> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Jessej's Thread, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 21 2012, 08:35 PM
Instructor
Hi man! Thanks for this take. You learnt the lesson correctly but it needs some days of practice. You have to try to avoid muting some notes from the arpeggio melodies and also to make the chords changes smoother. Regarding the distorted chords, there is something wrong every time you play the third chord, please check that chord in the tab and compare to what you are playing. Continue playing this lesson during this week and concentrate on those things.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JesseJ
Apr 22 2012, 05:47 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Apr 21 2012, 07:35 PM) *
Hi man! Thanks for this take. You learnt the lesson correctly but it needs some days of practice. You have to try to avoid muting some notes from the arpeggio melodies and also to make the chords changes smoother. Regarding the distorted chords, there is something wrong every time you play the third chord, please check that chord in the tab and compare to what you are playing. Continue playing this lesson during this week and concentrate on those things.

Hi . Thanks for the feedback ! I will keep working on that lesson this week and Fix that 3rd chord . I will try to put another take up on wednesday smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Never miss an opportunity to play

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 23 2012, 05:45 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (JesseJ @ Apr 22 2012, 01:47 AM) *
Hi . Thanks for the feedback ! I will keep working on that lesson this week and Fix that 3rd chord . I will try to put another take up on wednesday smile.gif

Perfect! I'll wait for the take! wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
JesseJ
Apr 26 2012, 03:01 AM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Apr 23 2012, 04:45 AM) *
Perfect! I'll wait for the take! wink.gif

Okay I checked that third power chord in the video and you said it is a G and I was playing a G . Anyway here is my other take . I messed up a tiny bit in the beginning but other than that I like the take . So as far as I know that is the only mistake I made . So once again it is not perfect ,I can keep working on it if you like . I just wanted to post another take so you can hear where I'm at .

http://soundcloud.com/jessej-3/pop-punk

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 26 2012, 07:01 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! Thanks for this new take! It's a great decision to post your progress the more frequent possible. I can notice an improvement comparing this take with the previous one. You are more comfortable with the sections. There are some wrong notes here and there but the overall is ok. Keep on practising it for some days, and let's start working on a new one! Do you have any lesson in mind?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
JesseJ
Apr 26 2012, 07:45 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Apr 26 2012, 06:01 PM) *
Hi mate! Thanks for this new take! It's a great decision to post your progress the more frequent possible. I can notice an improvement comparing this take with the previous one. You are more comfortable with the sections. There are some wrong notes here and there but the overall is ok. Keep on practising it for some days, and let's start working on a new one! Do you have any lesson in mind?

Hey! thanks for the feedback smile.gif I will keep practicing that lesson . Another lesson ... well I was thinking i would like to learn some more about arpeggios I don't know much about them other than that they are a broken chord , but I see you can do some cool stuff with them so I would like to dig into that . I personally like to not just learn a song but then also analyze it and learn what they used and did to make the different parts and such so that way I will learn how to improvise . Like I want to know why and what i'm playing . I know people who can play cool stuff but have no idea what they are doing they just learnt a tab , Whereas I want to be like " what am I playing ? oh that is a lick in G minor pentatonic or that is a C major arpeggio" . Because I think that way I will learn how to improvise and write music better .

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 26 2012, 11:51 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (JesseJ @ Apr 26 2012, 03:45 PM) *
Hey! thanks for the feedback smile.gif I will keep practicing that lesson . Another lesson ... well I was thinking i would like to learn some more about arpeggios I don't know much about them other than that they are a broken chord , but I see you can do some cool stuff with them so I would like to dig into that . I personally like to not just learn a song but then also analyze it and learn what they used and did to make the different parts and such so that way I will learn how to improvise . Like I want to know why and what i'm playing . I know people who can play cool stuff but have no idea what they are doing they just learnt a tab , Whereas I want to be like " what am I playing ? oh that is a lick in G minor pentatonic or that is a C major arpeggio" . Because I think that way I will learn how to improvise and write music better .

Great thinking mate! Let's go for it. I have this idea, we work in parallel in musical lessons and also in some theory lessons, and we will analyse together what's happening in the musical lessons. I will give you some suggestions but please tell me what you know about theory.

What do you think?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
JesseJ
Apr 27 2012, 04:59 AM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Apr 26 2012, 10:51 PM) *
Great thinking mate! Let's go for it. I have this idea, we work in parallel in musical lessons and also in some theory lessons, and we will analyse together what's happening in the musical lessons. I will give you some suggestions but please tell me what you know about theory.

What do you think?

Well My theory is pretty good . Let me see I'm not to sure where to start . I know the the major/minor scales and how to make them . Such as the whole step/half step stuff . I understand the theory behind making chords but I still cant make them at will on the guitar .Like I know 5th and 6th string barre chords and most open chords but I cant make a chord using theory yet I just know the shapes and such But I can make them on the piano . I know how to read music ( like real music not tabs ) I played piano for a while, I just don't know how to look at a piece of sheet music and play it on the guitar . I understand timing and rests and can read them ( also a by-product of piano ) Intervals are kind of a grey area to me . I was kinda looking into the cycle of keys but I never really finished that I think they move in 5th intervals when going in sharps and 4th's when going in flats but not to sure. I know that we play music in keys and each key has it's different degrees which make different chords such as a G chord in the key of Cmaj is a Maj chord but in the key of A it is a diminshed chord ( I think ) . So I guess I would say I have good basic understanding of theory . I have studied it a fair amount though because I figured that is how I would get good . My problem is my theory is all self taught so applying it isn't the best sad.gif Like I know scales and how to make them but my solos ( or attempts at them ) don't sound good at all . idk if you remember my song I first posted with that little solo I made up . So that is pretty much it . i worked through a few theory books and like i said I have played piano for 2 years so I do know some theory smile.gif I just want to learn how to apply it better .

You might have an easier time judging my theory knowledge if you asked me some questions .

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 27 2012, 04:25 PM
Instructor
It's a good idea but instead of making questions, let's choose a song that you like and I want you to analize it. Please post some options and I will help you choose. Also I would like to continue working on musical lessons but this time also concentrating on how it was composed. Then I will give you some lessons or links to continue learning theory. What do you think?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
JesseJ
May 14 2012, 04:06 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Apr 27 2012, 03:25 PM) *
It's a good idea but instead of making questions, let's choose a song that you like and I want you to analize it. Please post some options and I will help you choose. Also I would like to continue working on musical lessons but this time also concentrating on how it was composed. Then I will give you some lessons or links to continue learning theory. What do you think?

Hello ! sorry I haven't been in contact but I was gone in mexico for vacation smile.gif. Anyhow did you want me to pick a song off here to analyze or just any song ?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 14 2012, 04:28 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (JesseJ @ May 14 2012, 12:06 PM) *
Hello ! sorry I haven't been in contact but I was gone in mexico for vacation smile.gif. Anyhow did you want me to pick a song off here to analyze or just any song ?

Please post here at least 5 songs that you like and I will tell you how to analyze them.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
JesseJ
May 14 2012, 11:31 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ May 14 2012, 03:28 PM) *
Please post here at least 5 songs that you like and I will tell you how to analyze them.

Have faith in me - A Day To Remember
Rise today - Alter Bridge
Sweet Child of Mine - Gun's n roses
Kiss it Goodbye - Nickelback
Sweet Home Alabama - Lynyrd skynyrd
Heels over head - Boys like girls
Someday - Nickelback

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 15 2012, 03:23 PM
Instructor
Well, this is the method that I use to analyze songs. I study lots of songs using this template and then compare all of them and try to create theories and conclusions about the tools more used in different styles/bands/songs that I like:

Song Analysis:

Name of the song:
Name of the band:

Structure // What is happening? // Chords & Scales

Structure: You will divide the tune in Intro - Riff - Verse - Prechorus- - Chorus - Solo - Part C and so... You can add the letters A, B, C to the sections when you find different ones in the same tune (Ex: Verse A, Verse B, Chorus, Solo A, Solo .

what is happening?: Here you will describe each part. You can explain how is the part, if it has vocals, screams, melodies, harmonizations, how much is last, how many measures, etc. Every information that could be useful to understand the part.

Chords & Scales: Here you will post the tonality, the chord progression and the scales used for the melodies and solos.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
JesseJ
May 16 2012, 06:01 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ May 15 2012, 02:23 PM) *
Well, this is the method that I use to analyze songs. I study lots of songs using this template and then compare all of them and try to create theories and conclusions about the tools more used in different styles/bands/songs that I like:

Song Analysis:

Name of the song:
Name of the band:

Structure // What is happening? // Chords & Scales

Structure: You will divide the tune in Intro - Riff - Verse - Prechorus- - Chorus - Solo - Part C and so... You can add the letters A, B, C to the sections when you find different ones in the same tune (Ex: Verse A, Verse B, Chorus, Solo A, Solo .

what is happening?: Here you will describe each part. You can explain how is the part, if it has vocals, screams, melodies, harmonizations, how much is last, how many measures, etc. Every information that could be useful to understand the part.

Chords & Scales: Here you will post the tonality, the chord progression and the scales used for the melodies and solos.

I just have one little problem , My ear isn't good enough to hear what chords or what riff is being played . I cant even tell what key the song is in .

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 17 2012, 04:14 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (JesseJ @ May 16 2012, 02:01 PM) *
I just have one little problem , My ear isn't good enough to hear what chords or what riff is being played . I cant even tell what key the song is in .

Ok, let's go together. Which of the songs would you like to analyze first?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
JesseJ
May 17 2012, 10:17 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ May 17 2012, 03:14 PM) *
Ok, let's go together. Which of the songs would you like to analyze first?

I would like to analyze kiss it goodbye by Nickelback first. They are my favorite band, and I would absolutly love to be able to play there music and emulate there style .

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 18 2012, 12:42 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (JesseJ @ May 17 2012, 06:17 PM) *
I would like to analyze kiss it goodbye by Nickelback first. They are my favorite band, and I would absolutly love to be able to play there music and emulate there style .

Ok, let's go for the structure first. Could you please describe here the different sections? Intro - Verse - Pre-Chorus - Chorus - Solo. How many? Were do they appear? How many times?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
JesseJ
May 18 2012, 06:40 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ May 17 2012, 11:42 PM) *
Ok, let's go for the structure first. Could you please describe here the different sections? Intro - Verse - Pre-Chorus - Chorus - Solo. How many? Were do they appear? How many times?

Here is the order:
Intro
Verse
Prechorus
Chorus
Intro
Verse
Prechorus
Chorus
Bridge
Instrumental ( which is the intro part )
Chorus
Bridge

The intro is played 3 times it opens the song gets played again after the first chorus and gets played again after the bridge of the second chorus

There are only 2 verse's the prechorus follows right after them and is also only played 2 times

The Chorus is played 3 times and the last 2 times it is played there is something added to it you could call it a bridge or just an exstension of the chorus I'm not sure what it is actually called .

I'm gone camping this weekend but I will be back on monday smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 18 2012, 06:46 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (JesseJ @ May 18 2012, 02:40 PM) *
Here is the order:
Intro
Verse
Prechorus
Chorus
Intro
Verse
Prechorus
Chorus
Bridge
Instrumental ( which is the intro part )
Chorus
Bridge

The intro is played 3 times it opens the song gets played again after the first chorus and gets played again after the bridge of the second chorus

There are only 2 verse's the prechorus follows right after them and is also only played 2 times

The Chorus is played 3 times and the last 2 times it is played there is something added to it you could call it a bridge or just an exstension of the chorus I'm not sure what it is actually called .

I'm gone camping this weekend but I will be back on monday smile.gif

Excellent! Now, you will check this lesson and then try to discover the key of the song:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Determ...-Key-Of-A-Song/

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
JesseJ
May 18 2012, 09:36 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ May 18 2012, 05:46 PM) *
Excellent! Now, you will check this lesson and then try to discover the key of the song:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Determ...-Key-Of-A-Song/

okay I only had about 20 min cause I am leaving for camping now so skimmed through the video i will go over it better once I get back .
I think the song is in the key of D in drop D tuning ?

--------------------

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 07:15 AM