4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Are Members Interested In A Classified Section For Gmc?
Do we need a classified section?
If GMC had a classified section to allow buying and selling of gear, would you be likely to use it?
Yes very likely [ 36 ] ** [37.50%]
Possibly [ 39 ] ** [40.62%]
Probably not [ 13 ] ** [13.54%]
Definatley not [ 8 ] ** [8.33%]
Total Votes: 96
Guests cannot vote 
Andrew Cockburn
Oct 20 2007, 01:49 AM
Moderation Policy Director
A Member has suggested that we add a classified section to GMC to allow members to buy and sell stuff through GMC. This poll is to gauge interest and see if it would appeal to members in general. Please complete the poll, and if you would like to, add a comment giving your reasoning. We'll see where we are at in a few days.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Andrew Cockburn: Oct 20 2007, 01:50 AM

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Slammer
Oct 20 2007, 02:02 AM
GMC:er
I voted Possibly.

But the only problem I have with a classified section would be the Different Locations of all the GMCer's.

Unless it is made into where there is a "North American" section and a "Europe" and then I guess other countries too.

Well, the reason why is... mainly because of the high cost of shipping, Like for instance; say someone in Norway was selling something, and someone in Texas wanted to buy it, or vice versa. I think they would see that with the price of the shipping costs it would be easier to buy the things closer to home blink.gif
But, If ppl have the money then all power to them biggrin.gif

Although I do think subsections for different regions would be a help, then if ppl want to buy something from another region they will have it all sorted out.

Then again what do I know? ohmy.gif

But it's definetly not a bad Idea biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Slammer: Oct 20 2007, 02:02 AM

+Quote Post
Unleash-The-Shre...
Oct 20 2007, 02:08 AM
Nice, i requested the classifieds section smile.gif

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Oct 20 2007, 02:09 AM
Lets go fishing!
Yeah i like the idea alot !

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
chast
Oct 20 2007, 02:13 AM
Learning Roadie
I also voted for Possibly and I only can argree with Slammer smile.gif

This post has been edited by chast: Oct 20 2007, 02:13 AM

--------------------
"They play it extremely fast, it doesn't make any sense, but it's Slayer so it makes a lot of sense" :)

+Quote Post
Owen
Oct 20 2007, 02:22 AM
Interesting idea, I think it would be a good thing to implement to see if it worked anyway smile.gif

This post has been edited by Owen: Oct 20 2007, 02:22 AM

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
Unleash-The-Shre...
Oct 20 2007, 02:23 AM
Going good so far, first 15 minutes and no denies for the request.

+Quote Post
Joey
Oct 20 2007, 02:24 AM
I'd definitely try using it but i dont think anything can tear me away from ebay. lol

+Quote Post
MickeM
Oct 20 2007, 02:35 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (Joey @ Oct 20 2007, 03:24 AM) *
I'd definitely try using it but i dont think anything can tear me away from ebay. lol

I'm convinced the stuff that will be sold here are either flawless or it's stated if anything is crappy with it - Honest ads. We don't wanna sell crap to family, right? smile.gif ...or send a brick instead of a Cry baby f ex. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Robin
Oct 20 2007, 02:40 AM
If we get a forum like this we should make a sticky topic in it where we tell about users that we have had good/bad experiences with when selling/buying.

+Quote Post
Vinicitur
Oct 20 2007, 02:44 AM
QUOTE (Slammer @ Oct 19 2007, 09:02 PM) *
I voted Possibly.

But the only problem I have with a classified section would be the Different Locations of all the GMCer's.

Not only shipping. There might be a risk of conflicts if someone buys something
and feels that they didn't get their money's worth or were misled.

I believe it's still a good idea, but I think the administrators should look at this
carefully. It would also be a good idea to create guidelines for everyone.

--------------------
IPB Image

There are 2 types of people in the world: consumers and creators. Which one are you?

+Quote Post
Jeff
Oct 20 2007, 03:03 AM
I voted probably not. The only reason is that I would hate to see a transaction go bad and then flame wars and bad feelings start. I don't know if it's worth taking the chance. Although I do like talking about equipment and helping others when I can. I believe that GMC has proven to be one of the best communities around and I would hate to see that their might be potential liabilites. mellow.gif

+Quote Post
MickeM
Oct 20 2007, 03:16 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Vinicitur and jeff and pointing out very important issues. Worth to think about for Kris before deciding, no matter what the poll says.

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Oct 20 2007, 03:40 AM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (jeff @ Oct 19 2007, 10:03 PM) *
I voted probably not. The only reason is that I would hate to see a transaction go bad and then flame wars and bad feelings start. I don't know if it's worth taking the chance. Although I do like talking about equipment and helping others when I can. I believe that GMC has proven to be one of the best communities around and I would hate to see that their might be potential liabilites. mellow.gif

Good point Jeff - we would definitely have guidelines, and you know I wouldn't allow a flame war, but even so, that has to be considered.

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Street Musician
Oct 20 2007, 04:43 AM
The problem is forum merchendise selling may lead to scamming. It is very easy to scam someone when selling stuff on message boards. I would think that musiciansfriend.com or ebay.com should be prefered over this type of thing.

This post has been edited by Street Musician: Oct 20 2007, 04:44 AM

+Quote Post
steve25
Oct 20 2007, 05:07 AM
Absolutely not, keep GMC for what it is, a tuition for guitar not a buy/sell place. Sorry but i think you'd b taking too much of a risk here

This post has been edited by steve25: Oct 20 2007, 05:07 AM

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Oct 20 2007, 05:18 AM
QUOTE (steve25 @ Oct 19 2007, 10:07 PM) *
Absolutely not, keep GMC for what it is, a tuition for guitar not a buy/sell place. Sorry but i think you'd b taking too much of a risk here

good point, i hadnt realised that.

This post has been edited by FretDancer69: Oct 20 2007, 05:19 AM

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Oct 20 2007, 05:20 AM
Moderator - low level high stakes
At present I think anyone can join the forum (ie not just those who've subscribed to the videos etc). As such like Steve25 and Street Musician I'd be concerned about the potential of someone joining the board just to do a one off scam and then disappearing into the night with someone else's hard earned cash.

Cheers,
Tony

ps maybe I'm just getting cynical in my old age unsure.gif .

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
SLASH91
Oct 20 2007, 05:22 AM
I voted possibly because it would be great if it could be pulled off, but there are a lot of potential problems that could occur.

--------------------

"Remember to live, eat, sleep and breathe music for the mind, play from your heart and never be swayed by the current trends"-
Rusty Cooley

My gear:

Marshall Valvstate
Digitech Distortion Factory
Jackson RR24 (Randy Rhoads)
Ibanez RG2550e
A ripoff brand acoustic guitar
and a Yamaha Classical guitar :)

+Quote Post
steve25
Oct 20 2007, 05:37 AM
QUOTE (tonymiro @ Oct 20 2007, 05:20 AM) *
At present I think anyone can join the forum (ie not just those who've subscribed to the videos etc). As such like Steve25 and Street Musician I'd be concerned about the potential of someone joining the board just to do a one off scam and then disappearing into the night with someone else's hard earned cash.

Cheers,
Tony

ps maybe I'm just getting cynical in my old age unsure.gif .

Exactly it would be too much effort and trouble to make this a secured enough thing. Sure it might seem cool but lets not forget why we're here. Do you rally want to put effort into something like this when that time could be spent on something to do with guitar lessons and other features

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 05:24 PM