> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

22 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 12 > »   
Timmy B's Mentoring Thread
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 12 2013, 09:53 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Timmy b @ Jan 12 2013, 07:01 AM) *
Hey Cosmin,
Yeah, Think this will be another one for the re-record pile. Definitely need more work on this area!
Do you have anything new you want me to work on, or should i keep on going with my current batch??

Tim

Mornin' mate! I'd say focus to get the current batch in tip top shape, as the more things pile up, the less you will be able to focus on. Let's do a little recap - which lessons are you currently working on?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Timmy b
Jan 12 2013, 10:35 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jan 12 2013, 09:53 AM) *
Mornin' mate! I'd say focus to get the current batch in tip top shape, as the more things pile up, the less you will be able to focus on. Let's do a little recap - which lessons are you currently working on?

Yeah, Good point! they're already backed up enough! Ive got a lot im working on atm. a lot of them have just a small bit in them i cant get right. One day soon they'll all "click" and ill be done with em biggrin.gif
But the main ones im working on are

- Metal metrics 2 and Djent - time signatures - Working on the tightness. not used to such low tunings. comes out a bit sloppy.

- Radio Funk Lesson - This one is pretty much done, im just working on the muted 32nd note bits.

- Also still working on bens - Vibrato and legato lessons. My circular vibrato is nearly there, but my legato technique is really terrible! Im working on that one real slow!

-Also A few other random lessons. I'm working on triplet and sextuplet 16th notes. ( an example of this is in your "Funk metal riff" lesson.) Nearly got that fast run down!

Think thats about it. Ive got a lot in the works right now, but they're all really close to done. Its like im at a plateau and i just cant get over it. frustrating, but it will be great when its reached smile.gif

Tim

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 12 2013, 10:38 AM
Instructor
It most definitely will feel great! Tim, keep fighting with these ones as they pretty much pack a punch all together biggrin.gif That run in the funk metal riffing - I dunno if I even remember what I was playing there biggrin.gif shame on me - it's so silly how fast you can forget something if you don't play it for a long period of time...

+Quote Post
Timmy b
Jan 12 2013, 11:46 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jan 12 2013, 10:38 AM) *
It most definitely will feel great! Tim, keep fighting with these ones as they pretty much pack a punch all together biggrin.gif That run in the funk metal riffing - I dunno if I even remember what I was playing there biggrin.gif shame on me - it's so silly how fast you can forget something if you don't play it for a long period of time...

Will Do! It will feel good to get these ones all done!
And yeah, Its incredible how quickly we can forget things. Dont Worry, Youll know the lick when you hear it tongue.gif

Tim

+Quote Post
mroberts70
Jan 13 2013, 05:10 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Timmy b @ Jan 12 2013, 05:46 PM) *
And yeah, Its incredible how quickly we can forget things. Dont Worry, Youll know the lick when you hear it tongue.gif

Tim

Cos, I just watched that Funk Metal riff and that was top notch... I liked that, but I see myself leaning towards liking funk type music. Tim, sorry I keep posting in your thread man, seriously if you want me to get the hell out of here just say the word... but honestly I like your playing and how you are progressing so it inspires me to watch your progress. Though I'm actually starting to feel bad for always being in your post... like the uninvited guest that I am... smile.gif But, that funk metal thing was really cool to me.

--------------------
Air Guitar Instructor

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 13 2013, 08:54 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Timmy b @ Jan 12 2013, 10:46 PM) *

Tim

Hehe! biggrin.gif Well then, I'll be here waiting to see the takes and when we are done we can move on to other things! Anyway, you are a very prolific dude! I enjoy working with you a lot smile.gif

QUOTE (mroberts70 @ Jan 13 2013, 04:10 AM) *
Cos, I just watched that Funk Metal riff and that was top notch... I liked that, but I see myself leaning towards liking funk type music. Tim, sorry I keep posting in your thread man, seriously if you want me to get the hell out of here just say the word... but honestly I like your playing and how you are progressing so it inspires me to watch your progress. Though I'm actually starting to feel bad for always being in your post... like the uninvited guest that I am... smile.gif But, that funk metal thing was really cool to me.

As long as the stuff in this thread inspires you, I don't think that you are an unwelcome guest, although Tim is the one to say that smile.gif

+Quote Post
Timmy b
Jan 13 2013, 11:28 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jan 13 2013, 08:54 AM) *
Hehe! biggrin.gif Well then, I'll be here waiting to see the takes and when we are done we can move on to other things! Anyway, you are a very prolific dude! I enjoy working with you a lot smile.gif

Thanks Mate! But its hard not to put in the effort when your working with someone with a strong work ethic like yours!

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jan 13 2013, 08:54 AM) *
As long as the stuff in this thread inspires you, I don't think that you are an unwelcome guest, although Tim is the one to say that smile.gif

Absolutely! If it inspires you and helps you on your journey, By all means your welcome to hang out smile.gif

Tim

This post has been edited by Timmy b: Jan 13 2013, 11:29 AM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 14 2013, 08:45 AM
Instructor
Strong work ethic! Wow, this sounded so soothing laugh.gif Thanks mate! Glad it's a mutual feeling biggrin.gif And I am also glad if Mark feels good to hang with us around here!

+Quote Post
mroberts70
Jan 14 2013, 07:26 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jan 14 2013, 02:45 AM) *
Strong work ethic! Wow, this sounded so soothing laugh.gif Thanks mate! Glad it's a mutual feeling biggrin.gif And I am also glad if Mark feels good to hang with us around here!

Definately, I've been aggrivating Tim for awhile now so he is probably used to me hanging around by now anyhow... wink.gif

--------------------
Air Guitar Instructor

+Quote Post
Timmy b
Jan 17 2013, 11:21 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hi Cosmin

Slowly but surely getting some recs done. Like we talked about last time, the progress is a bit slow right now, so many of these recs are just out of my reach! mad.gif But it will come soon enough.
Im not quite done with this one yet. The timing still not tight enough, but i thought id show you and see if i can get some feedback. Its really hard to get this sounding good. not as punchy as id like. also the guitars not really helping. its hard to get it sounding good and playable in standard tune. let alone in this low tuned madness! but it'll get there soon i hope.

https://soundcloud.com/user464214836/metal-metrics-2-sample

Tim

QUOTE (mroberts70 @ Jan 14 2013, 07:26 PM) *
Definately, I've been aggrivating Tim for awhile now so he is probably used to me hanging around by now anyhow... wink.gif

"Aggrivating" is bit harsh isnt it! smile.gif

This post has been edited by Timmy b: Jan 17 2013, 11:23 PM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 18 2013, 09:38 AM
Instructor

YES! Mate, listen this is ALMOST perfect biggrin.gif

You need to let the second open A string note ring in the main riff, polish the verse part a bit although it sounds killer already and when you bend the low A string in the last part also release it don't just bend and leave it there biggrin.gif These are all details, but all in all, you are one awesome dude! Congrats!

+Quote Post
Timmy b
Jan 18 2013, 11:15 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jan 18 2013, 09:38 AM) *
YES! Mate, listen this is ALMOST perfect biggrin.gif

You need to let the second open A string note ring in the main riff, polish the verse part a bit although it sounds killer already and when you bend the low A string in the last part also release it don't just bend and leave it there biggrin.gif These are all details, but all in all, you are one awesome dude! Congrats!

Thanks man, I wouldnt say it almost perfect. Its just not sounding right to my ears. Im finding these low tones sound quite dissonant and wrong to my ears. Thats why i didnt add the a note in the main bit. it just sounds wrong! Ill keep working on it, maybe it will start sounding better.

+Quote Post
mroberts70
Jan 18 2013, 04:19 PM
QUOTE (Timmy b @ Jan 18 2013, 05:15 AM) *
Thanks man, I wouldnt say it almost perfect. Its just not sounding right to my ears. Im finding these low tones sound quite dissonant and wrong to my ears. Thats why i didnt add the a note in the main bit. it just sounds wrong! Ill keep working on it, maybe it will start sounding better.

AWESOME!

I'm sorry to say in this way as I can't really express it any better than this, but that is BAD ASS Tim!

I may stop playing now... smile.gif

This post has been edited by mroberts70: Jan 18 2013, 04:22 PM

--------------------
Air Guitar Instructor

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 18 2013, 06:58 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (mroberts70 @ Jan 18 2013, 03:19 PM) *
AWESOME!

I'm sorry to say in this way as I can't really express it any better than this, but that is BAD ASS Tim!

I may stop playing now... smile.gif

No, no, this is meant to power you up mate biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
mroberts70
Jan 18 2013, 08:08 PM
Oh... I always get it wrong, I'm married.... laugh.gif

--------------------
Air Guitar Instructor

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 19 2013, 09:08 AM
Instructor
Mark! You got a PM waiting for you and if you do a good job, you might even get a thread where people will admire your work and say ''Hey, I wish I could play/ write music like that!'' smile.gif

+Quote Post
mroberts70
Jan 20 2013, 10:24 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jan 19 2013, 03:08 AM) *
Mark! You got a PM waiting for you and if you do a good job, you might even get a thread where people will admire your work and say ''Hey, I wish I could play/ write music like that!'' smile.gif

LOL!! laugh.gif

Everything I'm connected to is held together by a thread.... LOL! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Air Guitar Instructor

+Quote Post
Timmy b
Jan 22 2013, 11:13 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hey Mr Cosmin

Thought id stop by and give an update. Still no new recs ready, some of them are so damn close though! dry.gif Soon!
Still working on the metal metrics. ive Incorporated the missing" A" note and getting to speed. getting the muting right is really tricky. much more difficult than i expected! So here's a sample to see if im on the right track.

https://soundcloud.com/user464214836/metal-...ample-1/s-P3NUa

Tim

This post has been edited by Timmy b: Jan 22 2013, 11:15 PM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 23 2013, 12:42 PM
Instructor
Hey Tim - I think I wasn't clear enough smile.gif It would be easier if I would show it to you - tomorrow evening at the v-chat? How does that sound?

+Quote Post
Timmy b
Jan 23 2013, 02:50 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jan 23 2013, 12:42 PM) *
Hey Tim - I think I wasn't clear enough smile.gif It would be easier if I would show it to you - tomorrow evening at the v-chat? How does that sound?

ahh, I see what ive done. You were clear, but when you said "A" note, i instinctively thought you were talking about the 2nd string (A on a regular tuned guitar). Well Ill leave it alone and you can show me exactly how it should be tomorrow in person.

+Quote Post

22 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 12 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 01:18 PM