Amp/effects Used In Lessons
Bondy
Apr 14 2008, 12:59 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi just a suggestion but iam absolutely rubbish at making my own decent sounds out of my effects unit and amps i see loads of lessons and think yes thats the tone i want.Then try for ages to get that sound cant and then get really frustrated.So heres my suggestion would it be possible for instructors to put what effects they are using in the text below the lesson iam sure iam not the only one who would like this.I know that some of you use pods and the like you dont have to put the lot down just the basics iam sure you would get less posts on your boards also with people asking how did you get that tone etc etc.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
www.minorglance.com
www.facebook.com/minorglance
www.facbook.com/majorlookband
www.twiter.com/minorglance
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Apr 14 2008, 01:07 PM
Get to da Chopper!
This has been suggested before - and i think it is a prety cool idea. I know some instructors have them posted "at some place" on the site whether it is the forum or in one of their lessons..but seems it's already there hopefully it wouldnt be too much effort to copy that information down into the bottom of the text of a main video.

This way is especially friendly to the newer users who haven't seen these threads/lessons that contain this information.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Bondy
Apr 14 2008, 01:11 PM
Learning Roadie
I must have missed this hardly seen any the odd one dotted around but not alot under the video would be so much better then just trawling through the forums

--------------------
www.minorglance.com

+Quote Post
MickeM
Apr 14 2008, 01:13 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
That's a very good suggestion I think. Maybe there could be a template to display, like;

If miked:
amp used
amp settings
speaker
mike(s) used
mike(s) position

If soundinterface:
sound interface used
selected presets
settings

Recording program used:

Guitar used:
guitar model
Pickup position
Pickups model

...well, there's a lot of information to get the picture of how the sound is produced. I'm sure the instructors would know what's needed in a template form. And maybe if each instructor always use the same settings the template could just be pasted into th elesson page to avoid more work.

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Apr 14 2008, 01:16 PM
GMC Founder
This is an excellent suggestion - this could easily be copy and pasted from lesson to lesson when the settings are the same! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bondy
Apr 14 2008, 01:23 PM
Learning Roadie
Thanks for the quick turn around on this thought this might go unnoticed.I'am positive this would also help instructors out in the long run with less questions on there boards about tone and settings and will also stop me from moaning biggrin.gif

--------------------
www.minorglance.com

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Apr 14 2008, 01:41 PM
Moderation Policy Director
I suggested this a year ago and everyone told me it wouldn't work huh.gif

So of course, I think its a cool idea smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Bondy
Apr 14 2008, 01:45 PM
Learning Roadie
LMAO Andrew I think that shows how far GMC has come in a year and what a great job is being done by all to make GMC an even better place to learn guitar.

--------------------
www.minorglance.com

+Quote Post
MickeM
Apr 14 2008, 01:58 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Apr 14 2008, 02:41 PM) *
I suggested this a year ago and everyone told me it wouldn't work huh.gif

I think that was personal and not related to the idea itself.... unsure.gif

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Apr 14 2008, 02:04 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
QUOTE (MickeM @ Apr 14 2008, 01:58 PM) *
I think that was personal and not related to the idea itself.... unsure.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif sorry Andrew that tickled me! I wouldnt believe that for a single second smile.gif

This post has been edited by Smells: Apr 14 2008, 02:06 PM

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
Robwylde
Apr 14 2008, 02:06 PM
GMC:er
This would be fantastic. I think that the tone is a big part of the lesson. Sounding good starts with our playing, but it only gets better with the tone and effects we're using. This would only make GMC that much better and well rounded!

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Apr 14 2008, 06:27 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
This is a great suggestion! I always write about my setup in lessons, and seen some other instructors doing the same..But I think it would be best to make a certain template which we can fill out when writing lesson descriptions smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Apr 14 2008, 08:06 PM
Instructor
Very useful feature that would be. I always write what I use if it is important. If not, people can always come and ask me on my board how do I get the sound and for tips how to make their own sound

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Apr 15 2008, 03:00 AM
Instructor
+1 Bondy,I still haven't done this but I will from now on. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Slammer
Apr 15 2008, 03:25 AM
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Apr 14 2008, 08:41 AM) *
I suggested this a year ago and everyone told me it wouldn't work huh.gif ....

Well, if it makes you feel any better, I was the first to have the Idea for Video theory lessons-About a year ago... but there still aren't any tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif

I know, I know, you're working on it rolleyes.gif

smile.gif

+Quote Post
Unleash-The-Shre...
Apr 15 2008, 03:34 AM
I like this idea also.

+Quote Post
Maximus
Apr 15 2008, 03:49 AM
Great idea Bondy!

Awful idea Andrew. biggrin.gif

--------------------

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard, Ibanez rg 750, Ibanez Mikro, Washburn Acoustic
Amps: Crate GX 1600 1/2 Stack, Line 6 Spider 2, Vintage Kustom Tube Head
Effects: Line 6 POD X3 Live, Line 6 PocketPod
Misc: Line 6 FBV Express Foot Switch/Volume/Wah-Wah Pedal

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Apr 15 2008, 05:54 AM
Instructor
Very good idea smile.gif
I'll start doing it from now on.

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
Bondy
Apr 15 2008, 08:44 AM
Learning Roadie
Great idea Bondy!

Awful idea Andrew

Max your cracking me up laugh.gif laugh.gif dont do it you may send Andrew over the edge

--------------------
www.minorglance.com

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 10:13 PM