2 Pages V  < 1 2  
What Is The Hardest "beginner" Chord To Play?
Bluesberry
Dec 30 2010, 08:19 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Sollesnes @ Dec 30 2010, 08:32 PM) *
Practice without amp tongue.gif
Why would anyone practice finger placements with an amp?

Oh, I did. Small apartment, steel-string acoustic guitar. Not everyone starts with an electric. laugh.gif wink.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Dec 30 2010, 09:22 PM
GMC:er
B i remember T:T

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
del-4fr53e3
Dec 30 2010, 09:26 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Kristian Hyvarinen @ Dec 30 2010, 08:19 PM) *
Oh, I did. Small apartment, steel-string acoustic guitar. Not everyone starts with an electric. laugh.gif wink.gif

Ah right smile.gif

+Quote Post
Bear Rose
Jan 1 2011, 06:05 PM
Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (Kristian Hyvarinen @ Dec 30 2010, 01:47 PM) *
I remember my brother saying to me that the worst part of the day at home was when I was practicing chords. biggrin.gif And definitely the most difficult one to get right was F for me, too. However, when we are talking about chord progressions, I'd also add B7 and C7 (from the open position) to the list since they are kind of tricky for the left hand.

But practicing chords is definitely worth it. I think it may have done more to my playing than anything else. smile.gif

Haha, that's funny! But, I bet its not as bad as people who are learning to play a trumpet or sax with all the loud squeaking going on and wrong notes being hit. And you can't turn the volume down on those!

+Quote Post
loundzilla
Mar 15 2011, 09:24 PM
Both F and B!

F because it's the first barre chord that most seem to learn. It doesn't help being that far down the neck - if i was to have learnt the shape further up the neck it wouldn't have been to bad! Getting the forefinger position right was definitely key!

B because, well, its a sucky chord ! My ring ringer keeps muting the high e string!

--------------------
When I look in the mirror I see a face-melting guitar shredder.... maybe my mirror tells the future?
Download the GMC Guitar Theory Grimoire Here!

Guitars
Ibanez RGA42 (EMG 81/85 pickups)
Takemine G series electro acoustic

Equipment
Line 6 spider 3 75 amp
Line 6 POD studio UX2

+Quote Post
loundzilla
Mar 15 2011, 09:24 PM
Both F and B!

F because it's the first barre chord that most seem to learn. It doesn't help being that far down the neck - if i was to have learnt the shape further up the neck it wouldn't have been to bad! Getting the forefinger position right was definitely key!

B because, well, its a sucky chord ! My ring ringer keeps muting the high e string!

--------------------
When I look in the mirror I see a face-melting guitar shredder.... maybe my mirror tells the future?
Download the GMC Guitar Theory Grimoire Here!

Guitars
Ibanez RGA42 (EMG 81/85 pickups)
Takemine G series electro acoustic

Equipment
Line 6 spider 3 75 amp
Line 6 POD studio UX2

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Mar 31 2011, 08:35 PM
Instructor
F major was hard ofc biggrin.gif, but I still have some troubles of fretting clean A-shaped chord anywhere on the neck. I don't use the full version because of that smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th March 2024 - 06:51 AM