9 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Elhombre Guitar Mentoring
Alex Feather
Jun 19 2012, 07:21 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Jun 17 2012, 11:05 PM) *
Hey, I messed up my previous schedule lets start a new one. I think I can set 3 hours guitar practice a day.

Things to work on:

Theory
New Song
Alex tasks
Cosmin tasks
My own tasks.

I got a summer break from IRL teatcher so no more of that right now.
It should be clear what to do, but it isnt.

I think I need more help than just "30 min theory", or Im going to end up doing nothing tongue.gif
I know we cant set up a schedule each day, but some directions maybe.

What I am doing now:

Theory: Going through the circle of fifths and harmonizing. Cosmin has spoken about the importance of singing note etc.
As previoustly mentioned I am secure in knowing what names the notes have up to the 5 th fret, I dont know which methode to use to furthermore be secure all over the fretboard. I need also to learn all the major modes. How do you practice scales? root to root? Or do you play different major modes always starting on low E?

New song: Exchanging some rythmic ideas with cosmin, trying to do some cool arpeggios.

Alex tasks: Going to continue your solo over Sunny.

Cosmin: Drop tune guitar and learn Marco sfogli lesson:

My Own tasks: Here is where I end up and acheiving nothing. Transcribing and learning both Andromeda by Marco sfogli and She goes by, Muris varajic. Also doing some work on this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYM864IOTs8...feature=g-all-c
what to focus on?

I dont know really how I end up just jamming over a few tracks tongue.gif Need more structure

So here is the trick about organizing your practice routine based on 3 hours a day!

I would start and end with the theory if it's too much you will get tired faster and it will be hard to concentrate
Also I would suggest to incorporate theory studying into your playing I found this to be the fastest way to master theory! Using this technique you will be practicing theory for 3 hours a day and playing guitar at the same time!
Instead of sitting with books for hours try to analyze songs you are working on and really get what is going on there!
Another good idea is to set up an alarm and make sure your won't get up until it goes off! Don't do more than an hour at a time and after take 10 - 15 minute break!

So here is what I came up with:
My own tasks. 1 hour
Start with your own tasks because that is how you can develop your own style but don't spend this hour just noodling try to record solos and songs etc.
Theory 30 minutes
New Song 30 minutes
It's always important to learn something new all the time so try to do it as much as you can!
Alex tasks 30 minutes
My tasks are very simple and what I am giving you is mostly jamming and playing the scales, so actually what is happening you are learning theory, scales and working on your own style at the same time! so you can add it to "My own tasks" section
Cosmin tasks 30 minutes
Let me know if you have any questions or need help!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Jun 20 2012, 07:35 PM
Learning Rock Star
okey, check my previous post. What can we say about my proceeding of our jam?
Well the sound wasnt so fusion and not so close to yours, i didnt really capture your style either.

I used A minor scale and a minor pentatonic at some part. what can we say about my solo?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jun 21 2012, 06:34 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Jun 19 2012, 12:30 PM) *
http://soundcloud.com/erik93/elhombre2

Here is my proceeding on our sunny jam. But first we can deal with the practice routine smile.gif

You did a good job with the solo!
I would suggest a few things!
1) Take a some distortion off and try to get drive from your hands instead of putting gain all the way up! That will help you develop your dynamic very fast!
2) Try to keep it lees busy! The trick is to build it up little at a time so less notes you will play better build up we will get!
3) Your bends are out of pitch! I will create a very cool exercise that will help you with bending very very fast!
You did a very good job! And I think playing less in the beginning will make a big difference!

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jul 14 2012, 05:46 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Jun 20 2012, 06:35 PM) *
okey, check my previous post. What can we say about my proceeding of our jam?
Well the sound wasnt so fusion and not so close to yours, i didnt really capture your style either.

I used A minor scale and a minor pentatonic at some part. what can we say about my solo?

Hello! I just wanted to follow up and see how are you doing! smile.gif

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Jul 15 2012, 12:08 AM
Learning Rock Star
Hi alex, im praticing quite many things now smile.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...ck-ballad-solo/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Iced-Earth-Style/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYM864IOTs8...feature=g-all-c

Maybe I could use some assitance tongue.gif Im also doing excercises in a book i got from my teatcher.
I want to learn fusion to smile.gif one of my favorite styles even though Im a beginner.

Im practicing some quite hard lessons, but I like challenges and it helps me evolve.
Its just a few licks in them that gets me stuck ohmy.gif

This post has been edited by ElHombre: Jul 15 2012, 12:09 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jul 16 2012, 04:42 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Jul 14 2012, 11:08 PM) *
Hi alex, im praticing quite many things now smile.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...ck-ballad-solo/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Iced-Earth-Style/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYM864IOTs8...feature=g-all-c

Maybe I could use some assitance tongue.gif Im also doing excercises in a book i got from my teatcher.
I want to learn fusion to smile.gif one of my favorite styles even though Im a beginner.

Im practicing some quite hard lessons, but I like challenges and it helps me evolve.
Its just a few licks in them that gets me stuck ohmy.gif

Nice you are learning some great lessons! What can I help you with? What parts you are stuck on?
Also learning licks is very easy! What you have to do is to memorize it and just start using it every time you jam! Even if you are just playing a pentatonic up and down use the lick try to even overuse it! This way it will become your own very fast! smile.gif

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Jul 16 2012, 10:47 PM
Learning Rock Star
Lesson part 8 of the Rock ballad! that is a diffcult lick. Its hard to play on my fender or esp, but on the ibanez it work thanks to the jumbo frets.

And im trying to get my right hand to understand the gallop rythm of the Iced earth style. Its a good technique to know. D,D,U,D
Also I meant im a beginner in fusion/jazz not in guitar overall I have played for 10 years smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jul 17 2012, 06:01 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Jul 16 2012, 09:47 PM) *
Lesson part 8 of the Rock ballad! that is a diffcult lick. Its hard to play on my fender or esp, but on the ibanez it work thanks to the jumbo frets.

And im trying to get my right hand to understand the gallop rythm of the Iced earth style. Its a good technique to know. D,D,U,D
Also I meant im a beginner in fusion/jazz not in guitar overall I have played for 10 years smile.gif

I have a plan! How about we will start getting into improvisation? It will be like a collab but one on one and I will be playing as well to give you ideas! What would you say?

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Jul 19 2012, 12:47 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Jul 17 2012, 05:01 AM) *
I have a plan! How about we will start getting into improvisation? It will be like a collab but one on one and I will be playing as well to give you ideas! What would you say?

Its a good idea, its cool to do a jam collab with an instructor smile.gif We already did in "sunny".
It was fun, but when playing fusion I only take myself around the a minor scale (Am is the key in sunny)
and I would like to learn some more cooler tricks and play in changes too.

So my guess is you could teach me as we do some jam, I didnt really grip it what you said, maybe we can sort it out smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jul 20 2012, 06:26 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Jul 19 2012, 11:47 AM) *
Its a good idea, its cool to do a jam collab with an instructor smile.gif We already did in "sunny".
It was fun, but when playing fusion I only take myself around the a minor scale (Am is the key in sunny)

So my guess is you could teach me as we do some jam, I didnt really grip it what you said, maybe we can sort it out smile.gif

We actually didn't really do "Sunny" yet
The whole purpose is not just to jam but also work on some new techniques and scales!

You did a good job with the solo!
I would suggest a few things!
1) Take a some distortion off and try to get drive from your hands instead of putting gain all the way up! That will help you develop your dynamic very fast!
2) Try to keep it lees busy! The trick is to build it up little at a time so less notes you will play better build up we will get!
3) Your bends are out of pitch! I will create a very cool exercise that will help you with bending very very fast!
You did a very good job! And I think playing less in the beginning will make a big difference!
I would like you to try using my suggestion and try to develop solo in "Sunny"
Let me know if you have any questions or need help!

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jul 23 2012, 06:10 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Jul 19 2012, 11:47 AM) *

Hi! I just wanted to follow up and see how are you doing! Let me know if you have any questions or need help!

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Jul 24 2012, 09:01 PM
Learning Rock Star
i will do a new take on sunny soon smile.gif Tonight is too hot for playing! cant even be inside

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jul 25 2012, 06:43 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Jul 24 2012, 08:01 PM) *
i will do a new take on sunny soon smile.gif Tonight is too hot for playing! cant even be inside

Sounds great! I am looking forward to hear it! smile.gif

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Aug 6 2012, 01:36 PM
Learning Rock Star
http://soundcloud.com/erik93/sunny-take-2
Here I chose a more softer approach, working on some things u mentioned.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Aug 6 2012, 06:44 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Aug 6 2012, 12:36 PM) *

You did very good! A few timing issues but some melodies were great! And your phrasing is much better since I first heard you play! Good job!
I will add my track in a few hours and will give you a new assignment! smile.gif
Keep it up!

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Aug 7 2012, 12:33 PM
Learning Rock Star
I have always had timing issues with this song. I dont know really how to tackle it
When I improvise I just feel the beat and play and dont think too much.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Aug 7 2012, 05:48 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Aug 7 2012, 11:33 AM) *
I have always had timing issues with this song. I dont know really how to tackle it
When I improvise I just feel the beat and play and dont think too much.

I will create a few rhythm exercises for you based on this track! Give me a few hours!

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Aug 8 2012, 09:17 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Aug 6 2012, 12:36 PM) *

Can you please make the track downloadable so I can add a new assignment! smile.gif
Thanks!

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Aug 11 2012, 07:22 PM
Learning Rock Star
Done!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Aug 11 2012, 10:52 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Aug 11 2012, 06:22 PM) *
Done!

So for the next challenge I will limit you with the notes and octaves! smile.gif

All you have is three notes and you have to compensate using interesting rhythm figures!
Those are the notes you are allowed to use:

Nothing else!
I did my track to give you ideas
http://soundcloud.com/alex-feather-akimov/elhombre
Let me know if you have any questions or need help with anything!

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:39 PM