3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
where in the world are we?
BollyRotten
Dec 18 2006, 01:33 AM
GMC:er
I dont know if this is the right forum to post this in as we dont seem to have an off topic or general chat forum.
Im amazed by how far Guitar masterclass has spread around the world.(maybe i have lived a sheltered life lol) Kris did you think your teaching would have gone so far? (delete this thread if you think its not relevant) I have seen people on here as far away as kula lumpar.
So guys what country are you from, lets see just how worldwide our comunity is!

Im from Coventry England. and in a straight line using google earths ruler tool im 891 miles (1435 km) from Stockholm Sweden. (google earth is fantastic!) biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
I need more fingers!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Rob_g
Dec 18 2006, 02:49 AM
Im very suprised how well this site is going also. I still remember what this site use to look like, and this site has improved drasticley.

And im pretty sure where ever guitar players are found,

are also found on this site.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Dec 18 2006, 08:13 AM
GMC Founder
Stockholm, Sweden

Wouldn't want to delete this thread - it's a shame we haven't had it earlier! biggrin.gif

I am really curious on where people are coming from. In case someone missed it, I am from Sweden!

I am glad you guys think the site has been moving in the right direction - just as with my playing, I like to set high goals! And you know what - I think we will see even more improvements here!

Kris
[Off to create an off-topic board]

--------------------

+Quote Post
RIP Dime
Dec 18 2006, 08:18 AM
Oahu, Hawaii, I've lived all over the island.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
fretdancer
Dec 18 2006, 09:46 AM
I'm from Nottingham in England - Robin Hood country.
I actually live in Sherwood Forest! (though thats probably not what you think it is !! lol)

Nottingham is smack bang in the middle of England (we dont play much surf music here)

--------------------
its not easy
banging your head against some mad buggers wall.
Variax 300. Pod XTL & Crate amp
some of my recordings are here: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/petergb/

+Quote Post
fretdancer
Dec 18 2006, 10:02 AM
I vote that if we ever have a group " get together", its where Rip lives - he lives in the coolest place on the board - where as Kris lives in the coldest place !!

--------------------
its not easy

+Quote Post
BollyRotten
Dec 18 2006, 10:03 AM
Well done Kris, For a minute this morning i thought you had deleted this thread! then saw the off topic board and thought bloody hell did i miss that last night? judging by your post mate i guess i didnt lol. I was on the whisky at the time!
On a tropical fish forum that i use regulary they use a site called frapper.com to put place marks over the world from where you come from so it gives you a visual picture of ujst how far reaching the community is.
If people are interested in the distances I will measure it all for you off google earth.

--------------------
I need more fingers!

+Quote Post
RIP Dime
Dec 18 2006, 12:26 PM
QUOTE (fretdancer @ Dec 18 2006, 10:02 AM) *
I vote that if we ever have a group " get together", its where Rip lives - he lives in the coolest place on the board - where as Kris lives in the coldest place !!

LOL, yeah sure! It's a bitterly cold Winter here, 77F-25C days, 62F-16.6C nights wink.gif . I think those conversions are right blink.gif .

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
fretdancer
Dec 18 2006, 12:37 PM
QUOTE (RIP Dime @ Dec 18 2006, 11:26 AM) *
LOL, yeah sure! It's a bitterly cold Winter here, 77F-25C days, 62F-16.6C nights wink.gif . I think those conversions are right blink.gif .

You don't even know what a coat is do you ??? ....lol
you should try playing a guitar in one - even my guitar is wearing a coat right now.
(not entirely true actually as we are having the mildest winter ever)

--------------------
its not easy

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Dec 18 2006, 12:41 PM
GMC Founder
Nothing is more frustrating than coming from the cold trying to pull off some fast licks - it can take as much as an hour of warm up when it's really cold here... My solution: Go outside as seldom as possible! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
RIP Dime
Dec 18 2006, 12:43 PM
QUOTE (fretdancer @ Dec 18 2006, 12:37 PM) *
You don't even know what a coat is do you ??? ....lol
you should try playing a guitar in one - even my guitar is wearing a coat right now.
(not entirely true actually as we are having the mildest winter ever)

A coat? unsure.gif Is that some device that makes you play guitar faster or something? tongue.gif lol
Seriously, I go to school in February, in shorts and a sleeveless shirt. Windy as heck here though, and the recent earthquakes are wierd wacko.gif .

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
BollyRotten
Dec 18 2006, 02:10 PM
LOL you guys are funny.
I hate the cold and the dark mornings i get up for work at 7am its still nighttime bloody stars in the sky, and by 4pm its the same again. I finish work at 6! so hardly see the daylight hours at this time of year.
Id love to live on Hawaii, I tell you RIP DIME lives so very far way man. hey you ever been to europe mate?

--------------------
I need more fingers!

+Quote Post
RIP Dime
Dec 18 2006, 02:23 PM
I've always wanted to go to Europe, there is so much music history there, and history in general. I've only gone to the continental US a couple times. But I went to Australia when I was about ten, right around the time I got into metal, I think it was the adventure of going there and climbing Ularu(I think that's how you spell it?), that sparked my interest for adventurous music biggrin.gif .

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Rvddps
Dec 18 2006, 04:56 PM
Edinburgh, Scotland

God, i love it up here. I really have no aspriations to live anywhere else (doesn't mean i dont want to visit other places though tongue.gif)

+Quote Post
PickNGrin
Dec 18 2006, 11:26 PM
Cleveland, Ohio USA
The Rock capital of the world! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
JivinJosh
Dec 19 2006, 04:10 AM
I come from Tamworth Australia's country music capital. We have about 50,000 people in Tamworth and a big Golden Guitar thats about it. anybody else come from Australia.

+Quote Post
CJNE
Dec 19 2006, 12:00 PM
I'm in Söderhamn about 280km north of Stockholm (Sweden).
Yupp it's sometimes cold but i enjoy cross-contry skiing (have to make the best of the situation smile.gif ).

+Quote Post
erik
Dec 19 2006, 01:02 PM
I live outside of Oslo in Norway.
If anyone think so: norway is not the capital of sweeden! mellow.gif

This post has been edited by erik: Dec 19 2006, 01:03 PM

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Dec 19 2006, 01:53 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (erik @ Dec 19 2006, 03:02 PM) *

I am not entirely convinced - I though it was a province.

Either way - we do have ice-bears on the street, right??

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
fretdancer
Dec 19 2006, 02:15 PM
QUOTE (erik @ Dec 19 2006, 12:02 PM) *

I think I may have been at the award ceremony where Slartibartfast won an award for the design of the Fjords on the Norwgian coastline... I cant remember now - it was about 35 billion years ago.

--------------------
its not easy

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 06:02 AM