MP3 format.. this has probably been asked numerous times on the fourm but I was not able to locate a thread.

Cheers and thanks in advance~
Gary

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Gary: Sep 30 2009, 05:55 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 12:03 PM