Guitar Multieffect&recording Via Pc, need help :)
dutriche
Feb 1 2008, 04:32 PM
GMC:er
Hya GMC Fellows

I'm really getting into recoding my own songs but im absolutely unhappy with the quality due to equipment

im currently using the Boss Me-33 jacked into a Yamaha EMX 88s and the with line out to my pcs line in

sounds horrible

im not happy with my ME-33 and I want to get a new Multieffect for my guitar
my needs are as follows

1. I want to be able to use it with my Marshall Tube amp for gigs
2. I want to be able to record via my pc preferably over USB
3. I want to be able to use it for practise using only headphones without amp or PC in between?

anybody has something good in mind?
my budget is about 200-4oo Dollars wich are about 250 euros at the moment i belive

thanks already for the advice

Best Regards

Ben Dietrich aka Dutriche

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 10)
Bali
Feb 1 2008, 04:36 PM
Try guitar rig software

http://www.native-instruments.com/index.php?id=guitarrig3

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
MickeM
Feb 1 2008, 05:19 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (dutriche @ Feb 1 2008, 04:32 PM) *
3. I want to be able to use it for practise using only headphones without amp or PC in between?

I'm on the look aswell but I don't have quite the same criterias. Instead of going towards a PC I'm looking for a package so I can record without a PC. Sure a computer is a good tool but I find it a bit tedious to work with. The end result one can get from EZdrummer and a diversity of other plug ins are outstanding, but I'm looking to cut the time for developing a song into half.

My ideas have been around the GNX4 that has built in drums, recorder and amp modeling.
The only downside as I see it as that Digitech appearantly stopped with GNX and what comes in the future isn't very clear. Would be a pain to buy a GNX today and they release somehting new tomorrow.

The Boss GT-10 looks amazing, but can't record.

Another idead is to get a pre amp to record from, with a multi effects rack unit. Everything into a portable studio. Would likely blow your budget. The GNX4 I belive would fit. It can play MIDI drums, mp3 files and record. I didn't try it but you hsould be able to use it with your tube amp as a multi effect.

EDIT: But I can't judge on whether the GNX4 is a better multieffects that the ME-33... don't know if the ME-33 lacks amp modeling and that's why it sounds so bad into the mixer?
Another option maybe would ne to only get a pre amp and go Preamp->ME-33->Yamaha ???
Like an ENGL E530 or one of Rocktron's won't cost you a fortune.

This post has been edited by MickeM: Feb 1 2008, 05:29 PM

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Feb 1 2008, 06:11 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (dutriche @ Feb 1 2008, 04:32 PM) *

anybody has something good in mind?
my budget is about 200-4oo Dollars wich are about 250 euros at the moment i belive

thanks already for the advice

Best Regards

Ben Dietrich aka Dutriche

Well its very difficult to match all these demands wink.gif

1. I want to be able to use it with my Marshall Tube amp for gigs - well in my opinion I would not go for a middle priced mulitifx and go from it to Marshall Tube amp...It would just ruin your tone and you have a great amp - you should not do that..Especially on gigs..Standalone pedals would make wonders here...And how many pedals would you actually need? You could build a pedalboard in quite a small time depending on budget..

2. For this I strongly recommend Line6 Toneport ux1 or ux2.Its just all you need for good quality home demo production..Goes through usb..

3. Well since I don't think its good to buy multifx for this use and toneport don't have ability to work without computer I can't recommend here anything..

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 1 2008, 06:24 PM
Instructor
I don't know, maybe save some money and go for Boss GT6 or GT8, they are great if you need many multieffects. You can find them on Ebay for ~230$/~130$ respectively.

Now this Boss doesn't have USB out to computer, but since you have a mixer I don't see the point really.

Other solution would be POD XT live its around 250$ too, but i Think Boss has better quality effects. Off course it doesn't really matter, if you are using effects like chorus, delay etc, it all sounds decent enough through tube amp ona a gig anyway. No one will notice wink.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
dutriche
Feb 3 2008, 03:12 PM
Thanks for the Infos...

about the recording via mixer

since it has no digital outs the quality sucks if i record it on PC

I will take the infos you guys gave me and have a look at the devices at my local guitar store...
Ill keep you guys informed smile.gif

thanks alot

+Quote Post
dutriche
Feb 3 2008, 03:24 PM
[quote name='MickeM' date='Feb 1 2008, 07:19 PM' post='130359']
EDIT: But I can't judge on whether the GNX4 is a better multieffects that the ME-33... don't know if the ME-33 lacks amp modeling and that's why it sounds so bad into the mixer?
Another option maybe would ne to only get a pre amp and go Preamp->ME-33->Yamaha ???
Like an ENGL E530 or one of Rocktron's won't cost you a fortune.
/quote]

Actually the Me-33 has Amp modeling but its pretty weak
but ive honestly never tryd it with preamp..

what i checked out is the Behringer V-Amp Pro
it liiks and sounds great (from the descriptions) but some online fellows say that you have to put it in the effect loop to sound great.. dunno.. as far as i get it i would have to plug it to my amps effect look right?

I also checked out guitar rig 3.. looks amazing but its a bit over my price class for now.
but anyway.. could i use that Guitar Rig in Combination with my amp aswell? just theoretically?

+Quote Post
dutriche
Feb 3 2008, 03:30 PM
QUOTE (Bogdan @ Feb 1 2008, 08:11 PM) *
And how many pedals would you actually need? You could build a pedalboard in quite a small time depending on budget..

Yah I thought about stand alone pedals aswell
but depending on which Set I Play on gigs I would need around 6-10 pedals.. wich will cost around 600$ aswell again..
i might then buy a mfx for that moneay that allows even more changes...
but I will consider this further smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 3 2008, 04:28 PM
Instructor
Buy a multiFX, it is a more practical solution. The sound is synthetic, but hey, jsut plug it into the FXLoop and thats it. You CAN use the effects in the FXLoop live (no one will notice), and the distortion channel from the amp, thats the best solution. No amp modellers if you play live, that's my advice...

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Feb 3 2008, 05:30 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
I also checked out guitar rig 3.. looks amazing but its a bit over my price class for now.
but anyway.. could i use that Guitar Rig in Combination with my amp aswell? just theoretically?

Yes you could , if you can bring the signal from your amp inside PC with no latency using a good sound card or sound card with usb interface..

But than again if you like Guitar Rig , you get basically the same thing buying any of line6 toneport devices..And you won't have latency problems (toneport is a usb soundcard)..You get with it the software called GearBox which is practically same as Guitar Rig software but little better and easier to use...Maybe you could take a look at it since toneport is not expensive, depending on model wink.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
dutriche
Feb 5 2008, 07:18 PM
Ive Just Orderd the Line6 Toneport UX2
to solve my recording Problem. And im also thinking about buying Cubase Studio
... but I'll have to consider that..

Ans i saw a pretty nice thing from digitech
its called Digitech GSP 1101 its way over my price for the moment
but I think once im really starting to gig again it will cover all my needs along with a pedal swichboard from digitech.. (i forgot wichone exactly it was) but it looked serios smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 09:01 PM