Any Vai Fans In The House?!, Ibanez JEM70V
SixStringSamurai
Jul 1 2013, 10:26 AM
GMC:er
Hey guys! Got some tasty new content for the shred heads in the audience: http://sixstringsamurai.co.nz/2013/07/01/i...bly-outrageous/

A finish the traditionalists might even like too!

A review from one of the new writers to join our team - I would appreciate it if you guys could provide feedback as to what you thought could be done better (and the same goes for any of my own reviews, I'm happy to take criticism!).

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
http://www.six-string-samurai.com - Gear reviews for the terminally GAS-afflicted.

Thank you to John at GMC for inviting me to hang out and talk gear with you guys!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 1 2013, 03:48 PM
Instructor
Wou! That guitar looks so beautiful in the pics! Thanks for sharing the review man, it's interesting, clear and very well written.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
SixStringSamurai
Jul 2 2013, 09:33 AM
Thanks for the kind feedback Gabriel!

--------------------
http://www.six-string-samurai.com - Gear reviews for the terminally GAS-afflicted.

Thank you to John at GMC for inviting me to hang out and talk gear with you guys!

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Jul 3 2013, 01:38 AM
Experienced Guitar Hero
Pretty informative review. I'd be curious to know what amp he used to record the clips. I'd also like to know more specifics about the bolts to the neck being "rough". Maybe a little more description about the frets and feel of the neck and guitar. I know you asked for feedback... and that is the sort of stuff I like to know more about for someone who has never played a Jem before.

Other than that, it seems any questions I would have about the guitar were answered clearly in the review. Seafoam green is definetly a different kind of look for a JEM. I dig it. smile.gif Thanks for sharing the review.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 4 2013, 12:29 PM
Instructor
I will go try it out - the PRS dealer is also the official Ibanez dealer here in Romania and he has this exact model in the shop - thanks for sparking my curiosity man tongue.gif

+Quote Post
SixStringSamurai
Jul 9 2013, 08:25 PM
QUOTE (DeGroot @ Jul 3 2013, 12:38 AM) *
Pretty informative review. I'd be curious to know what amp he used to record the clips. I'd also like to know more specifics about the bolts to the neck being "rough". Maybe a little more description about the frets and feel of the neck and guitar. I know you asked for feedback... and that is the sort of stuff I like to know more about for someone who has never played a Jem before.

Other than that, it seems any questions I would have about the guitar were answered clearly in the review. Seafoam green is definetly a different kind of look for a JEM. I dig it. smile.gif Thanks for sharing the review.

Great stuff, thank you! I'll relay that feedback to him.

I can help clarify at least one point - the neck bolt holes thing. It's quite common on the cheaper Ibanez models to have a very rough, unsanded finish on the surface of the bolt holes. Clearly because it's built to a lower price point, taking the time to sand and finish the bolt holes nicely just isn't a priority, so they just get roughly bored out or drilled, and then painted over when the time comes.

It's really a minor niggle but it does annoy some people. I remember when I first saw the Premium line I was shocked to see stuff like that on it.

That said, I'm really quite interested in the new Andy Timmons Premium model (since his Prestige model is so damn expensive) so I'm ready to forgive them... Heh. Will be asking my local dealer for one to review soon hopefully.

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 4 2013, 11:29 AM) *
I will go try it out - the PRS dealer is also the official Ibanez dealer here in Romania and he has this exact model in the shop - thanks for sparking my curiosity man tongue.gif

biggrin.gif Hehe, always glad to spread the GAS!

Let me know how you get on with it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 10 2013, 07:50 AM
Instructor
Good thing you reminded me - I had a lot of work on my hands and totally forgot to pass by at the store wink.gif

+Quote Post
Taka Perry
Jul 16 2013, 09:59 AM
Learning Rock Star
I'm a big Vai fan. In fact, I saw him live a few nights ago in Canberra. Absolutely wonderful, I was about 4 meters away from him the entire time.

His facial expressions were just priceless.

--------------------

+Quote Post
SixStringSamurai
Jul 17 2013, 02:34 AM
Haha yeah that's my favourite part of seeing Vai. I saw him for the first time last year at G3, and am going to his solo gig this Saturday here in NZ!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Taka Perry
Jul 17 2013, 02:43 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (SixStringSamurai @ Jul 17 2013, 11:34 AM) *
Haha yeah that's my favourite part of seeing Vai. I saw him for the first time last year at G3, and am going to his solo gig this Saturday here in NZ!

They're just great. I'm sure you'll enjoy it. The band are amazing, I really liked the bassist.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 17 2013, 08:53 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Taka Perry @ Jul 17 2013, 01:43 AM) *
They're just great. I'm sure you'll enjoy it. The band are amazing, I really liked the bassist.

Who is the bassist he is performing with in Australia? In the European leg of the tour, he performed with the bass player in my band biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Taka Perry
Jul 17 2013, 12:52 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 17 2013, 05:53 PM) *
Who is the bassist he is performing with in Australia? In the European leg of the tour, he performed with the bass player in my band biggrin.gif

That's awesome! The guy's name was Philip Bynoe.

Did you get to meet Steve Vai by an chance? biggrin.gif

And what's your band called? I will check it out smile.gif

This post has been edited by Taka Perry: Jul 17 2013, 12:55 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 18 2013, 12:08 PM
Instructor
Ah Bynoe - I've seen him perform with Vai many times!

I met Mr. Vai back in 2005 and also a brief greet here in Bucharest when he cam last month - I attended his masterclass that he held before the concert.

My band is called Days of Confusion -> https://www.facebook.com/DAYS.OF.CONFUSION.OFFICIAL.PAGE

+Quote Post
Taka Perry
Jul 18 2013, 01:58 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 18 2013, 09:08 PM) *
Ah Bynoe - I've seen him perform with Vai many times!

I met Mr. Vai back in 2005 and also a brief greet here in Bucharest when he cam last month - I attended his masterclass that he held before the concert.

My band is called Days of Confusion -> https://www.facebook.com/DAYS.OF.CONFUSION.OFFICIAL.PAGE

Bynoe is a great bassist. Always on the 6 string!

It's really cool that you met Steve Vai. He's a great player. I'm hoping to meet him someday smile.gif

I saw you bands Facebook page, but I'm on my iPod, so I couldn't listen to the music. I will have a listen when I get on the computer next.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 18 2013, 02:08 PM
I"ve always wanted one of those since the first of the series was released. Just an amazing guitar. I keep an eye out for a used one all the time. Usually about 10 years must pass before I can find a great deal on a guitar it seems so gotta be patient smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (SixStringSamurai @ Jul 1 2013, 05:26 AM) *
Hey guys! Got some tasty new content for the shred heads in the audience: http://sixstringsamurai.co.nz/2013/07/01/i...bly-outrageous/

A finish the traditionalists might even like too!

A review from one of the new writers to join our team - I would appreciate it if you guys could provide feedback as to what you thought could be done better (and the same goes for any of my own reviews, I'm happy to take criticism!).

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 19 2013, 10:06 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Taka Perry @ Jul 18 2013, 12:58 PM) *
Bynoe is a great bassist. Always on the 6 string!

It's really cool that you met Steve Vai. He's a great player. I'm hoping to meet him someday smile.gif

I saw you bands Facebook page, but I'm on my iPod, so I couldn't listen to the music. I will have a listen when I get on the computer next.

Cool, thanks for your time mate smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:19 PM