Dillinger Escape Plan
ThatGuy
Dec 15 2007, 01:54 PM
GMC:er
Does anyone in this nice and large community called GMC like Dillinger?
They are definitely one of my favorite bands.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
VinceG
Dec 15 2007, 11:49 PM
I use to like em but ehh times have changed. I've always liked the song 43% Burnt.

Ms. Machine was a terrible album btw.

Oh yea is your name a reference to the 80's guy from Futurama who uses the theme of safety dance, "That Guy"?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by VinceG: Dec 15 2007, 11:50 PM

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
Dec 16 2007, 02:29 AM
Instructor
I like some of their songs, but usually they are just too "chaotic" for my taste smile.gif I haven't checked out the new album yet, maybe I'll like it better than their earlier material smile.gif

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post
ThatGuy
Dec 16 2007, 06:40 AM
Yes it is a reference to the 80s guy from Futurama.

+Quote Post
VinceG
Dec 16 2007, 07:48 AM
haha awesome! I love That Guy.

Oh yea don't forget the final Futurama Marathon on Adult Swim airs at Dec 26 at 11 pm. I hope they won't stop airing Futurama altogether. I would be depressed. Its the only thing that makes midnight cartoons worthwhile.

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Dec 16 2007, 11:20 AM
GMC Founder
I have heard alot about them - but haven't checked them out yet!

--------------------

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Dec 16 2007, 10:42 PM
i like their song "Unretrofied" tongue.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
ThatGuy
Dec 21 2007, 04:55 AM
Unretrofied is a good song. But their real skill is in their heavy 'hardcore' songs. They like to use odd time signatures a LOT. They have a lot of jazz influence too. Listen to Setting Fire To Sleeping Giants

+Quote Post
Existenz
Dec 24 2007, 01:41 PM
DEP are a great band very energetic and i don't think i have heard anything by them that i don't like, i'm not a huge fan of them getting softer as they get more success but i guess catering to the needs of all the band members can do that, overall i love this band.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 10:40 AM