5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5  
What guitar do you have?
Iggy
Apr 14 2007, 08:45 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Apr 11 2007, 03:40 PM) *
Hey iggy, do you find a difference between your 2 strats? I have a '92 Stat Plus w/ Lace pups (American I think), but its sustain is bad - I like the Fender sound for some stuff and was thinking that I should have maybe an Eric Johnson model in my dream collection, but wouldn't bother if it is just the same as the one I have in terms of sustain and sound.

Hi Andrew.

There are differences between the strats.

Sustain is better on '93 strat (I think that is because 'o6 Deluxe have Cobalt noiseless PU which are quieter than standard fender PU's on '93 strat), but it's not even close to sustain on my Les Paul.

The sound is much more different. '93 have louder, more agressive sound. I only have '06 for 2 months so I didn't played it much, but it has more options to the sound because of S1 switch.

I tried a lot of stratocasters and they all sound different even with the same specs so I think You should try the guitar if You can.

I like Eric Johnson strat too. I didn't tried it so can't tell You how it sounds.

Hope I helped You. smile.gif

Cheers

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Apr 14 2007, 09:27 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (Iggy @ Apr 14 2007, 03:45 PM) *
Hi Andrew.

There are differences between the strats.

Sustain is better on '93 strat (I think that is because 'o6 Deluxe have Cobalt noiseless PU which are quieter than standard fender PU's on '93 strat), but it's not even close to sustain on my Les Paul.

The sound is much more different. '93 have louder, more agressive sound. I only have '06 for 2 months so I didn't played it much, but it has more options to the sound because of S1 switch.

I tried a lot of stratocasters and they all sound different even with the same specs so I think You should try the guitar if You can.

I like Eric Johnson strat too. I didn't tried it so can't tell You how it sounds.

Hope I helped You. smile.gif

Cheers

Thanks Iggy, that helped a lot smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Blacklabelsociet...
Apr 16 2007, 07:08 AM
QUOTE (Guitar Master123 @ Jan 5 2007, 05:10 AM) *
So everybody who has replied has an SG but me. Should I get one? I don't have much money. sad.gif

Ya know what, you shouldnt feel bad! The SG has the killer stylings and Rock god Angus Young made it so popular! I wanted a Black Fender Strat because Eric Clapton had one. A Red Squier Strat was given to me as a gift so what I did was Dropped $150 bucks on the noisless pick ups. The hardware may not be the same as what was put on the Fender Clapton strat but im not complaining. Then I wanted a Les Paul because of guys like SLASH and ZAKK WYLDE. I got the Epiphone version a mod it as close to theirs as possible. Ya see, what many of the active musicians told me is that some of the new stuff made by Epiphone and Squier are more quality than the ones who have like say mid 90's or 80's model guitars. Hey, we're not rich either. Some of us have to work for a living. I'd like to drop 1500 bucks on a lovely Gibson Les Paul Classic but hey, the one I use as my main player is good enough! And it performs well too. You can take my advice or do what the guy said. Shop around and read reviews! Check out the actual guitar and compare!!!! Thats how I got mine! And I couldnt be anymore greatful!! Hope this helps!!!!

+Quote Post
GuitarDude
Apr 20 2007, 10:29 PM
I got a Charvel/jackson from 80´s dun know what model! xP btw its the best guitar ive ever played on!

+Quote Post
Melinda
Apr 21 2007, 03:47 PM
Les Paul Studio wink.gif

+Quote Post
brandon
Apr 24 2007, 12:16 AM
Gibson SG special with replacement 57' classics and an American Telecaster with a replacement bridge plate and Seymour Duncan SH-6 humbucker in the bridge. I'm a lefty, so unfortunitely most of the guitars I've ever wanted are nearly impossible to find left handed and if you can they're 3-4 times the prices.

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
Apr 24 2007, 01:12 AM
I have a squier strat(yeah i know its not ideal but it gets the job done and i like it), an ashland acoustic and a hamer jazz bass.

This post has been edited by Guitarman700: Apr 24 2007, 01:13 AM

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Marshall MG10KK Kerry King 10 Watt

+Quote Post
Lurgen
Apr 24 2007, 01:31 AM
I started with an el-cheapo SX strat-clone, moved on to a Fender USA Highway 1 Stratocaster (what a mouthful), and grabbed myself a Fender Dreadnaught electric accoustic for strengthening my fingers.

The SX isn't too bad, but the Highway 1 is just brilliant. Unfortunately it's back in the shop being looked at after it developed a rather nasty buzz.

I'm already contemplating my next acquisition, wavering between either a Maton or a Variax. The Variax appeals because of it's flexability, but the Maton is just plain gorgeous.

--------------------
Guitars: Fender American Vintage 1957 Stratocaster, Fender American Highway One, Maton MS2000 Deluxe
Amps: Fender Hotrod Deluxe, Roland Cube 60, Fender Frontman 25R
Effects: Boss BD-2, OS-2, DD-20, TU-2

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:06 PM