Wikiwriters Entry : <pantera>
ZakkWylde
May 17 2008, 12:00 PM
Learning Tone Master
This is my second and and last entry for the Wiki Writers competition. It took me a whole day to write this article about my alltime favourite Metal Band: PANTERA. It is quite long and features a lot of pictures.

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/wiki/index.php/Pantera

As always I would like some comments and suggestions aswell as some people who can check my bad english for typos tongue.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Jad Diab
May 17 2008, 12:01 PM
Instructor (former GMCer Zizi Top)
why is it your last entries ?

Edit : by the way, if i was the judge, i would give it 5 stars ! great work man smile.gif .... but let's leave the judging for seniors wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Zizi Top: May 17 2008, 12:03 PM

--------------------
I endorse Sp custom pickups

Check out some of my work :
Youtube
GMC lessons
Myspace

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
May 17 2008, 12:03 PM
Learning Tone Master
Because I am exhausted now^^ and I don't think I can write a better article than this one because I love Pantera and know everything about them.

--------------------

Gear:

- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
Jad Diab
May 17 2008, 12:04 PM
you don't have to write excellent wiki's all the time ! 3 and 4 stars are also accepted ... anyway you got my support wink.gif
Keep rockin'

--------------------

Youtube
GMC lessons
Myspace

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
May 17 2008, 12:06 PM
Learning Tone Master
I think youre allowed to write as many articles as you like but in the final poll only your best article will be featured for the final decision, but I am not sure about that... After all it's a competition about the best qualitiy article and not about ''Who can write the biggest number of articles''

This post has been edited by ZakkWylde: May 17 2008, 12:08 PM

--------------------

Gear:

+Quote Post
Jad Diab
May 17 2008, 12:15 PM
i don't think so my friend ..... each article gives you points (3, 4 or 5) when the competition is done, they will count the number of point of eachone... and the member that have most points will win
so if you write on article and get 5 stars and another write 2 article of 3 stars each .. he will win , cause he will have 6 stars ...
you can see on the wiki board the lead now is Fire with 9 points

By the way .. if you change your mind .. i can suggest you to write a wiki on ozzy ozbourn smile.gif

--------------------

Youtube
GMC lessons
Myspace

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
May 17 2008, 12:21 PM
Learning Tone Master
mad.gif Mmh I am a bit disappointed now... In the time I have spent to write the pantera article I could have written almost 10 3-4 point aricles and I would have taken the lead...So it's all about quantity... or we need higher grades for extraordinary good articles like Organised Confusions Pearl Jam Article.

This post has been edited by ZakkWylde: May 17 2008, 12:22 PM

--------------------

Gear:

+Quote Post
Jad Diab
May 17 2008, 12:22 PM
i'd say it's about quantity and quality ..
what counts in the end is the number of points that you have

--------------------

Youtube
GMC lessons
Myspace

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
May 17 2008, 01:36 PM
Moderation Policy Director
The idea is that it is about both quality AND quantity, thats why we introduced the grading system so someone couldn't write 500 1 line articles and win. In the event, so far we have had only high quality articles scoring 4 and 5, so to win this you will need to come up with a number of high quality articles!

It is a great article though and gets a 5 - wish I could give it more! Maybe we can add a bonus prize for best individual article or something.

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
May 17 2008, 01:50 PM
Learning Tone Master
I am sorry but I think there is a too gig gap in quality and length between some 5 point articles...

--------------------

Gear:

+Quote Post
Jad Diab
May 17 2008, 01:52 PM
maybe you can try to grade it with 10 points ( only article with more than 5/10 will be accepted .. and 10/10 will be reserved for "exceptional" articles tongue.gif

--------------------

Youtube
GMC lessons
Myspace

+Quote Post
audiopaal
May 17 2008, 02:04 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
In my opinion it should be who has more 5 point rated articles in the end, that should be considered the winners.
The 3 and 4 points articles should justshow that they're good but needs improvement to get counted in the competition and would givepeople reason to "update" them to get a 5 point score. This way the best wiki-writer wins and not the fastest 3 or 4 point writer if you ask me smile.gif

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
May 17 2008, 02:08 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (audiopaal @ May 17 2008, 03:04 PM) *
In my opinion it should be who has more 5 point rated articles in the end, that should be considered the winners.
The 3 and 4 points articles should justshow that they're good but needs improvement to get counted in the competition and would givepeople reason to "update" them to get a 5 point score. This way the best wiki-writer wins and not the fastest 3 or 4 point writer if you ask me smile.gif

That's my point!

--------------------

Gear:

+Quote Post
audiopaal
May 17 2008, 02:09 PM
QUOTE (ZakkWylde @ May 17 2008, 03:08 PM) *
That's my point!

And it's a good point smile.gif

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
May 17 2008, 02:10 PM
GMC:er
Great article Zakk. I hope you agree that my two articles so far have had a lot of time and effort put in also. That is why it will be hard for me to win keeping up with this. Gear articles can get a 5 much easier it seems.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
May 17 2008, 02:15 PM
Learning Tone Master
You have written two great and long Band articles OC so you know how much time it takes to put them together, like I said within the same time I could have written a lot of 3-4 point articles and taken the lead... I thought the winner of this competition will be decided by an open poll, just like the student instructor contest, and I though the grades are there to qualify your articles for this final poll...

--------------------

Gear:

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
May 17 2008, 02:15 PM
Moderation Policy Director
Ok, guys, its not easy sitting here grading 10 articles in a row and trying to keep it consistent - I am doing my best! I cant change the rules now, its not fair, but look at it this way - now Zakk and OC have come up with such excellent articles, it is going to be harder for others to get such a good grade as the bar has been raised ... I know that sounds a little subjective, but the idea here is to have some fun and get some decent Wiki articles - we are already succeeding!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
May 17 2008, 02:18 PM
A system where by gear articles get up to 5 points and band articles could get up to 10 points I think would have been more appropiate. Because there is no point writing a load for gear article as much as you would for a band but a band article is usually way over twice the size of a gear article. But I'm not sure what Andrew thinks. I don't want to stop doing Band articles but they do take a very long time if they are to be of super high quality.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic

+Quote Post
audiopaal
May 17 2008, 02:19 PM
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ May 17 2008, 03:15 PM) *
Ok, guys, its not easy sitting here grading 10 articles in a row and trying to keep it consistent - I am doing my best! I cant change the rules now, its not fair, but look at it this way - now Zakk and OC have come up with such excellent articles, it is going to be harder for others to get such a good grade as the bar has been raised ... I know that sounds a little subjective, but the idea here is to have some fun and get some decent Wiki articles - we are already succeeding!

It wasn't meant as critique against your work Andrew smile.gif
Your doing a phenomenal job with this and all the other competitions smile.gif
I just think next time it should be the 5 point rated articles that should count against the win smile.gif

And yeah, the bar should be raised now with these great articles, I'm in awe of the quality of some entries smile.gif

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
May 17 2008, 02:20 PM
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ May 17 2008, 02:15 PM) *

I'm just trying to write the best articles possible for the wiki. I don't care if I win to be honest as I want to help people but it is a little disheartening. You have to admit there is a huge gap between the length and amount of subject matter of a gear wiki compared to a band one. And thanks for your time on checking out the articles Andrew. I hope this brings a lot more people to the wiki smile.gif

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 11:28 AM