10 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > »   
Who Inspired You?, To play guitar BETTER!
shellshock1911
Jan 3 2008, 06:57 PM
GMC:er
CC Deville, Eddie Van Halen, Angus Young, Slash, and Allen Collins were probably the main ones who inspired me. My dad always likes to play the stuff he listened to in the 80s on the radio, when he saw I liked it, he just got me a guitar hoping that I would be playing his favorite songs all the time. Nowadays...not so much, and he still doesn't grasp the fact that there is SOOO much more to guitar than cover songs.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by shellshock1911: Jan 3 2008, 06:58 PM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jan 3 2008, 07:03 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (coffeeman @ Dec 12 2007, 12:05 PM) *
My 2 first inspirations back in 1992 were David Gilmour and Slash, but know I have to say with total honesty that my inspiration to play better every das is MURIS VARAJIC.

I definitely agree smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Stevie-Ray-Vaugh...
Jan 3 2008, 07:06 PM
Learning Rock Star
I actually originally wanted to play drums for the longest time, but my parents didnt want to get me a set, so scratch that idea. Well one day I was at my friends house (back in gradde like 5 or something tongue.gif ) and he played Back in Black on an acoustic and i was astonished (I was a big ACDC fan) The next day I bought a guitar and haven't looked back on it. smile.gif

--------------------

But still I want answers, what's the point, what does all this mean?

+Quote Post
jacmoe
Jan 3 2008, 08:41 PM
Hendrix, Clapton, Hammett, Slash, Page, Richards/May, Angus Young and Niel Young are my main reasons for playing the guitar. smile.gif

But lately Lavendell, Wallimann and Muris, and the rest of the GMC instructor team joined their ranks. biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by jacmoe: Jan 3 2008, 08:42 PM

--------------------
QUOTE ("Steve Vai")
Start by playing something - a bend, a riff, a scale, a song - very slowly; if you make a mistake, start over; do this over and over, until you can play it flawlessly - and I do mean flawlessly - many times in a row. Next, gradually increase the tempo. Eventually you'll be flailing like a madman.

+Quote Post
Existenz
Jan 4 2008, 12:02 AM
For me i like many many guitarists but only a few have inspired me those are;

- Jake E. Lee (Dio/Ozzy Osbourne)
- Kirk Hammet (Metallica)
- Jay Lacey Aka. Jason V (The Berzerker)
- Matt Tuck (Bullet For My Valentine)
- Yngwie Malmsteen (Alcatrazz)
- Juan M. Valero
- Muris Varajic
- Kristopher Dahl

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jan 4 2008, 01:21 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (coffeeman @ Dec 12 2007, 06:05 PM) *
My 2 first inspirations back in 1992 were David Gilmour and Slash, but know I have to say with total honesty that my inspiration to play better every das is MURIS VARAJIC.

Thanks a lot,appreciate it!! smile.gif

I can say that one of my latest influence is surely Guthrie,
control over instrument...not to mention versatility...mind blowing blink.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Tomotoms
Jan 4 2008, 01:27 PM
When I practice I have the album 'Get Out Of My Yard' by Paul Gilbert on my desk.

On the front he looks really grumpy and disapproving, so whenever I start to get bored or tired I look at the picture and think: 'Paul is still not happy with my playing'.

+Quote Post
Guitarist16
Jan 6 2008, 08:22 PM
[font=Arial][size=3]Jimmy Page, EVH, Jimi Hendrix, Herman Li, Yngwie Malmsteen, Kirk Hammett (before the black album), and Robby Krieger all inspired me to play guitar better.

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Jan 6 2008, 08:29 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Muris @ Jan 4 2008, 01:21 AM) *
Thanks a lot,appreciate it!! smile.gif

I can say that one of my latest influence is surely Guthrie,
control over instrument...not to mention versatility...mind blowing blink.gif

yeah, he is an amazing player, I love his improvisations !!!!

+Quote Post
JWBauer
Jan 8 2008, 04:07 AM
I like BB King, SRV, and Steve Miller. My favorite axe man is James Young of the band STYX. Check out this video of him in action.

--------------------
Ibanez AS73-TCR, Esteban American Legacy Starlight Limited Edition,
Esteban Granada Classical, Esteban Midnight Steel Limited Edition
Line 6 Spider III 15w

Buy AS73 at Musiciansfriend.com

+Quote Post
USAMAN
Jan 8 2008, 04:10 AM
Our Instructor Muris. Man that dude can not only play but his compositions are breathtaking.

Peace.

This post has been edited by USAMAN: Jan 8 2008, 01:41 PM

--------------------
If we aren't supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat ?

+Quote Post
JWBauer
Jan 8 2008, 04:17 AM
QUOTE (Wallimann @ Dec 12 2007, 08:41 AM) *
Mine is kind of weird.
When I was 14, I saw this movie "Eddie and the Cruisers 2"
I watched that movie about 50 times total. It totally inspired me to play.
I'd be curiosu to know if anyone else saw it. It's an old late 80s movie...

I remember that one. Heck I remember the first Eddie and the Cruisers. "On the Dark Side" was a great radio play hit in the 80's by John Cafferty and the Beaver Brown Band.

--------------------
Ibanez AS73-TCR, Esteban American Legacy Starlight Limited Edition,
Esteban Granada Classical, Esteban Midnight Steel Limited Edition
Line 6 Spider III 15w

Buy AS73 at Musiciansfriend.com

+Quote Post
ActiveX
Jan 8 2008, 04:44 AM
I've been inspired by many different guitarists over the years, but if I remember correctly, I think it started when I was around 13, and I saw the video for "Yankee Rose" by David Lee Roth (featuring Mr. Steve Vai on guitar), and was totally amazed...got my first electric guitar soon afterwards. smile.gif

+Quote Post
PlayAllDay
Jan 8 2008, 01:36 PM
SRV and Rory Gallagher - I already played classical, but when I heard those two play i just had to find a way to learn electric!

Spelling sad.gif

This post has been edited by PlayAllDay: Jan 8 2008, 01:37 PM

--------------------
Lead me not into temptation - I can find the way myself...

+Quote Post
Sabbz
Jan 8 2008, 02:29 PM
I'd have to say the first time I ever saw Wake Up Dead and Peace Sells on the old Headbangers Ball, (It wasn't even called that back then, I think) I immediately got an insatiable desire to learn to play guitar. So I blame Dave Mustaine.

--------------------
Gear I wish I still owned:
Schecter C-S1 Elite
Ovation CC48
Peavey 6505+ HS
Dunlop DB01 Crybaby From Hell
MXR KFK 10 Band EQ
EHX Holy Grail + Stereo Memory Man
MXR Smart Gate

+Quote Post
Crazyfret
Jan 8 2008, 06:00 PM
Learning Roadie
I suppose the first person who inspired me was Richie Blackmore I still think his playing with Deep Purple was superb.

Other guitarists that I like and would love to emulate are Dave Gilmour, Steve Lukather, Mark Knopfler, Santanna, Jimi Hendrix, Jimmy Page, Alex Lifeson and Neal Schon

--------------------
"I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order." Eric Morecambe

+Quote Post
Kevin98497
Jan 8 2008, 10:03 PM
i remember about 2 years ago i was only a guitar n00b and didnt know much at all, i listened to Red Hot Chili Peppers often and saw like one video of john frusciante, playing on a gretch jazz guitar, so i thought "im gonna get one of those and start learning guitar!" then as my knowledge grew in the guitar world, found out loads of things, and somehow got myself into satch and vai and co. lol strange, but yes, i am inspired by a former 24/7 drug abuser tongue.gif anyhow hes reformed a long time ago now and is a healthy person again smile.gif except all his teeth had to be pulled out and replaced with fake ones coz he got horric gum diseas that wouldve killed him

+Quote Post
johnymac
Jan 9 2008, 06:29 AM
i'v always wanted to learn since i was little but i never really had the patience and then when my father gifted away his acoustic the thought to try again hit me. But as far as inspiration i'd have to say Slash and Eric Clapton are the biggest ones.

--------------------
my gear
Epiphone les Paul extreme, Marshall MG30DFX

+Quote Post
Paul Coutts
Jan 9 2008, 10:58 AM
Hans Zimmer inspired me....not that he's a guitarist, but his music is freakin' awesome biggrin.gif

--------------------
Gear - Ibanez RG350EX, Ibanez RG220DX, ESP LTD MH250, Line 6 PODx3, Laney TF100, Ibanez SM7, Ibanez RG ?

+Quote Post
Pablo Vazquez
Jan 13 2008, 06:06 PM
Instructor
Steve Vai, Jhon Petrucci and of course... Paul Gilbert!!!

Attached Image

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 01:33 PM