Invader [ 2 ] ** [15.38%]
81 [ 3 ] ** [23.08%]
Total Votes: 13
Guests cannot vote 
rockztar
Jun 15 2008, 09:15 PM
GMC:er
So im gonna get myself a new bridge pickup to my Parker nitefly

I want high output and clean notes (not muddy)

I play mostly Hard rock, shred, Metal (every kind of it but mostly progressive), instumental and alot of jazz fusion and funk.

so even if its should be hig output, it should vertasile (spelling?)
BUt that aint a problme because the guitar also got to single coild and a piezo...

so this a the three i have choosen you you to choose from

Seymour duncan INvader
Emg 81 (the cheapest... i cant equally get two of them (used) for the same price as 1 of the others)
Dimarzio Evolution

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by rockztar: Jun 15 2008, 09:16 PM

--------------------
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
PRS CE24 Amber
Yamaha C40

Amp:
Marshall dsl 401

Effect:
dd-6, cs-3, Emma ReezaFRATzitz - morley wah- rc-2

Guthrie Govan, Thomas blug, alex hutchings and many others

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jun 15 2008, 09:49 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Voted Evolution, just got mine to work and I've been testing them for several hours. Amazing clean sound, even when distorted. High output, I was playing on my Peavey Classic 30 on the clean channel and it's really rewarding, great drive!!
Now I have both Evolutions in the bridge and neck and as a combination I'm very happy. I connected them the same way as the originals so the second switch position is the neck pu in parallell while pos 4 is the bridge pu as singlecoil.
Two of my favourite positions. I just love the well defined single coil sound, at high output. Definitly worthy of 80's metal.

I exchanged the stock pu's, INF3 and INF4 and it feels I went from bee swarm to space tech nuclear powerplant.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 15 2008, 11:20 PM
Instructor
Voted for Evo, because from what I've heard it is the most versatile one.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
Jun 15 2008, 11:45 PM
Instructor
i voted to Evolution

+Quote Post
rockztar
Jun 16 2008, 05:53 AM
Thx for the replieds... it seems it gonna be the Evo

--------------------
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
PRS CE24 Amber
Yamaha C40

Amp:
Marshall dsl 401

Effect:

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Jun 16 2008, 11:23 AM
Lets go fishing!
I voted EVO too, as they match the description of what your after. Di Marzio PAF pros are also excellent IMO, very clean notes even with bags of effects !! A very articulate sound smile.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
GuardianBlue
Jun 17 2008, 05:27 AM
dude, seymore duncan all the way. I put custom mini-humbuckers in my strat a while back and I LOVE them. I've played on several other SD humbucker models too and am always pleased. Even the minis give me awesome high-output thats great for metal distortion and (I was pleasantly surprised) gives a great rich clean tone too

--------------------
~FenderBender

+Quote Post
rockztar
Jun 17 2008, 05:54 AM
THx for the replieds=)

--------------------
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
PRS CE24 Amber
Yamaha C40

Amp:
Marshall dsl 401

Effect:

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 03:07 AM