My First Playthrough Video!
Storm Linnebjerg
Nov 12 2019, 02:56 AM
Learning Rock Star
My editing skills are limited, but I hope you will enjoy it anyway! It's the first time I've made an actual playthrough video of a song of mine smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
enlo22
Nov 12 2019, 03:14 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
very cool man, glad to see you're making videos now.
the clean parts reminded me of Opeth, you've got a unique sound for sure.
I like the bass tone as well, and the integration of the piano/synths was really well done.
my favorite parts are at 45 seconds and at 4 minutes, that riff mixed with the synths was really nice.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Nov 12 2019, 03:20 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (enlo22 @ Nov 12 2019, 04:14 AM) *
very cool man, glad to see you're making videos now.
the clean parts reminded me of Opeth, you've got a unique sound for sure.
I like the bass tone as well, and the integration of the piano/synths was really well done.
my favorite parts are at 45 seconds and at 4 minutes, that riff mixed with the synths was really nice.

Thanks for the awesome comment smile.gif I was inspired by your videos, to be honest. Your songs and videos are always top notch, so that inspired me to dive into the world of making videos too! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 12 2019, 04:08 AM
GMC:er
Spiff! The way you balance counterpoint in this between the guitar and keys is really cool. Shades of Dream Theatre and Opeth abound. Really good keyboard work. I didn't realize you were such an accomplished keys player!! Cool vid as well. I see at least 3 camera angles which means 3 x the work. Nice!!

Todd
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Nov 11 2019, 09:56 PM) *
My editing skills are limited, but I hope you will enjoy it anyway! It's the first time I've made an actual playthrough video of a song of mine smile.gif

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Nov 12 2019, 04:10 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Nov 12 2019, 05:08 AM) *
Spiff! The way you balance counterpoint in this between the guitar and keys is really cool. Shades of Dream Theatre and Opeth abound. Really good keyboard work. I didn't realize you were such an accomplished keys player!! Cool vid as well. I see at least 3 camera angles which means 3 x the work. Nice!!

Todd

Thanks, Todd! Yeah, 3 camera angles - had to do a few takes, as I wanted to use the same camera on all angles.

Arh, keys are programmed to be honest! I'm not that accomplished, but can play a bit, but I never really practice it, but with a bit of practice it should be doable, so maybe it's something for a future video! smile.gif

This post has been edited by Caelumamittendum: Nov 12 2019, 04:15 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Nov 12 2019, 03:27 PM
GMC Founder
YEAH! Killer composition, and very nice guitar sound as well!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Nov 12 2019, 03:39 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Nov 12 2019, 04:27 PM) *
YEAH! Killer composition, and very nice guitar sound as well!

Thanks, Kris! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Farine54
Nov 12 2019, 09:44 PM
Learning Roadie
Very beautiful compo, I love the atmosphere. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Phil66
Nov 12 2019, 10:42 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
That's brilliant Ben. Thanks for sharing. cool.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Nov 13 2019, 08:47 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Farine54 @ Nov 12 2019, 10:44 PM) *
Very beautiful compo, I love the atmosphere. smile.gif

Thanks, Farine! Thanks for listening and for the nice comment smile.gif

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Nov 12 2019, 11:42 PM) *
That's brilliant Ben. Thanks for sharing. cool.gif

Thanks so much, Phil! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mertay
Nov 13 2019, 10:14 AM
Nice! I liked the song more and more as it continued which is something even bands with official albums can't always accomplish. The mix is cool actually but I felt it could benefit more from (a more aggressive) mastering process.

This post has been edited by Mertay: Nov 13 2019, 10:14 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Nov 13 2019, 03:45 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Mertay @ Nov 13 2019, 11:14 AM) *
Nice! I liked the song more and more as it continued which is something even bands with official albums can't always accomplish. The mix is cool actually but I felt it could benefit more from (a more aggressive) mastering process.

Thanks for listening, Mertay! smile.gif

I honestly didn't do much mastering. I just added a mastering plugin and chose a setting I thought sounded good, but my friend who's more into production than I am told me the same thing. Maybe something for the future smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 14 2019, 01:59 AM
Instructor
This is awesome Cael! I can appreciate much more your composition with this playthrough and I love it.

There are many great things here, starting with your guitar tone which is one of the best that I've heard from you. Besides the sound, I like the stereo effect (or maybe you've recorded it twice?).

I like all parts but I found the section at 3:00 very unexpected in a positive way. We talked about this band in the past, but once again Fates Warning comes to mind... check out this album:

You'll really enjoy it.

Keep this stuff coming!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Nov 14 2019, 02:01 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Nov 14 2019, 02:59 AM) *
This is awesome Cael! I can appreciate much more your composition with this playthrough and I love it.

There are many great things here, starting with your guitar tone which is one of the best that I've heard from you. Besides the sound, I like the stereo effect (or maybe you've recorded it twice?).

I like all parts but I found the section at 3:00 very unexpected in a positive way. We talked about this band in the past, but once again Fates Warning comes to mind... check out this album:

You'll really enjoy it.

Keep this stuff coming!

Thanks so much, Gabriel smile.gif

I double tracked the guitars and panned them hard left/right. I don't know if that's the best way, but it's what I did smile.gif

I'm gonna listen to the link now!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mertay
Nov 14 2019, 10:47 AM
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Nov 13 2019, 02:45 PM) *

My advice is using the free or preferably affordable algo. based mastering web services with projects like this. When aim'ing for an album or important single then use a more expensive service.

You're getting to a point where distributing some of the work is more beneficial then spending your time on every step of the production, none of us can be the best at everything smile.gif A typical youtuber prefers to do this himself (aside the mega popular ones, or anderton's like store channels etc.) but you have an artist approach going on.

I write this not to critique but honestly think your music has passed the demo phase.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Nov 14 2019, 02:25 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Mertay @ Nov 14 2019, 11:47 AM) *
My advice is using the free or preferably affordable algo. based mastering web services with projects like this. When aim'ing for an album or important single then use a more expensive service.

You're getting to a point where distributing some of the work is more beneficial then spending your time on every step of the production, none of us can be the best at everything smile.gif A typical youtuber prefers to do this himself (aside the mega popular ones, or anderton's like store channels etc.) but you have an artist approach going on.

I write this not to critique but honestly think your music has passed the demo phase.

I appreciate the feedback and comment for sure!

As for passing the demo phase, I would like to have material (material that I'm somewhat happy with, that is) for an entire album before taking the next step. I do have an album on YouTube, but I'm not entirely happy with it, neither structure wise, playing wise or compositionally. It's the 49 minute song "A Celestial Voyage", but I've come to think it would be better to have shorter songs, such as the one in this thread (which is actually also part of "A Celestial Voyage"). When I have enough material for an album, I'll try and figure out who to go to - I have a friend who does great production work albeit more in a pop rock genre, but I suppose it's a place to start smile.gif

This post has been edited by Caelumamittendum: Nov 14 2019, 02:25 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Nov 15 2019, 12:10 AM
Experienced Guitar Hero
Wow, great track and play through! Also agree that the guitar tone is very nice.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Nov 15 2019, 05:55 AM
Veteran Tone Master
Hi

I have the feeling of listening to a vinyl record 33 rpm.
It's really very good. The riffs of the guitar are awesome and killer tone.

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Nov 15 2019, 07:34 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (DeGroot @ Nov 15 2019, 01:10 AM) *
Wow, great track and play through! Also agree that the guitar tone is very nice.

Thanks, DeGroot! I really appreciate the nice feedback smile.gif

QUOTE (MisterM @ Nov 15 2019, 06:55 AM) *
Hi

I have the feeling of listening to a vinyl record 33 rpm.
It's really very good. The riffs of the guitar are awesome and killer tone.

Thank you so much, MisterM! For listening and for the nice comment smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 18 2019, 05:17 PM
As you can see from all the great feedback this video and song is killer! I know it can be a LOT of work to put something like this together but it's well worth it imho. I'm glad you are making playthrough videos. They really are a cool way to share your music. I hope we can make a playthrough video for our next collab!!!
Todd

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:05 PM