Band Or With Different People ?
Vinod Saranga
May 7 2008, 02:48 PM
Acoustic Instructor
Hey Guys
Are you playing in a band or playing with different people?
I have been playing both .
But Now I have chosen to play in one band rather than playing here and there.
Because when playing with others I have to play different instrument eachtime
They say " Ok play lead guitar ,Play drums this time,play base, keyboard... "
I feel that I am to fill the blank of others. sad.gif
And the most important thing is that performance is not so good due to the lack of practise.I believe and have experienced that eventhough very talented people gather to play in a musical show ,if they have never practise together the performance looks like begginners' one.

So that I started a new permanant band with few of my friends and playing only with them ( Hopefully one instrument - lead guitar laugh.gif )

I'd really  like to know your ideas and experiences.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
May 7 2008, 02:53 PM
Instructor
I play in a band primarily, but did some work outside too, and agree that practice is always very important in order to play everything perfect.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Vinod Saranga
May 7 2008, 03:01 PM
Acoustic Instructor
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ May 7 2008, 07:23 PM) *
I play in a band primarily, but did some work outside too, and agree that practice is always very important in order to play everything perfect.

It's Pleasure to have your opinion smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
May 8 2008, 12:28 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
I'm playing in band , and I like it that way... smile.gif
And yes bend members need to play and practice together in order to sound good as a band smile.gif
Bands need to sound good as a blend of all the instruments .. smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
May 8 2008, 10:25 AM
Instructor (Blind Guardian)
For me it is also the band, I have never really been a session guy. Bands have to grow together by playing together, practicing together, writing together, if you constantly play with different people you will miss this, even though new people can show you new things and give you new input too of course.

--------------------
Guitars: various Gibson Les Pauls / Gibson J 45
Amps: Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier / Triaxis / 2:90 Poweramp / Rectocabs
Effects: Rocktron Intellifex / Rocktron Xpression
Homepage: www.marcussiepen.com www.blind-guardian.com
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
MickeM
May 8 2008, 10:34 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (Marcus Siepen @ May 8 2008, 11:25 AM) *
For me it is also the band, I have never really been a session guy. Bands have to grow together by playing together, practicing together, writing together, if you constantly play with different people you will miss this, even though new people can show you new things and give you new input too of course.

I agree completely, band for me also for those reasons. For other people and new input we have GMC biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Vinod Saranga
May 8 2008, 11:21 AM
Acoustic Instructor
Thanks for your Ideas smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
May 8 2008, 11:29 AM
Instructor
I think the best is to have a band and also be able to do some substitutions, that's the best way 'cos you can learn lot of things when you play with a different musicians wink.gif

+Quote Post
Pablo Vazquez
May 8 2008, 09:06 PM
Instructor
I am composing songs to my future band... While, I am playing with different people. In this moment with a bassist's funk/soul instrumental band... something like Marcus Miller, I think.

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Vinod Saranga
May 9 2008, 05:39 AM
Acoustic Instructor
thanks Pablo and Juan smile.gif

QUOTE (Marcus Siepen @ May 8 2008, 02:55 PM) *

Thanks Marcus.
Really appriciate your opinion. I take it as an advice  smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
May 9 2008, 07:53 AM
Singing Instructor
I am playing(singing) in a band for 4 years know,but I am working on my solo album, and that means I am going to play with a different musicians.

--------------------
Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration

+Quote Post
Vinod Saranga
May 9 2008, 07:58 AM
Acoustic Instructor
QUOTE (Nemanja Filipovic @ May 9 2008, 12:23 PM) *
I am playing(singing) in a band for 4 years know,but I am working on my solo album, and that means I am going to play with a different musicians.

Yea I think for a singer you need to do of your own to build up a identity otherwise  be called as  a band singer.
smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
May 27 2008, 10:27 PM
Instructor
lead a band and sometimes rock one man show

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 10:29 AM