Track Import Issues, sounds nasty and grainy now
Drag0nz&meTaL
Jul 6 2015, 11:55 PM
Learning Rock Star
hello everybody, i am having issues with my REAPER. i am using a mac. i never had any issues before, i could import the backing tracks and record for REC. but now when i import it sounds terrible! all grainy and scratchy. does anybody know how to fix this? it diddnt always used to be like this.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 9 2015, 08:25 AM
GMC:er
The good news is that usually stuff like this turns out to be something easy to fix that is overlooked. I know this may seem silly but lets start with the basics.

1.)Shut down your computer. Then restart. (not a reboot, full shut down)
2.)Check your interface/soundcard if you are using one and make sure (if it's usb) it's plugged directly in to your computer, not a hub.
3.)Start a brand new reaper project.
4.)Check your samples. If it's at 64, take it to 128, it's if it's at 128 take it up some more. Basically increase it a bit and keep bumping it up to see if that fixes it.
5.)Open an old project that used to work and see if it still works just to see if something has changed.
6.)open the backing track in some other program to make sure the backing track itself is ok.

Then report back smile.gif

ANYONE ELSE?
Can't believe I'm the only one replying here sad.gif

Todd

QUOTE (Drag0nz&meTaL @ Jul 6 2015, 06:55 PM) *
hello everybody, i am having issues with my REAPER. i am using a mac. i never had any issues before, i could import the backing tracks and record for REC. but now when i import it sounds terrible! all grainy and scratchy. does anybody know how to fix this? it diddnt always used to be like this.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Drag0nz&meTaL
Jul 9 2015, 03:54 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jul 9 2015, 07:25 AM) *
The good news is that usually stuff like this turns out to be something easy to fix that is overlooked. I know this may seem silly but lets start with the basics.

1.)Shut down your computer. Then restart. (not a reboot, full shut down)
2.)Check your interface/soundcard if you are using one and make sure (if it's usb) it's plugged directly in to your computer, not a hub.
3.)Start a brand new reaper project.
4.)Check your samples. If it's at 64, take it to 128, it's if it's at 128 take it up some more. Basically increase it a bit and keep bumping it up to see if that fixes it.
5.)Open an old project that used to work and see if it still works just to see if something has changed.
6.)open the backing track in some other program to make sure the backing track itself is ok.

Then report back smile.gif

ANYONE ELSE?
Can't believe I'm the only one replying here sad.gif

Todd

thanks Todd! ill let you know!!

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Jul 9 2015, 10:10 PM
Learning Roadie
Check your samples. If it's at 64, take it to 128, it's if it's at 128 take it up some more. Basically increase it a bit and keep bumping it up to see if that fixes it.

i have accidentaly set my FA66 on 192Khz with my laptop, it take some time to understand why some preset where CPU killer !!!

Laurent

--------------------

<div align="left"> Yes, i love badges.....
</div>

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 11 2015, 12:30 AM
GMC:er
So it's working fine now? Glad to hear it! 192khz is a bit high of a sample rate but some folks really dig it smile.gif The problem comes during mixdown and distribution when you end up having to cut it to 44.1 or so just to make it the least common denominator smile.gif

QUOTE (fzalfa @ Jul 9 2015, 05:10 PM) *
i have accidentaly set my FA66 on 192Khz with my laptop, it take some time to understand why some preset where CPU killer !!!

Laurent

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 05:58 PM