Hi Gmc
timono
Jul 7 2007, 03:14 PM
GMC:er
hey

my name is timon and i'm 15 years old. I live in Holland (are there any other GMC's who live in Holland). i've started to play guitar about 6 years ago. started on the acoustic guitar and i'm playing the electric guitar since 1 year. looking back on those acoustic years i think i should have started playing electric way sooner. my teacher couldn't teach me anymore so i went to another and he suggested to start playing on the electric guitar. from the beginning i liked it and when i learned more i started to play more and more hours a day. i started to play tabs from bands and guitarists (hammerfall, Yngwie Malmsteen (tried too =P, steve vai John Petrucci and many more) when i was doing that i saw an tapping instruction vid of Kris and thats how i came on the GMC site. becaus of school and stuff i had to wait till the summer holiday's before i could join the site. so here i am.

i'm playing on an Essex (don't know what else it is) and on a Orange crush 10.
so that's not very good. but I'll be buying a new guitar in about 3 weeks (then i'm back from summer holiday's) and till now i think it will be a Ibanez Jem555 (would like to have the Jem7v but don't have enough money) help me decide wich one i should buy and tell me if the Jem555 is a good guitar. (haven't played on it so i don't know). if you have any suggestions about another guitar please tell me (price should be around € 1000 ($1360))

well see you on GMC

timon

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez RG 2550 EGK Presige, Essex wannabe Gibson guitar (don't know the full name), Alhambra acoustic guitar

Amps: Marshall MG 50DFX, Evans sound creator (50 watt), Orange crush 10

Effect pedals: Korg AX1500G

record stuff: Line 6 toneport UX1

Piano: Yamaha P-85

Wishlist:

Ibanez Jem 7V!!!!!!!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Robin
Jul 7 2007, 03:21 PM
Welcome to GMC smile.gif Started when you were 9 ey? Thats pretty amazing! biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jul 7 2007, 03:49 PM
Moderation Policy Director
Welcome to GMC - great to have you on board, looking forward to seeing you around smile.gif

Regarding Jems - I have the 7v and it is awesome, but yes, it is expensive. By all accounts, the Jem555 is a cheap cut down version, and I don't think you would be happy with it. For the type of money you have, you could get an Ibanez RG Prestige guitar, such as an RG2550, which would be much better than the 555, and in fact to all intents and purposes its a Jem with a different color sceme, as it has the same HSH configuration, a similar neck and the awesome Edge Pro tremelo.

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Resurrection
Jul 7 2007, 03:58 PM
Good to have you around at GMC biggrin.gif

--------------------
If you think you can, you can. And if you think you can't, you're right.

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jul 7 2007, 04:16 PM
Instructor
Welcome Timon!

Well Andrew answered the question about JEMs so i have nothing to add here!

Enjoy it at GMC!

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
AIB234
Jul 7 2007, 06:48 PM
Welcome timon!

Glad to have you on the site.

+Quote Post
Pantalaimon
Jul 7 2007, 11:54 PM
Welcome, Timon!

always good to get new faces around here.

And I believe another guy named "Pink" is currently located in holland - although he just joined as a new member, he's not an instructor.

--------------------
My Gear:
~Schecter C-1+ (black cherry) w/ Duncan Designed PUs, EB Super Slinky strings
~Fender Mexican Stratocaster (black) w/ stock PUs, EB Super Slinky strings
~Jasmine by Takamine acoustic (kinda crappy - $90)
~Fender Frontman 25R amp.
~Jekyll & Hyde Ultimate Overdrive pedal
~Dan-Ecko pedal

+Quote Post
timono
Jul 9 2007, 01:09 PM
hey guys

thanks for the welcome messages and the the tips about the jem.
i found that the RG2550 has different types (such as RG2550E and RG 2550EGK) does it matter wich one i buy. cause i like the EGK's looks more then the E's

seeya on GMC

timon

--------------------
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez RG 2550 EGK Presige, Essex wannabe Gibson guitar (don't know the full name), Alhambra acoustic guitar

Amps: Marshall MG 50DFX, Evans sound creator (50 watt), Orange crush 10

Effect pedals: Korg AX1500G

record stuff: Line 6 toneport UX1

Piano: Yamaha P-85

Wishlist:

Ibanez Jem 7V!!!!!!!!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 04:53 AM