Metal Production The Right Way, Visualize yourself as a goblin
thefireball
Jul 6 2014, 02:28 PM
Learning Roadie
Hello GMC! smile.gif

A while back I started a satirical series in metal production done "the right way". I am basically making a joke of it all; though many of you know metal is my favorite genre. It's been years since I have active on YouTube, and so this series gives me something to do. It seems a few people have enjoyed it already. This video embedded below is my third video in the series, and it covers scream techniques. They are (1) Goblin, (2) Demon, (3) Cookie Monster, and (4) Minotaur.

Please do not actually practice these techniques, as they are intentionally wrong. I had to drink a lot of water during filming. wink.gif

The previous videos can be found in this playlist.
The first one talked about chugging/djent guitars. The second covered tracking guitar and bass, and "mixing". biggrin.gif I have plans for further mix and master videos. What I have envisioned is hilarious; i.e. red lights mean METAL, and never mix in mono. tongue.gif

In case anyone might wonder, my mic I used is the AKG Perception 420. I had it set to the standard cardioid setting. I might try setting it to omnidirectional next time since I kept turning my head from the mic. That just meant more post production volume balancing. smile.gif Then again, my bedroom has echo. (And since this is a joke video, I didn't film in the closet as I normally would record in - the best place I have now.)

This is honestly my old self coming alive again. Some of you may remember from the past. smile.gif

Brandon

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:23 PM