Another Try At The Backing Track
Scoob
Apr 11 2007, 02:54 AM
GMC:er
Lets see if I improved any.

I received a new guitar today and tried it out.

I tried to add more vibrato when I could. Also in the higher registers as well a bit more. Andrew Cockburn and Moorcop were very helpful last try.

So bang away and let me know if it was any better than the first attempt.

Also I have only been recording for about 3 - 4 weeks. So any advice on that would be good as well.

Thanks again

Scoob

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Tried_Again.mp3 ( 3.05MB ) Number of downloads: 141

--------------------
GEAR
guitars: Yamaha SE 350, Yamaha FG-360, Jay Turser JT134 Natural Quilt Top, Dean Vendetta, Squire Telecaster (Project to modify to better guitar. New Pickups and electrical parts done).
amp: Peavey Rage 108
amp Marshall ATV20X - Just bought Mar. 2007
effects: KORG AX3G (Multi), EBOW, Danelectro Free Speech Talkbox. Old Flanger and Chorus
Interface: IK Multimedia STEALTH PLUG
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 5)
kahall
Apr 11 2007, 03:30 AM
Learning Roadie
Not knowing anything about you, such as how long you have been playing etc. I thought it was very nice. I wish I could do that.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Had a guitar hanging, just about waist high, and we are going to play these things until the day we die.

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Apr 11 2007, 02:07 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (kahall @ Apr 10 2007, 10:30 PM) *
Not knowing anything about you, such as how long you have been playing etc. I thought it was very nice. I wish I could do that.

Hi Scoob - well you defintately listened to the advice fro your last post:

1. Some nice movement up and down between different boxes
2.You added more vibrato - you could do more work on this, it takes time but I could tell you were trying. A longer sustaining sound would help with this as the note had almost died away when you were putting the vibrato on
3. You mixed the speed of the runs up a lot more - definately adds interest!

So I would say a definate improvement over your last effort!

In terns of the recording - nothing much to say - sounds clean, levels are ok, no buzzes or hums etc. Recording against a pre-mixed backing track is a good place to start and pretty easy - it gets a lot harder when you are building your own backing tracks, but you have made a great start!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Mike Seddon
Apr 11 2007, 10:35 PM
Sounds good.

One comment is you need to listen more to the beat. The notes you are playing are good and well thought out. If you can get tighter with the beat you will really sound great.

In terms of the recording, try dropping your own volume a little so that you blend more with the backing.

All in all, I could hear a lot of talent so keep at it.

Cheers

Mike

This post has been edited by Mike Seddon: Apr 11 2007, 10:35 PM

+Quote Post
Scoob
Apr 11 2007, 11:43 PM
Thanks again for the feedback.

I dropped both guitars off today for a setup. The new one that I just got yesterday that I used for this last try was way off. The intonation was scary when I checked it. I am sure you could hear it at times.

I also think the stock pickups in that guitar are too low end, too deep. Low notes have too much presence.
I inquired about replacing them at the guitar shop that does my work. I was thinking some Seymour Duncan 59's (Bridge and neck). They had Seymour JB's there in the same gold covers, but I think they might be too hot. I want a more blues type tone. Any suggestions ? The Luthier thinks that once the setup is finished I will be happy. I still am looking for a certain tone and figure it may take some updating from Stock pickups.

I will keep practicing and working on more vibrato. I have been adding in some more VST add ons to my software and will look for sustain next.

Thanks again for the advice

Scoob

--------------------
GEAR
guitars: Yamaha SE 350, Yamaha FG-360, Jay Turser JT134 Natural Quilt Top, Dean Vendetta, Squire Telecaster (Project to modify to better guitar. New Pickups and electrical parts done).
amp: Peavey Rage 108
amp Marshall ATV20X - Just bought Mar. 2007
effects: KORG AX3G (Multi), EBOW, Danelectro Free Speech Talkbox. Old Flanger and Chorus
Interface: IK Multimedia STEALTH PLUG

+Quote Post
Ryan
Apr 12 2007, 12:00 AM
i think its a keeper...well for me atleast..smile.gif

--------------------
“Obey the principles without being bound by them.”

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 08:18 AM