5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >  
Dean Guitars., i just dont get it.
Pavel
Feb 17 2008, 10:32 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ZakkWylde @ Feb 17 2008, 10:27 PM) *
Rusty signature is still not there Pavel?!

Unfortunately not! May is the next deadline they set...i hope they will keep it real. You would already know if i had it here wink.gif

@at lights end : yeah i ordered one - waiting for them to get in stores across the world.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Pavel: Feb 17 2008, 10:33 PM

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tjchep
Feb 17 2008, 11:09 PM
GMC:er
Well, I'm thinking..

Birth Day's in may, so.. do you want my address? I'll pay for shipping if thats fine with you..

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my playing here - https://www.youtube.com/user/tjchep

+Quote Post
RIP Dime
Feb 17 2008, 11:55 PM
QUOTE (Guitarman700 @ Feb 17 2008, 09:16 PM) *
Seriously, for $1,100 a razorback should be made in the U.S.A and have an original floyd rose, not some crappy tremolo arm made in china by prepubescent children shackled to chairs working for 12 cents an hour.
Edit:all those artists are playing on custom shop models. maybe dean should just cater to pros!

Or at least Japan, I'm not happy at all with Dean's Dimebag line of guitars, they are way overpriced because Dime had a huge endorsement deal with Dean right before he passed(I think it was some sort of record), and Dime's estate gets a big cut of what you pay(compared to other sig models). Dime did design the Razorback ML and Razorback V, but now Dean are making guitars that aren't even designed by Dime, and selling them in the Dimebag Darrell line of guitars. I do think they should lay off over advertising Dime, but Dime's partner of over 20 years is fine with it so I'm not going to boycott Dean just yet.

That said, I own two Deans, a TEVO(220$), and a Vendetta 4F(700$). I would recommend that any guitar player give them a try. I don't own a Dimebag line guitar, or a ML, I've only ever tried a 79 series ML(469$), and felt good for the price, but the Dean pointies are HUGE!! I would personally not buy one, but I know some bigger dudes that love the size. I think too many people focus on Deans pointy guitars, especially the Razorbacks because they are so eye catching, those Deans are meant to be huge and obnoxious so you get noticed on stage(look at the freaking headstock!).

I don't think enough attention is given to their Vendetta, EVO, Soltero, and Hardtail models, they are great guitars, and are fairly priced IMO.

Where did you play the guitars? Really the only reason I see that any guitars would break every time they are played is if they are set up poorly, or not set up at all.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
KloCkWorXx
Feb 18 2008, 12:36 AM
my dean sounds nice as hell and is the most comfortable of mine to play, n i dig the v neck.. and if you wanna put a real floyd rose on u just have to change the mounts.. but i dont see a diff from my real floyd to liscensed floyd

--------------------
My gear:
epi zakk wylde
ec 1000 cherry
js 100 w dimarzios
dean from hell
5150 half stack
micro cube
Effects: boss delay dd-6, EH small clone chorus, Wylde Wah, Heil talkbox, Boss super overdrive, Rp 250
NS2 Noise Suppressor, DOD YJM308 Yngwie Malmsteen Overdrive

+Quote Post
RIP Dime
Feb 18 2008, 12:53 AM
QUOTE (KloCkWorXx @ Feb 18 2008, 12:36 AM) *
my dean sounds nice as hell and is the most comfortable of mine to play, n i dig the v neck.. and if you wanna put a real floyd rose on u just have to change the mounts.. but i dont see a diff from my real floyd to liscensed floyd

Yea man, I have a guitar with an OFR, and Dean's LFR is just as stable as the OFR, the only difference I is the pop in arm, and my LFR's is a screw in arm.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
KloCkWorXx
Feb 18 2008, 12:57 AM
i prefer the screw in arm... stays where i wanna keep it... with the pop in always gotta change those brushings kinda gets annoying

--------------------
My gear:
epi zakk wylde
ec 1000 cherry
js 100 w dimarzios
dean from hell
5150 half stack
micro cube
Effects: boss delay dd-6, EH small clone chorus, Wylde Wah, Heil talkbox, Boss super overdrive, Rp 250
NS2 Noise Suppressor, DOD YJM308 Yngwie Malmsteen Overdrive

+Quote Post
Pavel
Feb 18 2008, 10:34 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Tjchep @ Feb 17 2008, 11:09 PM) *
Well, I'm thinking..Birth Day's in may, so.. do you want my address? I'll pay for shipping if thats fine with you..

You may also want to take the rest of the price on your expense?? tongue.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

+Quote Post
Goliath
Feb 18 2008, 01:37 PM
I wasn't impressed with the deans I played, and I know that they set up their guitars at the Sam Ash I was playing them at. I played a razorback and a V (not a razorback V, just a V) and neither guitar really grabbed me. The neck on the V was too slow because of the thick lacquer.

--------------------
"King V" enthusiast

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Feb 18 2008, 01:55 PM
Get to da Chopper!
Havent played a dean- would love to though as some of them are rather good looking wink.gif

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
Feb 18 2008, 02:46 PM
Anyone who thinks a licensed floyd rose is as good as an American made official floyd rose needs a trip to a chinese factory.

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Marshall MG10KK Kerry King 10 Watt

+Quote Post
Pavel
Feb 18 2008, 02:49 PM
Instructor
"Licensed" is not the same as "original" but on most guitars you meet a "Licensed" Floyd Rose.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
Feb 18 2008, 02:51 PM
Exactly. like i said, the floyds dean uses are complete crap. if you find a good one, your a very lucky person.

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Marshall MG10KK Kerry King 10 Watt

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Feb 18 2008, 02:53 PM
QUOTE (Guitarman700 @ Feb 18 2008, 01:51 PM) *
Exactly. like i said, the floyds dean uses are complete crap. if you find a good one, your a very lucky person.

My Floyd Rose is licensed but a really great one. I actually prefer it to the real ones. At least I think it's licensed. It is on my Caparison TAT2. Great guitar but 1700 pound. Well worth it though.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Pavel
Feb 18 2008, 02:57 PM
Instructor
It is engraved on the floyd saying "licensed" or "original" so it's easy to check wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Feb 18 2008, 02:58 PM
QUOTE (Pavel @ Feb 18 2008, 01:57 PM) *
It is engraved on the floyd saying "licensed" or "original" so it's easy to check wink.gif

I will check when I'm home. My friend got a guitar with a Floyd Rose on it and it said on the floyd rose "Licnsed Floyd Rost" lol. And no spelling mistake by me. That is what it said biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by OrganisedConfusion: Feb 18 2008, 02:59 PM

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic

+Quote Post
Pavel
Feb 18 2008, 03:00 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Feb 18 2008, 02:58 PM) *
I will check when I'm home. My friend got a guitar with a Floyd Rose on it and it said on the floyd rose "Licnsed Floyd Rost" lol. And no spelling mistake by me. That is what it said biggrin.gif

Hahahaha man that's a good one! laugh.gif Did he even look at the guitar before buying it?? laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Feb 18 2008, 03:03 PM
QUOTE (Pavel @ Feb 18 2008, 02:00 PM) *
Hahahaha man that's a good one! laugh.gif Did he even look at the guitar before buying it?? laugh.gif laugh.gif

He's a drummer normally biggrin.gif It was only 150 pound at least. Many laughs had by the band though smile.gif

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
Melvyn
Feb 25 2008, 12:27 AM
Hey Pavel, how much is your RC7 costing you, is it the USA Custom or mass produced one?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pavel
Feb 25 2008, 10:20 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Melvyn @ Feb 25 2008, 12:27 AM) *
Hey Pavel, how much is your RC7 costing you, is it the USA Custom or mass produced one?

It's 1900$ - USA Custom is only built for Rusty himself. The "mass" model is built in J-Custom shops so i don't have to worry about the quality of it wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Feb 25 2008, 12:03 PM
Instructor
I've only tried one or two of the lower priced Dean's in the local musicstores.. but my first impression by the 10 minutes i used it wasnt that bad.

Played good and felt ok. But i thought the similar priced Ibanez models were far better.

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 09:41 AM