2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Darius Wave Free Lick 1, Starting free licks series
Darius Wave
Mar 1 2014, 11:50 AM
Instructor
Here is the very first of my Free Licks. Tabs included in the video description. I had an idea to share some of the stuff I'm currently experimenting with. Maybe some of You will find it being useful smile.gif

I hope those free lick will also lead more people to this awesome community smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Mar 1 2014, 01:28 PM
Learning Tone Master
thats all ya got
I will have this one up to speed in never

just more great playin, so how does it feel to just ooze great guitar

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by jstcrsn: Mar 1 2014, 01:33 PM

+Quote Post
Jouve
Mar 1 2014, 01:49 PM
Learning Roadie
Sounds great cool.gif
Reminds me of some Ritchie Kotzen/Greg Howe stuff.

+Quote Post
miguelbatalha
Mar 1 2014, 01:57 PM
GMC:er
Darius just loves 7ths. biggrin.gif Sounds great! Love the tapping with bending!

This post has been edited by miguelbatalha: Mar 1 2014, 02:04 PM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 1 2014, 02:39 PM
Instructor
Very nice one man! I will learn it too biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Mar 1 2014, 06:51 PM
Instructor
H aha biggrin.gif Yes there is something cool about 7ths biggrin.gif Lately I'm doing a lot of experiments with arpeggios so I decided to share one of those. Complex lick require a lot of focus and more time to spend on getting those into fingers memory smile.gif)) There will be more licks jstcrsn, so don't worry some phrasing ones as well. Also...I do like to see what's inside the licks I'm not able to play even If I feel I won't be able for a long time smile.gif This gives sort of image of mechanisms working in the lick and can teach You something useful as well smile.gif

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Mar 1 2014, 07:07 PM
Learning Tone Master
Sounds awesome! Great and very useful idea with this "licks series".

BTW this lick make that "hell lick" from our lesson to looks like a piece of cake biggrin.gif I wonder which should it be the right name for this one: "poison lick", "death lick", "satan lick", "evil lick", "beast lick" laugh.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Mar 1 2014, 08:41 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
You should have started the video by saying."Hey! I'm Darius Wave and I betcha can't play this!" laugh.gif
Great stuff D! Thanks a lot man! cool.gif

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Mar 1 2014, 09:37 PM
Learning Tone Master
Now I notice a little detail: you play 73 notes in 7 seconds.........you kidding me? laugh.gif laugh.gif
What do you eat to play so fast? laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Mar 2 2014, 12:14 AM
Instructor
I always feel a distance and hard to judge my playing by using "ultra speed , shredding , etc" words because of the respect for people who really have the insane speed.For example... for me it was always the speed of alternate picking as most reference point, because it demands both hands to be same efficient.

Anyway licks like the one I've posted are not so complicated and still impressive because of the "wind" happening on the neck while playing. Instead of this some very fast alternate picking lick might look very easy on the vid as an opposite to their true level smile.gif

Art is a funny thing because:

1. Very often it's more impressive when it looks "fast" not necessary being that fast in real
2. Violinist looks 100 times more impressive playing 16th notes at 140 bpm with his bow than guitar player playing the same thing with minimal motion of alternate picking movement...
3. People say You finally made an awesome song when You actually use melody and chord progression that has been used 1000 times in music history. You do this in 30 minutes. Now when You spend 6 months to compose something original thinking to avoid well known and abused composing tools....people tend to say...it's crap biggrin.gif

Same with shredding on guitar - there are lick hard to play and lick that just have to lok impressive smile.gif Sweep picking for example biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 2 2014, 02:55 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Mar 1 2014, 11:14 PM) *
I always feel a distance and hard to judge my playing by using "ultra speed , shredding , etc" words because of the respect for people who really have the insane speed.For example... for me it was always the speed of alternate picking as most reference point, because it demands both hands to be same efficient.

Anyway licks like the one I've posted are not so complicated and still impressive because of the "wind" happening on the neck while playing. Instead of this some very fast alternate picking lick might look very easy on the vid as an opposite to their true level smile.gif

Art is a funny thing because:

1. Very often it's more impressive when it looks "fast" not necessary being that fast in real
2. Violinist looks 100 times more impressive playing 16th notes at 140 bpm with his bow than guitar player playing the same thing with minimal motion of alternate picking movement...
3. People say You finally made an awesome song when You actually use melody and chord progression that has been used 1000 times in music history. You do this in 30 minutes. Now when You spend 6 months to compose something original thinking to avoid well known and abused composing tools....people tend to say...it's crap biggrin.gif

Same with shredding on guitar - there are lick hard to play and lick that just have to lok impressive smile.gif Sweep picking for example biggrin.gif

Bro, I played last evening in front of almost 400 ppl - acoustic and vocals - guess what - the whole audience sang with me biggrin.gif I haven't played one solo or something of the kind and no one had anything to complain tongue.gif BUT... I am still going to learn your lick biggrin.gif

To me, something which is more complex in terms of phrasing and interpretation, will always seem a bit more difficult to grasp rather than something which is flashy, but fairly simplistic in conception.

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Mar 2 2014, 04:23 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero
Awesome lick, Darius! I like the idea of stringing multiple techniques together to keep the lick sounding fresh. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Mar 2 2014, 05:25 PM
Instructor
Thanx DeGroot smile.gif I'm sure it's a piece of cake for ya smile.gif

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Mar 2 2014, 06:15 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Mar 2 2014, 04:25 PM) *
Thanx DeGroot smile.gif I'm sure it's a piece of cake for ya smile.gif

No way, Darius. This is a very challenging lick. I broke it down into 3 seperate parts and will play it pretty slow for now. If I try this all at once, I would probably give up! biggrin.gif Anyway, I look forward to the series. As usual, it will introduce some cool new ideas into our playing.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Mar 3 2014, 09:24 AM
Instructor
Ok but promise me You'll post a response once You got the whole thing done smile.gif))

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Mar 3 2014, 01:57 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Mar 3 2014, 08:24 AM) *
Ok but promise me You'll post a response once You got the whole thing done smile.gif))

Sounds good. smile.gif I think it would be great for others to post a take who are practicing it too. Even if it is not at full speed.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Mar 3 2014, 02:35 PM
Instructor
That's a great idea. The speed was not a target here. More the techniques combo You mentioned smile.gif That's the advantage of guitar pro files. You can match the speed for Your own needs smile.gif Some of those sound really good with slow tempo as well smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 3 2014, 04:13 PM
Instructor
This is a very cool lick Darius! It sounds very impressive and it's true that it is easier than it looks. However it requires a lot of practice to make it sound clean and tight.

I also think that it's a great idea to start these series. I have been planning something similar but didn't find the time. This video motivate me even more. Keep this stuff coming mate!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Jim S.
Mar 4 2014, 04:59 AM
Learning Rock Star

Here's is my progress on this lick. It's pretty slow but I think the basic parts are there. Darius when your finger frets a note does it relax and come up as soon as possible? I'm trying to play more relaxed.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 4 2014, 10:05 AM
Instructor
Looking nice Jim smile.gif Keep up the good work and let's see what Darius suggests further wink.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 12:39 PM