2x 10 Watt Amps As Studio Monitors
Tomas Santa Clar...
Aug 26 2009, 03:23 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hey guys
i was trying a few days to get a nice sound out of my """""home studio"""""""
and i am in a preety tight budget and then the idea came to me :

why not get one of these babys

i already have one, so il spend only 90 euro on another one.

so my idea is:

Guitar-->PodXt Live-->Computer-->PodXt Live--> Left and Right outputs-->Left Amp , Right Amp

what do you think?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Tomas Santa Clara: Aug 26 2009, 03:25 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
enforcer
Aug 26 2009, 03:51 PM
GMC:er
Man I am sorry but this isnt a very good idea as guitar amps generally have a really narrow frequency response... And they tend to color the sound a lot... You wont be able to make decent mixes with those I guess...

My advice on that is cut from everything, buy at least a pair of decent studio reference monitors, this is to say, you know if you dont have a condenser mic, and you use a dynamic mic instead, you'll be very limited for the quality of vocal recording etc, but it can be compensated using some techniques, but you can never and never compensate the act of actually hearing a colored and inadequate output when you try to make at least a decent mix....

Maybe you should try M-Audio Bx series or Event Tr6 etc, or even go for Behringer... biggrin.gif

Hope this helps...

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

incoming spoiler read it at your own risk!

Spoiler:

Vigier G.V Wood HH
American Stratocaster Maple Standart with X2N bridge pickups
Samwick Artist custom modified Baswood Lespaul with S.Duncan JB and N56 pickups
Self made Fretless Strat type made of Rosewood/Maple with self wound Neck and Ibanez V8 Bridge Pickups
Floor Pod 2.0 Amp Simulation System
Pod Xt Pro Rack Amp Simulation System
Digitech TSR 12 Rack Effect and Studio Reverb
Behringer Composer Rack Compressor Expander
Morley Bad Horsie Wah Pedal
Behringer FB1010 Floor Board

it, surely, spoiled me!!!

and may the force be with you :)

+Quote Post
Tomas Santa Clar...
Aug 26 2009, 04:00 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (enforcer @ Aug 26 2009, 03:51 PM) *
Man I am sorry but this isnt a very good idea as guitar amps generally have a really narrow frequency response... And they tend to color the sound a lot... You wont be able to make decent mixes with those I guess...

My advice on that is cut from everything, buy at least a pair of decent studio reference monitors, this is to say, you know if you dont have a condenser mic, and you use a dynamic mic instead, you'll be very limited for the quality of vocal recording etc, but it can be compensated using some techniques, but you can never and never compensate the act of actually hearing a colored and inadequate output when you try to make at least a decent mix....

Maybe you should try M-Audio Bx series or Event Tr6 etc, or even go for Behringer... biggrin.gif

Hope this helps...

hmmm ok

i gotta check those out

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Aug 26 2009, 09:04 PM
Instructor
Definitely not, guitar amps are not intended for monitoring, they are very midrange focused and don't give the clear sound picture at all. Not intended for that. save some more money and invest in some good entry level monitor speakers like M-Audio Studiophile SB-5B

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
MickeM
Aug 26 2009, 11:38 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
I'm with all of the above.
For the €90 you can buy Samson's entry monitors; don't recall the model name. Which will sound so much better and work good when you're mixing your songs

+Quote Post
Marc_Maiden
Aug 27 2009, 02:43 AM
GMC:er
hey i have a great suggestion for you!!

tech 21 makes amps now that are just power amps with speakers! you plug your pod straight through! really cool idea...search musiciansfriend.com for them! they arent too expensive

--------------------
- Marc
Current Set up:
Atomic Reactor 2x12 Cab/power amp with a Digitech rp1000 as a preamp
Schecter c1 plus electric guitar

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Aug 28 2009, 10:53 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
As everyone said above this is actually not good idea at all. You should browse for some entry level studio monitors (Active ones). Any of those should give you a much better sound quality then using those amps.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 06:13 PM