Help With Alot Of Things...
Neosmithk
Sep 25 2007, 08:30 AM
GMC:er
well first off i finished the beginner lessons and i'm working on this lesson: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...esson/index.htm
i can almost play along with Gabriel(with a few more hrs f practice i will be able to)

but other then doing that im not sure what i should be practicing, like what scales and exersizes and stuff.

i have alot more questions if you have a IM or something -- or i could post them but i would be tedius and there would be alot of posts

~thx!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Pavel
Sep 25 2007, 05:07 PM
Instructor
You can sure post it here! It will also help others who have similar questions! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Neosmithk
Sep 26 2007, 08:08 AM
ok first what should i be practicing?

-i know i need to have your legato lesson in the practice schedule, but like what scales should i be doing and other exersizes should i be doing?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pavel
Sep 26 2007, 04:41 PM
Instructor
Whatever you find on GMC is good to practice.

Scales: major, minor, harmonic minor, phrygian is also a good scale to know.
Legato lessons are there, you just have to learn them biggrin.gif wink.gif

If you want you can even start practicing sweeping. The earlier you start doing i - the better for you.

Basically, whatever Alternate Piking lesson you come across - you can practice it.

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

+Quote Post
steve25
Sep 26 2007, 05:49 PM
QUOTE (Pavel @ Sep 26 2007, 04:41 PM) *
Whatever you find on GMC is good to practice.

Scales: major, minor, harmonic minor, phrygian is also a good scale to know.
Legato lessons are there, you just have to learn them biggrin.gif wink.gif

If you want you can even start practicing sweeping. The earlier you start doing i - the better for you.
Basically, whatever Alternate Piking lesson you come across - you can practice it.

I didn't know you could start pracitcing sweep picking so early, i thought it was more an advanced guitarist technique thing. But aren't some lessons here more for the advanced players?

+Quote Post
Pavel
Sep 26 2007, 09:46 PM
Instructor
Some of them are for more advanced players. But Sweeping Basics can easily be practiced by a beginner. Don't limit yourself - give it a try! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Neosmithk
Sep 27 2007, 04:12 AM
like what major and minor scales should i know? - or should i just know all of them A-G#?

- also just to make sure with the scales, i should know them all over the neck of the guitar not just in one spot...
and im also getting a guitar this weekend ( im currently barrowing my dads ), any suggestions on what i shout get for the style i like to play? -- im currently looking at an Ibanez similar to yours except without the handle in the side and without the vine style on the neck

This post has been edited by Neosmithk: Sep 27 2007, 04:21 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pavel
Sep 27 2007, 05:54 AM
Instructor
Any Ibanez will be good!

There is no particular scale to know - the more you know the better. Learn scale boxes for major scale and you'll know all major scales all over the neck.

There is a lesson called IONIAN SCALE BOXES - you could start there. It may look difficult but it's not that difficult.

Of course you should be familiar with the whole neck so you'll be practicing scales all over the neck!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:51 AM