2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Moving...
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 5 2013, 07:59 PM
Instructor
Hey guys! I'm moving from my house to a new departament. I will be moving the biggest things today and tomorrow, and the idea is to be living there by january 15th. This is the third time that I move from one place to another one and I am very happy and excited with the change. smile.gif

What about you? Have you ever moved? Do you like it?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Jan 7 2013, 01:21 AM
GMC:er
I've had to move quite a few times over the years! Just moved again in the last 2 months. Between 1992 and 2000 I moved a total of 9 times!!
ohmy.gif

Good luck with the move Gab, I hope everything goes smoothly!!
biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Jan 7 2013, 06:50 AM
Learning Roadie
The physical aspect of moving is awful, though it is a good time to look through everything you own and get rid of all the stuff you really don't need.

It's a good time to develop new habits in the new place too, a new environment can make it easier to create new routines

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 7 2013, 09:15 AM
Instructor
As they say, 'Change is the only constant' smile.gif I have moved 2 times in my entire life. I really like having my own place where I can take care of my life, although I like traveling a lot smile.gif

+Quote Post
bleez
Jan 7 2013, 01:48 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I hate moving! I also hate when my mates move because they always get me to help lift heavy crap up and down stairs!

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 7 2013, 02:50 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Jan 6 2013, 09:21 PM) *
I've had to move quite a few times over the years! Just moved again in the last 2 months. Between 1992 and 2000 I moved a total of 9 times!!
ohmy.gif

Good luck with the move Gab, I hope everything goes smoothly!!
biggrin.gif

Wou!!! That's a lot of times!!! ohmy.gif

QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Jan 7 2013, 02:50 AM) *
The physical aspect of moving is awful, though it is a good time to look through everything you own and get rid of all the stuff you really don't need.

It's a good time to develop new habits in the new place too, a new environment can make it easier to create new routines

Yes, I agree with this! It's like a new beginning for many things..

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jan 7 2013, 05:15 AM) *
As they say, 'Change is the only constant' smile.gif I have moved 2 times in my entire life. I really like having my own place where I can take care of my life, although I like traveling a lot smile.gif

'Change is the only constant' nice quote.

QUOTE (bleez @ Jan 7 2013, 09:48 AM) *
I hate moving! I also hate when my mates move because they always get me to help lift heavy crap up and down stairs!

hahahaha laugh.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 7 2013, 06:18 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jan 7 2013, 01:50 PM) *
Wou!!! That's a lot of times!!! ohmy.gif

Yes, I agree with this! It's like a new beginning for many things..

'Change is the only constant' nice quote.

hahahaha laugh.gif

I unloaded a truck full of things (clothes, bags, furniture etc) when my band mate in DOC sold his mom's apartment in another city and we had to take it into their new home 5 stories with no elevator biggrin.gif It was last year around this time and it was snowing too laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Jan 7 2013, 06:18 PM

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
Jan 7 2013, 06:31 PM
Tone Seeker
After I moved out from mums house I have moved 4 times (2004-2011). But when I was little my family moved quite many times.

You know that first night in a new place. That's an incredible moment.

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jan 7 2013, 09:18 PM) *
I unloaded a truck full of things (clothes, bags, furniture etc) when my band mate in DOC sold his mom's apartment in another city and we had to take it into their new home 5 stories with no elevator biggrin.gif It was last year around this time and it was snowing too laugh.gif

Oh those are fun. Like moving in hot day and taking washing machine into 3rd floor and no elevator. Thank God that there's always cold beer for helpful mates. cool.gif

+Quote Post
mroberts70
Jan 7 2013, 06:39 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jan 7 2013, 05:18 PM) *

There's a workout for you! I bet you ran the stairs with each load too!

Your story reminds me of the old timers story that they'd tell us as kids when we'd complain about riding the bus to school. They'd say "well we used to walk to school, up hill, both ways and in the snow". NO it has nothing to do with moving, but the key elements here that made me think of that was the fact that you were walking UP somewhere, and snow. LOL... I never understood that... apparently they lived on a hill and the school was on a hill? I was always afraid to ask. Seems to me like they would have had four opportunities each school day to ride a sled back down those hills...? I would have!! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Air Guitar Instructor

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jan 7 2013, 07:02 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (bleez @ Jan 7 2013, 12:48 PM) *

laugh.gif laugh.gif

Well said !!

"You take the tv"

"Errr.... no, you take the tv and I'll take these... er... small, fluffy teddy bears..." ph34r.gif

This post has been edited by Ben Higgins: Jan 7 2013, 07:03 PM

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Jan 7 2013, 08:28 PM
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jan 7 2013, 06:02 PM) *
"You take the tv"

"Errr.... no, you take the tv and I'll take these... er... small, fluffy teddy bears..." ph34r.gif

That sounds like it's being told from experience Ben!!
tongue.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
unclemeat
Jan 8 2013, 04:42 AM
Moved probably over 25 times. Hate hate hate it. I can get through about 3/4 of the packing process quickly, and then give up and the rest takes days/weeks.

Last couple moves (including a few trips cross-country) we finally hired movers and it was such a relief. Not having to bribe friends, almost kill yourself hauling large furniture up/down stairs, not mess with renting a truck; all fantastic.

Thankfully we have our own house now and should be around here for a little while.

+Quote Post
mroberts70
Jan 8 2013, 05:28 AM
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jan 7 2013, 06:02 PM) *
laugh.gif laugh.gif

Well said !!

"You take the tv"

Your mates have small fluffy teddy bears? huh.gif SWEET!

--------------------
Air Guitar Instructor

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Jan 8 2013, 07:41 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Good Luck in New PLace , Gabriel !

Before i met my wife i moved manyyyyyyyy.....times around looking for a better place ,

with her only once from little apartment to our house biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 8 2013, 09:33 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (WeePee @ Jan 7 2013, 05:31 PM) *
After I moved out from mums house I have moved 4 times (2004-2011). But when I was little my family moved quite many times.

You know that first night in a new place. That's an incredible moment.

Oh those are fun. Like moving in hot day and taking washing machine into 3rd floor and no elevator. Thank God that there's always cold beer for helpful mates. cool.gif

We finished at 5 in the morning and after that, I had THE BEST SHAORMA EVER! Hunger is the greatest cook there is, ain't it?

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 8 2013, 03:57 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Dieterle @ Jan 8 2013, 03:41 AM) *
Good Luck in New PLace , Gabriel !

Before i met my wife i moved manyyyyyyyy.....times around looking for a better place ,

with her only once from little apartment to our house biggrin.gif

Thanks a lot mate! wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
thefireball
Jan 8 2013, 04:23 PM
Learning Roadie
I hate moving. It has always been associated with something negative for me. Best of luck with your move, however, Gab!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 8 2013, 05:13 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (thefireball @ Jan 8 2013, 12:23 PM) *
I hate moving. It has always been associated with something negative for me. Best of luck with your move, however, Gab!

In this case it's 100% positive. Thanks mate!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jan 8 2013, 05:33 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
I don't like moving. I had to move three times within a year in 2010/2011 and it really is a huge pain biggrin.gif

I hope I don't have to move this year, well, if I have to it'll be my choice alone. Still thinking about whether to look for a new job in another city this year. But maybe I'll just do that next year and focus on other stuff in 2013.

All the best with your moving Gab, how is it coming along?

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 10 2013, 05:00 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Jan 8 2013, 01:33 PM) *
I don't like moving. I had to move three times within a year in 2010/2011 and it really is a huge pain biggrin.gif

I hope I don't have to move this year, well, if I have to it'll be my choice alone. Still thinking about whether to look for a new job in another city this year. But maybe I'll just do that next year and focus on other stuff in 2013.

All the best with your moving Gab, how is it coming along?

Thanks mate! I have most of the things there, but still passing days on my girlfriend's parents house because the internet connexion isn't installed yet in the new place.. I hope that it's ready soon!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:17 AM