Brian May Tone
Mav
Mar 14 2008, 10:08 PM
GMC:er
Hi David,

Am busy working my way through your in the style of Brian May lesson which is, as always, excellent.

I have a quick question on the tone you created there. Brian's guitar sound is very distinct and is based on his unusual semi hollow guitar with burns pick ups in series, a treble booster and a Vox AC30 on full power. You seem to have got pretty close to replicating it in the lesson though.

Can you please let me know the settings you used to achieve this... presume you managed it through your POD XT ?

With thanks

Mav

ps - Do you have plans for any more lessons in Brians style. He is my all time favourite guitarist smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Mav: Mar 14 2008, 10:09 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 1)
David Wallimann
Mar 16 2008, 08:51 PM
Instructor
Thanks Mav!
As far as tone goes, I use a Lines 6 Spider 2 amp.
It's kind of old and doesn't have many effects... I used more mids than usually here and added some flnge which helps to get Brian's tone.
I'll make sure to provide more in style of Brian May lessons!
Thanks!

QUOTE (Mav @ Mar 14 2008, 05:08 PM) *
Hi David,

Am busy working my way through your in the style of Brian May lesson which is, as always, excellent.

I have a quick question on the tone you created there. Brian's guitar sound is very distinct and is based on his unusual semi hollow guitar with burns pick ups in series, a treble booster and a Vox AC30 on full power. You seem to have got pretty close to replicating it in the lesson though.

Can you please let me know the settings you used to achieve this... presume you managed it through your POD XT ?

With thanks

Mav

ps - Do you have plans for any more lessons in Brians style. He is my all time favourite guitarist smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 03:04 PM