> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

11 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > »   
Alex5's Thread, for Gab's Army
Alex5
Nov 17 2015, 02:55 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
I just made a up. Not sure that a post edit re-up my thread.

edit :

(here's my post on the previous page)

Here's a take from Jazz Lead Lesson (with a typing error on title sorry Muris... I just see that...)

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Alex5: Nov 17 2015, 02:56 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 17 2015, 04:44 PM
Instructor
Hi Alex, how are you?

Unfortunately it's a bit difficult to give specific feedback about your playing because your guitar is quiet in the mix. Please try to set it louder on future videos. I think that the overall is ok, and that timing is the element that could be better but I'm not completely sure.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Alex5
Nov 17 2015, 05:13 PM
i'll remake the mix and upload it on souncloud. I work on improvisation workout. It's difficult for me but i give hope.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 17 2015, 05:26 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Alex5 @ Nov 17 2015, 01:13 PM) *
i'll remake the mix and upload it on souncloud. I work on improvisation workout. It's difficult for me but i give hope.

Please! start with the first assignment and share your recording here and there. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Alex5
Nov 17 2015, 05:39 PM
I'll do. Let me a few time to do a track which doesn't suck smile.gif

+Quote Post
Alex5
Nov 18 2015, 09:26 AM
https://soundcloud.com/user-280506716/jazz-for-gab/s-Vcypl

The mix is rough just to listen the guitar

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 18 2015, 01:53 PM
Instructor
Thanks for the new mix mate! As I suspected on the previous mix, the two elements that have room for improvement here are timing, and dynamics. Please keep on practicing (sometimes over the original lesson) trying to adjust them, ok?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Alex5
Nov 18 2015, 03:51 PM
OK. My usual problems.
When you say that i need to improve timing, i read "you're completly out of the tempo".
I suppose it isn't as terrible as i imagine.
Dynamic néed a lot of work to me.
Let's go.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 19 2015, 01:20 PM
Instructor
No, your timing is not bad, but there is still room to improvements.

Keep the hard work!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Alex5
Nov 19 2015, 03:36 PM
I can breath... smile.gif

I've done the 1st assignement of impro course. Just need to resolve my internet provider problems to upload it. It could take some time..

+Quote Post
Alex5
Nov 20 2015, 09:10 AM
Here's assignement 1 of impro course (2'26'')
https://soundcloud.com/user-280506716/improgmaj/s-4soSZ

With false notes due to my habit playing other scales, a passage of "Hey you're out of the tempo what are you doing ?" and some passages of "I've nothing to say but I play anymore". smile.gif

My guitar tone isn't the best one...

I made the file private I hop you can listen it.

This post has been edited by Alex5: Nov 20 2015, 09:17 AM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 20 2015, 01:50 PM
Instructor
Hi Alex!

I'm glad to see that you are working on the improvisation course! biggrin.gif

This moment is to explore the different elements covered so this audio is totally successful. You've tried to create simple melodies and phrases. There are some moments where you play wrong notes, and some other moments where your rhythm is not going with the backing so pay attention to this details in future recordings.

Before you go to the second assignment I'd like to suggest you doing some voice - guitar connection. The idea is that you sing along with the notes that you play. At first, you'll have to sing a bit (millisecond) after the note sounds, but with practice the idea is that you do it simultaneously.

The second part of the task should be done once you are comfortable with the first one and it's based on singing a phrase, and then playing it. You should be able to do it over the backing... you sing a melody of 4 notes, and then you play the 4 notes....

Practice this for 3 days and let me know how it goes.

Deal?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Alex5
Nov 27 2015, 08:41 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Nov 20 2015, 01:50 PM) *
Hi Alex!

I'm glad to see that you are working on the improvisation course! biggrin.gif

This moment is to explore the different elements covered so this audio is totally successful. You've tried to create simple melodies and phrases. There are some moments where you play wrong notes, and some other moments where your rhythm is not going with the backing so pay attention to this details in future recordings.

Before you go to the second assignment I'd like to suggest you doing some voice - guitar connection. The idea is that you sing along with the notes that you play. At first, you'll have to sing a bit (millisecond) after the note sounds, but with practice the idea is that you do it simultaneously.

The second part of the task should be done once you are comfortable with the first one and it's based on singing a phrase, and then playing it. You should be able to do it over the backing... you sing a melody of 4 notes, and then you play the 4 notes....

Practice this for 3 days and let me know how it goes.

Deal?

Hey,

I've made that. Don't sure you'll know it, it's from the Metal Gear Solid OST released on 1998. I like this song.
Wrote for keyboards, difficult to adapt it on guitar.
I tried, there's some mistakes and it sound unperfect.

Here's

I return to my Improvisation Course / Creativity Workout / Jazz swing Lead .. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 28 2015, 04:11 PM
Instructor
It sounds good Alex! This kind of works are really helpful, keep working on your own music and arrangement of songs that you like.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Alex5
Nov 30 2015, 03:29 PM
Hey, I've made that this afternoon...

I must confess I'm a bit demoralized at the moment, thinking nothing good comes from my playing. I'd like to feel a little improvement.

It's the 1st time I feel that, it's strange.

I try to make a track for the creativity workout.. It's hard , I've a bass line, a drum line.. I could do a rythm guitar.. but I have no idea for lead.. as usual.. very frustrating..

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 1 2015, 01:47 PM
Instructor
You are getting better at guitar! You are connecting more and more with your instrument on each new take. This new one shows improvements but it's not a technical lesson, it's a lesson that should give you inspiration to improvise on this style, so dedicating some time to creating your own variations of the licks should be part of your practice.

I also think that it's time for a new lesson, anything in mind?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Alex5
Dec 1 2015, 02:09 PM
Hi,

Thanks for your support.
I'd like to start a level 3 les son to watch if i can do it. I will watch the available lessons...
I have some lesson in my fav. I must watch.. if you have some suggests i could consider them. wink.gif

I'll submit soon a take of this les son (jazz lead) on the workshop.

I found a G maj track that i like. I'll try to improvise over it (autumn leaves)

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 1 2015, 03:31 PM
Instructor
Good idea! Let's use that track to work on improvisation.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Alex5
Dec 4 2015, 11:10 AM
Hi,

I post it to the workshop

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 4 2015, 02:24 PM
Instructor
Hi Alex! Your progress on this lesson is really good!

You are starting to have a good control of your timing which is one of the trickier parts of this lesson and it's also the element in which you need to continue focusing while practicing because you are getting close but it's still not consistent / regular. There are some moments where you get the swing feel, while other ones where you play even or rush a bit the beat. Practicing over the original lesson can help.

I don't dislike your tone, it reminds me to surf music, however some more presence would make your guitar sound clearer in the mix.

Ok mate, congrats on your good job, keep going!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 05:15 PM