Are You Happy With Your Current Practice Routine?
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 21 2013, 12:58 PM
Instructor
Hi guys! I hope that everything is ok and that everybody is practising or making music! One common thing that happens to us is to feel confused about what to practice everyday, and that' why we always talk about guitar routines.

This thread is to check that everybody is happy with their current routine or if you feel that there is something missing or even worse, if you don't have a routine and you are lose among the big amount of lessons that you can find here.

Just let us know if you need help! smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Mar 21 2013, 12:59 PM

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Qenzoz
Mar 21 2013, 01:08 PM
GMC:er
I don't have a strict practice routine, that doesn't seem to work for me, I just make sure to work on some different things each day, also depends on the time I have, some days I maybe only work on my techniques for 15 minutes other days I could maybe work for an hour. I find it kind of boring to do the exact same thing everyday for the exact same amount of time. E.g. now I have to record Hey You by Pink Floyd that means I'll be practicing a lot on that. And also due to the new REC updates I think I might start to practice a GMC lesson and try and participate in that!'

So I am actually pretty happy about what I am doing now, just having fun and playing/practicing for the amount of time I fee like, at the moment it's usually around the 4 hour mark a day. I make sure to practice the parts of a song efficiently and also then maybe after doing that for 20 minutes I'll maybe just sit and noodle around on the guitar for fun for 10 minutes then I'll go back to practicing, so nothing strict here, just trying to progress & having fun! smile.gif, which seems to have improved my playing majorly and also just makes me enjoy playing the guitar again and more than I ever have before!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitar
Suhr S4 Pro Series Bengal Burst

+Quote Post
Ekilo
Mar 21 2013, 03:53 PM
My practice routine is not very good at the moment and it is not making me happy at all. I have plenty of time available but I have been completely focused on finishing up my bands originals. It seems like every rehearsal, we come up with a new song or idea. I'm not saying thats a bad thing at all but it is moving my focus to that instead of hitting on improving. I believe I need to set aside time and set myself some ground rules so that I only work on improving my abilities during the set aside time. In the long run it will improve the bands music as well.

So, I suppose my answer is no and I know I need to fix it.

--------------------
Bill Tanner

My Facebook

+Quote Post
Headbanger
Mar 21 2013, 05:46 PM
I am similar to Quenzoz...I use my time split between serious learning of tunes/techniques/theory and having fun and a general free for all noodling thrashing session at the end...I'm happy and manage to keep myself motivated. It helps a lot having GMC by my side though...not like the old days.

+Quote Post
Patrik Berg
Mar 21 2013, 10:59 PM
I find my routine is more around recording exercises and lessons for my students, what's lacking the most is sitting down and reading my classical guitar books, I've always been an ears player. I have a couple of video lessonsfrom here that I regularly work on, in particular Muris Varajics alternate workout it's frustrating me to no end as I simply can not relax my picking hand, I can play it at 87% speed but by the end o it my picking hand is cramping so I slow it back down and play at half speed staying totally relaxed but I just can't seem to increase the tempo withou tensing up. Anyway, thanks for listening to my sob story smile.gif

--------------------
When your fingers bleed you're getting somewhere

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Mar 22 2013, 12:33 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Patrik Berg @ Mar 21 2013, 10:59 PM) *
I find my routine is more around recording exercises and lessons for my students, what's lacking the most is sitting down and reading my classical guitar books, I've always been an ears player. I have a couple of video lessonsfrom here that I regularly work on, in particular Muris Varajics alternate workout it's frustrating me to no end as I simply can not relax my picking hand, I can play it at 87% speed but by the end o it my picking hand is cramping so I slow it back down and play at half speed staying totally relaxed but I just can't seem to increase the tempo withou tensing up. Anyway, thanks for listening to my sob story smile.gif

right there with you man,what has been helping me lately , are doubles in todd's chat, the doubles force you to be relaxed somehow and I realized that I pick different when I get so focused on 3 nps

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 22 2013, 09:58 AM
Instructor
Very good question from Gabe! Now I would add another question so that I might help you a little bit with finding other answers smile.gif What keeps you motivated when it comes down to playing guitar? We all love doing it but at some point, something happens and we don't have that incredible drive anymore, unless... smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 01:55 AM