Ballad Cover Video
bahadirpeker
Jul 7 2014, 08:15 AM
GMC:er
Hey GMC! I hope you enjoy this cover ballad video, thanks everybody :.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0rjIzFcsIM...kzWl2WxmQ4D7Lpg

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by bahadirpeker: Jul 7 2014, 08:19 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 8 2014, 05:03 AM
Instructor
Hi Baha! It's awesome to see you playing melodic stuff! This cover is top level, your feeling, timing and phrasing is so awesome.

Thanks for this 2:50 minutes of majesty. Now I'm going to check Okan's music. biggrin.gif

what album do you recommend from him?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
bahadirpeker
Jul 8 2014, 07:57 AM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 8 2014, 04:03 AM) *
Hi Baha! It's awesome to see you playing melodic stuff! This cover is top level, your feeling, timing and phrasing is so awesome.

Thanks for this 2:50 minutes of majesty. Now I'm going to check Okan's music. biggrin.gif

what album do you recommend from him?

Thank you very much Gabriel smile.gif I like Okan and his music a lot! I can recommend his "To Whom It May Concern" album which is publish at 2005. By the way "A Reborn Journey" album is really cool with some turkish time feel and motifs!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 8 2014, 03:15 PM
Instructor
Wow... is all I can say. Baha, you have sure been preparing yourself all this time while you were away from GMC. What were you practicing all this time mate? smile.gif Would you share your secret with us?

+Quote Post
bahadirpeker
Jul 8 2014, 04:21 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 8 2014, 02:15 PM) *
Wow... is all I can say. Baha, you have sure been preparing yourself all this time while you were away from GMC. What were you practicing all this time mate? smile.gif Would you share your secret with us?

Firstly thank you so much Cosmin smile.gif But I have to say that I learned lots of materials about how I must think and approach about music. This is the most important thing I learned from GMC. My first secret is smile.gif listening to GMC teachers very carefully about what they want to say to me exactly although my bad english smile.gif Then I studied about touching my guitar more carefully, listen and try to understand the musicians about what they want to tell to us. I also tried to improve my guitar sound because I feel that my guitar's sound is my inner voice so I thought that I must come near to my inner voice as best I can. And of course I am still doing what I said above smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 8 2014, 05:27 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (bahadirpeker @ Jul 8 2014, 03:57 AM) *
Thank you very much Gabriel smile.gif I like Okan and his music a lot! I can recommend his "To Whom It May Concern" album which is publish at 2005. By the way "A Reborn Journey" album is really cool with some turkish time feel and motifs!

Ok! I've found this album on Spotify. Thanks. smile.gif

QUOTE (bahadirpeker @ Jul 8 2014, 12:21 PM) *
Firstly thank you so much Cosmin smile.gif But I have to say that I learned lots of materials about how I must think and approach about music. This is the most important thing I learned from GMC. My first secret is smile.gif listening to GMC teachers very carefully about what they want to say to me exactly although my bad english smile.gif Then I studied about touching my guitar more carefully, listen and try to understand the musicians about what they want to tell to us. I also tried to improve my guitar sound because I feel that my guitar's sound is my inner voice so I thought that I must come near to my inner voice as best I can. And of course I am still doing what I said above smile.gif

You are revealing something essential that most of the masters say: learn to hear. This can be applied to different situations. We have to learn to hear wise words from other people who gives us feedback and suggestions, we have to learn to hear music, songs, melodies, notes, and we also need to learn to hear other musicians when we are in a band situation. It's awesome how much you can learn just by hearing.

Besides these things, Have you also worked on exercises? gmc lessons? covers?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Jul 9 2014, 07:14 AM
Learning Tone Master
As Gabe said, I also like when you play melodic stuff smile.gif
This sounds really awesome. I didn't listened Okan Ersan until now but I will definitely check his songs wink.gif

+Quote Post
bahadirpeker
Jul 9 2014, 09:49 AM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 8 2014, 04:27 PM) *
Ok! I've found this album on Spotify. Thanks. smile.gif

You are revealing something essential that most of the masters say: learn to hear. This can be applied to different situations. We have to learn to hear wise words from other people who gives us feedback and suggestions, we have to learn to hear music, songs, melodies, notes, and we also need to learn to hear other musicians when we are in a band situation. It's awesome how much you can learn just by hearing.

Besides these things, Have you also worked on exercises? gmc lessons? covers?

Yeah! That is the best advice "learn to hear!" Of course Gabriel I worked some exercises which are chromatics, some jazzy scales like half whole tone or whole tone, arpeggious especially dominant arpeggious. I am working about dominant chords which is sometimes used for secondary, extended or substitute ones and their theory beside. Sometimes I am trying to play some covers especially which I can learn new licks and ideas.

QUOTE (Monica Gheorghevici @ Jul 9 2014, 06:14 AM) *
As Gabe said, I also like when you play melodic stuff smile.gif
This sounds really awesome. I didn't listened Okan Ersan until now but I will definitely check his songs wink.gif

Thank you Monica, I advise you to listen Okan Ersan especially for your musical ideas smile.gif

This post has been edited by bahadirpeker: Jul 9 2014, 09:48 AM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 9 2014, 04:38 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (bahadirpeker @ Jul 9 2014, 05:49 AM) *
Yeah! That is the best advice "learn to hear!" Of course Gabriel I worked some exercises which are chromatics, some jazzy scales like half whole tone or whole tone, arpeggious especially dominant arpeggious. I am working about dominant chords which is sometimes used for secondary, extended or substitute ones and their theory beside. Sometimes I am trying to play some covers especially which I can learn new licks and ideas.

Great stuff Baha! Keep on this track and we will know from you very soon. I also think that you have to keep on adding your country's folk music in your playing, that's what will make you different from the rest of us. If you can mix Fusion with your roots, your music will reflect who you are and where you come from so you will be heard everywhere.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 9 2014, 07:53 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (bahadirpeker @ Jul 8 2014, 03:21 PM) *

Amazing man! Simply amazing smile.gif You have summed up some of the most important things in just a few words - that makes your English very, very good biggrin.gif

I think that learning how to listen, is one of the most important things a musician should accomplish, but this comes with experience. People that aren't taught how to listen since they are very young, need more time, as expected, to discover this amazing ability and take it to full level.

The first step is becoming conscious about listening - kids are good at this smile.gif They hear something and they imitate it with their voice. We should take an example and do it with a guitar. Simple sounds at first, in order to be able to also execute them.

Have you guys tried this imitating technique to train your ears? I tried it with various instruments and it worked wonderfully - saxophone, violin... try imitating these with your guitar smile.gif

+Quote Post
bahadirpeker
Jul 9 2014, 08:22 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 9 2014, 03:38 PM) *
Great stuff Baha! Keep on this track and we will know from you very soon. I also think that you have to keep on adding your country's folk music in your playing, that's what will make you different from the rest of us. If you can mix Fusion with your roots, your music will reflect who you are and where you come from so you will be heard everywhere.

Thank you Gabriel, our music has really hard theory and nowadays I am trying to understand the theory and combine it with the western music smile.gif

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 9 2014, 06:53 PM) *
Amazing man! Simply amazing smile.gif You have summed up some of the most important things in just a few words - that makes your English very, very good biggrin.gif

I think that learning how to listen, is one of the most important things a musician should accomplish, but this comes with experience. People that aren't taught how to listen since they are very young, need more time, as expected, to discover this amazing ability and take it to full level.

The first step is becoming conscious about listening - kids are good at this smile.gif They hear something and they imitate it with their voice. We should take an example and do it with a guitar. Simple sounds at first, in order to be able to also execute them.

Have you guys tried this imitating technique to train your ears? I tried it with various instruments and it worked wonderfully - saxophone, violin... try imitating these with your guitar smile.gif

Cosmin, I always remember your sentence; "you should take an example and do it with your guitar!". According to me this is a very enchanting phrase that has more meaning than the words!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 10 2014, 07:14 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (bahadirpeker @ Jul 9 2014, 07:22 PM) *
Thank you Gabriel, our music has really hard theory and nowadays I am trying to understand the theory and combine it with the western music smile.gif

Cosmin, I always remember your sentence; "you should take an example and do it with your guitar!". According to me this is a very enchanting phrase that has more meaning than the words!

I am glad and honored to know my words stuck to your heart! Thank you Baha! And here's the extreme version of this approach biggrin.gif

I think Steve Vai did this for the first time on his album called Flex Able back in '84, if I am correct... but this is hilariously well done!

+Quote Post
bahadirpeker
Jul 10 2014, 08:00 AM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 10 2014, 06:14 AM) *
I am glad and honored to know my words stuck to your heart! Thank you Baha! And here's the extreme version of this approach biggrin.gif

I think Steve Vai did this for the first time on his album called Flex Able back in '84, if I am correct... but this is hilariously well done!

biggrin.gif This is gorgeous! Some musicians (nowadays I am added this crowd!) croon while they are playing especially at solo parts. I think it is related with this subject am I right?

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 11 2014, 07:56 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (bahadirpeker @ Jul 10 2014, 07:00 AM) *
biggrin.gif This is gorgeous! Some musicians (nowadays I am added this crowd!) croon while they are playing especially at solo parts. I think it is related with this subject am I right?

If crooning is humming in order to easily hear what you have in your head, yes, you are right - I heard piano and guitar players doing this live in front of me and man, what melodies came out biggrin.gif

I think it's a VERY important and efficient technique, meant to aid us in expressing ourselves. Now the hardest part with this would be...not being afraid to use our voice smile.gif I've heard A LOT of folks telling me - wow, man you can use your voice! I wish I could, but you are also a singer... guess what I used my voice before becoming a singer, which happened in 2012 officially.

The bottom line is - don't be afraid to use your voice smile.gif It's your primary, native instrument which can act as a monitor for you at least. Try the following drill:

- play something on the guitar - a short phrase
- try to imitate it with your voice
- sing and play in the same time
- sing the phrase and see if you can stay in tune and remember all the note lengths correctly
- change a note in the phrase and repeat the process from step one
- create all sorts of variations until your ears are accustomed to making the changes in your head and then playing them, not viceversa biggrin.gif

Let me know how this feels!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:09 PM