2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Hello Gmcers !, Introduction
livoire13
Aug 8 2013, 10:57 AM
Learning Tone Master
Hi everybody !

I rencently decided to join GMC site, after spending a lot of time behind my screen and thinking: "Wow, what a great community of guitarists, with awesome instructors and useful lessons... !" and I must tell you I'm not disappointed at all tongue.gif

First of all, I'm a 16-year-old french boy, so please excuse my english mistakes though I can easily understand the language. wink.gif

About music, I've been playing the guitar since 9 years now. I mainly play hardrock and metal stuff but not only of course.. I also really like playing on acoustic guitar to cover rodrigo y gabriela's songs for example.
I own a charvel so cal which I use 80% of the time, plugged into a H&K "tube meister 18" head amp. My acoustic guitar is a yamaha ntx 700 (so well suited for playing in Rodrigo y gabriela style).

At last, I hope I'll can progress on GMC and maybe try to do "REC takes" to get some feedback.
By the way, I've got a youtube channel where I do guitar covers, here it is https://www.youtube.com/user/livoire13

Cheers,

livoire13

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Taka Perry
Aug 8 2013, 11:14 AM
Learning Rock Star
Welcome to GMC man smile.gif Looks like you've got a wide range of tastes, that's definitely a plus biggrin.gif

The community here is wonderful, everyone will be very supportive and you'll be getting better in no time smile.gif I liked your Enter Sandman solo on Youtube as well, great energy smile.gif

See you around the forums biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
TeoWulf
Aug 8 2013, 11:16 AM
GMC:er
Bienvenue à GMC, Monsieur! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Headbanger
Aug 8 2013, 11:55 AM
Welcome livoire...Just watched your sandman and cowboys from hell solos...You are very very good mate! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Aug 8 2013, 12:31 PM
Learning Tone Master

Welcome to GMC! I saw on your Youtube channel that you have a cover of solo from Pantera - Cemetery Gates. This evening at Cosmin Vchat we will discuss the chords and riffs of this song. So, if you have time, join us smile.gif

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Aug 8 2013, 01:25 PM
Instructor
Hello and warm wellcome smile.gif 9 years is a quite long smile.gif Nice Enter Sand Man solo cover and French guitar contest entry smile.gif When any help needed You can post some new topics, make threads with instructors and write private messages smile.gif You already have some nice flow in Your playing smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 8 2013, 01:44 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! Great to finally find your introduction at the forum! I'm checking your videos as I said via PM and I must say that you have a very good level! Are you working on a GMC lesson? It would be cool to find a take from you at REC!

Enjoy the community. wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Aug 8 2013, 02:27 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Welcome ! smile.gif

+Quote Post
livoire13
Aug 8 2013, 05:26 PM
Learning Tone Master
Thanks everyone for that welcome !!
I'm glad you liked some of my covers wink.gif

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Aug 8 2013, 12:44 PM) *
Hi mate! Great to finally find your introduction at the forum! I'm checking your videos as I said via PM and I must say that you have a very good level! Are you working on a GMC lesson? It would be cool to find a take from you at REC!

Enjoy the community. wink.gif

Yes indeed I'm working on several lessons like:
climax in a solo
linear shred zone
steve lukather style by Muris Varajic
power of mini sweeps

I know they are a bit above my level but I really like trying to play them wink.gif

Finally, my ultimate goal would be to be able to play THE "Vinnie Moore style" by Emir Hot but it's way too difficult for the moment... biggrin.gif

Thanks again, and I'll do my best on "REC" laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 8 2013, 08:11 PM
Welcome to GMC!!! This is a great community of musicians and I"ve yet to find a more supportive plays for players of every stripe to gather and learn. You are going to love it smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (livoire13 @ Aug 8 2013, 05:57 AM) *
Hi everybody !

I rencently decided to join GMC site, after spending a lot of time behind my screen and thinking: "Wow, what a great community of guitarists, with awesome instructors and useful lessons... !" and I must tell you I'm not disappointed at all tongue.gif

First of all, I'm a 16-year-old french boy, so please excuse my english mistakes though I can easily understand the language. wink.gif

About music, I've been playing the guitar since 9 years now. I mainly play hardrock and metal stuff but not only of course.. I also really like playing on acoustic guitar to cover rodrigo y gabriela's songs for example.
I own a charvel so cal which I use 80% of the time, plugged into a H&K "tube meister 18" head amp. My acoustic guitar is a yamaha ntx 700 (so well suited for playing in Rodrigo y gabriela style).

At last, I hope I'll can progress on GMC and maybe try to do "REC takes" to get some feedback.
By the way, I've got a youtube channel where I do guitar covers, here it is https://www.youtube.com/user/livoire13

Cheers,

livoire13

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 9 2013, 06:12 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (livoire13 @ Aug 8 2013, 01:26 PM) *
I'm glad you liked some of my covers wink.gif

Yes indeed I'm working on several lessons like:
climax in a solo
linear shred zone
steve lukather style by Muris Varajic
power of mini sweeps

I know they are a bit above my level but I really like trying to play them wink.gif

Finally, my ultimate goal would be to be able to play THE "Vinnie Moore style" by Emir Hot but it's way too difficult for the moment... biggrin.gif

Thanks again, and I'll do my best on "REC" laugh.gif

That's a lot of hard work to do. Great to see you 100% motivated. Looking forward your REC takes! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Aug 9 2013, 04:28 PM
Instructor
Welcome to GMC ! smile.gif

QUOTE (livoire13 @ Aug 8 2013, 05:26 PM) *

That's a brilliant choice... it's a very tough one too. I learned that a long while ago and it challenged me a lot but you can definitely do it !

Just watching your YT channel.. it's great to see you doing some Joe Satriani stuff. It was his playing that really showed me what was possible with melody and tone - great stuff, keep it going wink.gif

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Aug 9 2013, 04:32 PM
Charvel Guitar- My favorite!

Au revoir .:-)

This post has been edited by Slavenko Erazer: Aug 9 2013, 04:35 PM

+Quote Post
livoire13
Aug 9 2013, 05:41 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ Aug 9 2013, 03:32 PM) *
Charvel Guitar- My favorite!

Au revoir .:-)

ahaha I love it too biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Aug 9 2013, 03:28 PM) *
Welcome to GMC ! smile.gif

That's a brilliant choice... it's a very tough one too. I learned that a long while ago and it challenged me a lot but you can definitely do it !

Thanks Ben smile.gif The reason why I want to play this one is because of you ! When I saw your version for the first time, I was sooooo impressed by your playing and the solo sounded very nice to my ears... I'm trying to figure it out at slow tempo and then maybe speed up gradually. By the way, is there a specific thread to discuss about this lesson ? For example if I have few questions, or a problem...

Also thanks for checking my yt channel, I often check yours wink.gif
\m/

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Aug 9 2013, 05:59 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
Welcome to GMC mate biggrin.gif
You're gonna love it here, the community is great!
Let us know if there's anything at all smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Aug 9 2013, 08:24 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (livoire13 @ Aug 9 2013, 05:41 PM) *
Thanks Ben smile.gif The reason why I want to play this one is because of you ! When I saw your version for the first time, I was sooooo impressed by your playing and the solo sounded very nice to my ears... I'm trying to figure it out at slow tempo and then maybe speed up gradually. By the way, is there a specific thread to discuss about this lesson ? For example if I have few questions, or a problem...

Oh that's cool ! biggrin.gif

Yeah sure, you could either post in my personal board

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...p?showforum=215

or just send me a p.m.

Either is fine !

+Quote Post
livoire13
Aug 9 2013, 08:42 PM
Learning Tone Master
Right, thanks again wink.gif Now time to practise hehe !!

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Aug 9 2013, 10:47 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero

Welcome aboard mate! smile.gif

That Vinnie Moore lesson is amazing.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 10 2013, 11:18 AM
Instructor
Wow! I love your feeling man! I've watched your vids and I must say, I really like the vibe you transmit while playing! looking forward to see some REC takes from you and as the guys said - never shy away from asking us anything, deal? wink.gif

Maybe you'd like to participate in a collab - I just started a new one: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=49744

+Quote Post
livoire13
Aug 10 2013, 12:16 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Aug 10 2013, 10:18 AM) *
Wow! I love your feeling man! I've watched your vids and I must say, I really like the vibe you transmit while playing! looking forward to see some REC takes from you and as the guys said - never shy away from asking us anything, deal? wink.gif

Thank you Cosmin ! It seems there are plenty of things to do on GMC laugh.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 07:57 AM